HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville signs '09 third rd pick Taylor Beck

Old
08-25-2010, 09:05 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Nashville signs '09 third rd pick Taylor Beck

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|NSH|home

I guess we're too busy posting in the chit chat thread to post actual, newsworthy material?

Probably my favorite Preds forward prospect at the moment, and might be the scoring power forward we hoped for a round earlier when we drafted Budish.

top scoring RW in the OHL, and fourth overall in points (39g\54a\93p)

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Man, I'm surprised by those numbers, hopefully he turns into a decent NHL player.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 09:34 PM
lightning_legwand*

He is our best canadian forward prospect without a doubt!

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:12 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
My favorite prospect at the moment is Beck's center in Guelph, Michael Latta. Those two were both great picks. I'd venture to say if we look back at the 2009 draft three years from now it could honestly be much more rewarding than the 2003 draft was for us.

Beck has really worked hard to improve his skating and it showed with his development this past year. If he continues on this path, he could turn out to be a better power forward than Budish as BTN mentioned above...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 08:09 AM
predhead1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
My favorite prospect at the moment is Beck's center in Guelph, Michael Latta. Those two were both great picks. I'd venture to say if we look back at the 2009 draft three years from now it could honestly be much more rewarding than the 2003 draft was for us.
That's a pretty high standard - not sure I see that happening, but I hope you're right

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 10:33 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1 View Post
That's a pretty high standard - not sure I see that happening, but I hope you're right
I have to agree with Seth on this one. Pure and simple almost all the picks except for the wild cardish players just blew it up after being drafted.

Ryan Ellis D
Zach Budish W
Charles Olivier-Rousell D
Taylor Beck LW
Mike Latta C
Craig Smith C
Mattias Ekholm D
Nick Oliver C/W
Gabe Bourque W
Cam Reid C

Give it another 4 years. Ekholm, Oliver, and Reid are the wild cards, the rest could be in Nashville/Milwaukee soon.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 02:14 PM
predhead1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I have to agree with Seth on this one. Pure and simple almost all the picks except for the wild cardish players just blew it up after being drafted.

Ryan Ellis D
Zach Budish W
Charles Olivier-Rousell D
Taylor Beck LW
Mike Latta C
Craig Smith C
Mattias Ekholm D
Nick Oliver C/W
Gabe Bourque W
Cam Reid C

Give it another 4 years. Ekholm, Oliver, and Reid are the wild cards, the rest could be in Nashville/Milwaukee soon.
True, but you're comparing it to a draft that gave us two legitimate #1 defensemen in Suter and Weber, plus two other D that could log significant minutes this year in Klein and Sulzer. To top that, we'd need 4-5 players from this round to be NHL pros, at least two of whom would have to be viewed as high-to-elite level players. Again, I'd be thrilled if this class of picks somehow surpasses the production of the '03 class, but I think it's a little early to put much stock in that prediction.

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 02:41 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1 View Post
True, but you're comparing it to a draft that gave us two legitimate #1 defensemen in Suter and Weber, plus two other D that could log significant minutes this year in Klein and Sulzer. To top that, we'd need 4-5 players from this round to be NHL pros, at least two of whom would have to be viewed as high-to-elite level players. Again, I'd be thrilled if this class of picks somehow surpasses the production of the '03 class, but I think it's a little early to put much stock in that prediction.
True, but so far, so good.

Old
08-26-2010, 02:51 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
True, but so far, so good.
I wouldn't say anyone outside of Beck has "blown it up." Bourque had a surprising WJC, but still projects to be a bottom six forward. Ellis and Budish have been slightly disappointing since being drafted. Latta and COR have been about what was advertised. Everyone else...the jury's out, as you say.

I would say that comparing it to a draft where we pulled two franchise defensemen as well as a serviceable number 4 would be a little hasty.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 02:58 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

To me the merit of success is how many of these guys make the NHL. the stat thrown around is 100% of 1st rounders SHOULD make the NHL and 30% of 2nd rounders do. The bell curve for NHLers in the draft is steep.

As for star power, we shall see, Hornqvist kinda blew us all out of the water.

I see at minimum 5 guys who can play in the NHL, most teams would kill for that. As for star power, you can't judge that till they actually get to the AHL/NHL level. Even Shea Weber was a Meh prospect.

Old
08-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

2003 will be the best draft the Predators will likely ever have because they drafted two of the top 10 defenseman in the league. I mean....you just can't beat that. Now, in terms of draft location, success of the overall draft, you may have a point.

I still wonder what might have been if we had gotten Glazachev to come over. He still looks like a legitimate player.....Just one that will never cross the pond. Ah well!

08-28-2010, 09:04 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Capgeek got the financials of Beck's contract. Three years all three years at $690,000.

http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1870