HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Carey Price

Old
08-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron delle View Post
If you have the letters TML in your name, you haven't earned the right to attack goaltending, or offence...or defence for that matter.

Giguere and Gustavson...locked up in the goalie position...you would kill for Price.
No kidding. A goalie on rapid decline in Giguere and the LMAOnster. Had one of the worst GAA's and SV%'s in the NHL despite being behind that supposed all-star defense of Toronto's.

Shinsuke Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 10:41 PM
beauchamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
no we didnt...that trade involved our 09 and 10 1sts
But they can't submit an offer sheet which would involve their non-existent 2nd round pick in 2011 (sent to Phoenix with Upshall to obtain Carcillo and to get rid of salary).

beauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2010, 11:56 PM
JesusBouillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
If Halak is worth only spare parts that means Price is worth about a 5th rounder. Less if he thinks he is worth more than $2M a season.

Even though Price is worth next to nothing I don't think he will be traded. Albeit Gauthier would be smarter to just unload Price and sign Niemi if this contract dispute goes any further.
I feel my IQ decreasing with every words you write, please do the world a favor and don't reproduce. Although with all that bitterness I'm sure it won't be an issue.

JesusBouillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizzel View Post

Yeah .912 Save% in 134 NHl Games at 23 years old . Clearly a backup

All he need is a bit more maturity .. it wont be long
I almost hit my screen because of your avatar.

And Montreal is not trading Price. He's our future in the net... Unless Mayer becomes a superstar ?
It would need a massive overpayment to acquire Price. Think of Giroux or van Riemsdyk, two players that the Flyers won't trade as of now. Montreal and Philly are not good trading partners.

Zaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 12:15 AM
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
I almost hit my screen because of your avatar.

And Montreal is not trading Price. He's our future in the net... Unless Mayer becomes a superstar ?
It would need a massive overpayment to acquire Price. Think of Giroux or van Riemsdyk, two players that the Flyers won't trade as of now. Montreal and Philly are not good trading partners.
I hate your avatar.

GirouxCouturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 12:31 AM
InglewoodJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
So in your world you are happy trading a top flight goaltender making peanuts for a prospect with 3rd line potential? And you think I'd make a poor GM?!

Eller has very little chance of being an impact NHLer, obviously he won't ever become one of the best at his position. The point I was making was that Montreal got ***** in the Halak deal and it's just going to look worse as time goes on.
Halak had a good playoffs plus a good stretch.

Eller is one of the league's best prospects. You obviously don't know jack about prospects, asset management or the longevity of a goalie's stay at the top (not very long). There are like 3 or 4 NHL goalies currently who have maintained success for over say 5 years. There are hundreds of forwards who have maintained success for over 5 years.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 01:03 AM
denkiteki

If the Habs don't sign price, they will need yet another new GM for horrible management of their goalie situations. There is no one behind Price for the Habs and really no goalie that can replace Price right now on the market. Trading him makes no sense at all to the team. Its probably the main reason he remains unsigned since his agent knows the Habs must sign him and might be playing hardball to extract as much money as possible out of the Habs.

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 01:32 AM
Hugo Sham

what the **** is wrong with this thread? price's agent has already gone on record that negotiations are going slowly but smoothly and something will be done by early September. the anti-price smack in this thread is ****ing ridiculous. 2 years ago as a 21 year old after winning the calder and helping lead the habs to 104 pts he was a God. suddenly he turned 23 and he's done? stay off the crack, he will be a very good, if not great goalie (with flashes already) someday...

further several unnamed sources - *see scouts / agents etc...had been quoted when halak was dealt that there was always more interest on the part of NHL gm's in trading for price.

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 01:33 AM
goalieguy3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Velvet Hammer View Post
i will bet that he go's to calgary...

kipper and backlund

for

price.
if this happened I would bus to sutters house, break his legs.

goalieguy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 01:38 AM
TML4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron delle View Post
If you have the letters TML in your name, you haven't earned the right to attack goaltending, or offence...or defence for that matter.

Giguere and Gustavson...locked up in the goalie position...you would kill for Price.
Wow seriously? lol give your idiot head a shake lol I for one would not want Price on my team. Cant handle the pressure playing in a big hockey market. Hell play another year in montreal and have ANOTHER disappointing year. You can bash the Leafs all you want it just makes you look like an idiot.

TML4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 01:55 AM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4L View Post
Wow seriously? lol give your idiot head a shake lol I for one would not want Price on my team. Cant handle the pressure playing in a big hockey market. Hell play another year in montreal and have ANOTHER disappointing year. You can bash the Leafs all you want it just makes you look like an idiot.
Pssst, Careys stats are better than "Monster" and Giguere.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 02:01 PM
scottyG

It's unbelievable how underrated Price is getting. Do you realize he's arguably a top 5-7 goalie in the East? and top 2 in his division

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 02:02 PM
SayNoMore*

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersflyers18 View Post
What would it take for him to be a flyer? Mezaros? Carle? Picks and Prospects?
Giroux + JVR + ...

SayNoMore* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Puck Scorer

Carey price is untouchable

Puck Scorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokey101 View Post
Giroux + JVR + ...
Easily one of them straight up. Which obviously won't happen now that Halak has been traded. But I can't see Gauthier being interested in any other assets from Philly.

Not saying Holmgren would've jumped on that, and I'm pretty sure Price hasn't even been shopped around, but there is absolutely no reason to trade a guy like Price for a package of spare parts.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 03:21 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4L View Post

Last seasons stats:

Price: 41gp, 13W, 20L, .912 save %, 2.77GAA.

Gustavsson: 42gp, 16W, 15L, .902save%, 2.87 GAA.
Giguerre: 35gp, 10W, 15L, .907 save %, 2.85 GAA.

Price had better stats than your goalies, so THAT MUST be why you wouldn't want him on your team. We all know that Leafs fans like you DON'T want to win a cup... Thankfully I know some Leafs fans who DO want to win a cup and understand hockey...lol. Can I remind you that the Habs only averaged less than 2 goals per game in Price's 20 losses? Never mind, why show you stats and use logic to explain reality to you...sigh...

Last edited by Drydenwasthebest: 08-21-2010 at 03:51 PM. Reason: mistake
Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 03:34 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Everyone wants to take a shot at habs. Nothign new really. Get used to it.

imo Price can be just as good if not better. I have to say I did not expect Halak to perfomr like he did in playoffs. One thing to steal games another thing, to steal rounds against best o-sive teams. Stealing two rounds like he did. Who else did that? I can say now it's impressive.

I am can say VERY impressive now that he is not with Habs.
Great, you and many other Flyers fans are impressed with Halak now. Maybe at the trade deadline you should have hoped your GM was smart enough to send JVR to Montreal for Halak. Had he done so, you probably would have a cup for the first time since the 70's. Of course, I seem to recall certain Flyers fans stating Halak was only worth a second round pick and nothing of actual value. Now he is suddenly one of the best goalies in the league? Flyers fans with talent assessment skills like that should reconsider trying to comment on player values in trade threads so as to avoid embarrassment, no?

Seriously, Philly fans not named Libertine kept trying to say Halak was not even worth a second at the trade deadline, so of course he is suddenly worth more than the 1st and 3rd we received after the playoffs... I bet you thought Gagne was going to get you a king's ransom in trade, too... Assessing hockey talent is something you and your GM should avoid in the future...

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 03:54 PM
JCameron418

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyG View Post
top 2 in his division
Miller > Price
Rask > Price
Giggy > Price
Elliot < Price

JCameron418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokey101 View Post
Giroux + JVR + ...
JVR+ something else, not too significant.

Giroux for Price would get it done

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCannon18 View Post
Miller > Price
Rask > Price
Giggy > Price
Elliot < Price
Giggy isn't better than Price.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 04:13 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCannon18 View Post
Miller > Price
Rask > Price
Giggy > Price
Elliot < Price
Notice how i said arguably?

Miller
Price/Rask
The rest

and why do you use the division comment to fed off of? Is it because saying he's top 5-7 in the East is true and you couldn't attack that

Old
08-21-2010, 04:24 PM
TheBrokenRib

Price will be fine if he can actually get a group to help out once in a while, usually called defense.

TheBrokenRib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 04:32 PM
Loso

Price is pretty underrated and this is coming from a Leafs fan.

From what I've noticed and this is in a limited sample size so correct me if I'm wrong, apart from Hal Gill and sometimes Gorges, the other defensemen didn't really clear much traffic from in front of the net for him, it seemed like the other teams just could screen him and/or knock the puck in off of rebounds.

He seems a tiny bit shaky but when you've had bad luck in front of you and limited offensive support, combined with playing in a city like Montreal, its a rough thing to put on someone. I can seem him being a stud goalie, but not in the top tier like Miller, Luongo, Kiprusoff.

Loso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 04:38 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Quote:
Notice how i said arguably?

Miller
Price/Rask
The rest

and why do you use the division comment to fed off of? Is it because saying he's top 5-7 in the East is true and you couldn't attack that
Brodeur, Ward, Fleury, Lundqvist, Vokoun...

LOL Habby fan.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 04:45 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenSchenn2 View Post
Brodeur, Ward, Fleury, Lundqvist, Vokoun...

LOL Habby fan.
Hummmmm let's see.

I said in the top 5-7 in the east and if my counting skills are correct you only named 5 goalies... 1 of the goalies there isn't even better than Price and another 1 is on the decline

Old
08-21-2010, 04:52 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Quote:
Hummmmm let's see.

I said in the top 5-7 in the east and if my counting skills are correct you only named 5 goalies... 1 of the goalies there isn't even better than Price and another 1 is on the decline
Top 7? That's not a sample size, that's retarded. Carey Price is top 15 in the east. See what I did there? It's a dumb sample.

1. I believe you're talking about Vokoun who's not better than Price,
You're right, 23-28-11 on a basement team with a .925 save percentage, is not better than Price Compared to Price on a "playoff" team, 13-17-whatever. Vokoun was a monster in the olympics, just look at his stats LOL.

2. Brodeur, decline or not, better than Carey Price. No argument here.

SeenSchenn2 is offline   Reply With Quote