HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nashville signs '09 third rd pick Taylor Beck

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-25-2010, 09:05 PM
  #1
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,148
vCash: 500
Nashville signs '09 third rd pick Taylor Beck

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|NSH|home

I guess we're too busy posting in the chit chat thread to post actual, newsworthy material?

Probably my favorite Preds forward prospect at the moment, and might be the scoring power forward we hoped for a round earlier when we drafted Budish.

top scoring RW in the OHL, and fourth overall in points (39g\54a\93p)

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 09:16 PM
  #2
Soundgarden
Registered User
 
Soundgarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 6,249
vCash: 562
Man, I'm surprised by those numbers, hopefully he turns into a decent NHL player.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 09:34 PM
  #3
lightning_legwand*
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ontario, CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,202
vCash: 500
He is our best canadian forward prospect without a doubt!

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:12 AM
  #4
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
My favorite prospect at the moment is Beck's center in Guelph, Michael Latta. Those two were both great picks. I'd venture to say if we look back at the 2009 draft three years from now it could honestly be much more rewarding than the 2003 draft was for us.

Beck has really worked hard to improve his skating and it showed with his development this past year. If he continues on this path, he could turn out to be a better power forward than Budish as BTN mentioned above...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 08:09 AM
  #5
predhead1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
My favorite prospect at the moment is Beck's center in Guelph, Michael Latta. Those two were both great picks. I'd venture to say if we look back at the 2009 draft three years from now it could honestly be much more rewarding than the 2003 draft was for us.
That's a pretty high standard - not sure I see that happening, but I hope you're right

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 10:33 AM
  #6
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1 View Post
That's a pretty high standard - not sure I see that happening, but I hope you're right
I have to agree with Seth on this one. Pure and simple almost all the picks except for the wild cardish players just blew it up after being drafted.

Ryan Ellis D
Zach Budish W
Charles Olivier-Rousell D
Taylor Beck LW
Mike Latta C
Craig Smith C
Mattias Ekholm D
Nick Oliver C/W
Gabe Bourque W
Cam Reid C

Give it another 4 years. Ekholm, Oliver, and Reid are the wild cards, the rest could be in Nashville/Milwaukee soon.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 02:14 PM
  #7
predhead1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 668
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I have to agree with Seth on this one. Pure and simple almost all the picks except for the wild cardish players just blew it up after being drafted.

Ryan Ellis D
Zach Budish W
Charles Olivier-Rousell D
Taylor Beck LW
Mike Latta C
Craig Smith C
Mattias Ekholm D
Nick Oliver C/W
Gabe Bourque W
Cam Reid C

Give it another 4 years. Ekholm, Oliver, and Reid are the wild cards, the rest could be in Nashville/Milwaukee soon.
True, but you're comparing it to a draft that gave us two legitimate #1 defensemen in Suter and Weber, plus two other D that could log significant minutes this year in Klein and Sulzer. To top that, we'd need 4-5 players from this round to be NHL pros, at least two of whom would have to be viewed as high-to-elite level players. Again, I'd be thrilled if this class of picks somehow surpasses the production of the '03 class, but I think it's a little early to put much stock in that prediction.

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 02:41 PM
  #8
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,993
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1 View Post
True, but you're comparing it to a draft that gave us two legitimate #1 defensemen in Suter and Weber, plus two other D that could log significant minutes this year in Klein and Sulzer. To top that, we'd need 4-5 players from this round to be NHL pros, at least two of whom would have to be viewed as high-to-elite level players. Again, I'd be thrilled if this class of picks somehow surpasses the production of the '03 class, but I think it's a little early to put much stock in that prediction.
True, but so far, so good.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 02:51 PM
  #9
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
True, but so far, so good.
I wouldn't say anyone outside of Beck has "blown it up." Bourque had a surprising WJC, but still projects to be a bottom six forward. Ellis and Budish have been slightly disappointing since being drafted. Latta and COR have been about what was advertised. Everyone else...the jury's out, as you say.

I would say that comparing it to a draft where we pulled two franchise defensemen as well as a serviceable number 4 would be a little hasty.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 02:58 PM
  #10
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,993
vCash: 500
To me the merit of success is how many of these guys make the NHL. the stat thrown around is 100% of 1st rounders SHOULD make the NHL and 30% of 2nd rounders do. The bell curve for NHLers in the draft is steep.

As for star power, we shall see, Hornqvist kinda blew us all out of the water.

I see at minimum 5 guys who can play in the NHL, most teams would kill for that. As for star power, you can't judge that till they actually get to the AHL/NHL level. Even Shea Weber was a Meh prospect.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 04:25 PM
  #11
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Chattanooga TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,514
vCash: 500
2003 will be the best draft the Predators will likely ever have because they drafted two of the top 10 defenseman in the league. I mean....you just can't beat that. Now, in terms of draft location, success of the overall draft, you may have a point.

I still wonder what might have been if we had gotten Glazachev to come over. He still looks like a legitimate player.....Just one that will never cross the pond. Ah well!

__________________
- Enoch -
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2010, 09:04 AM
  #12
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,993
vCash: 500
Capgeek got the financials of Beck's contract. Three years all three years at $690,000.

http://capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1870

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.