HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Nick Bjugstad vs Brock Nelson vs Anders Lee

Old
03-28-2011, 07:01 AM
MN_Gopher

vCash: 500
I never thought Lee was a bad skater. Unorthodox, yes. Still he gets the job done.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 07:24 AM
mm11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
I never thought Lee was a bad skater. Unorthodox, yes. Still he gets the job done.
was Lee not a speed skater at one time in his life? seems like this kid can do anything he tries lol

since your from gopher land can you give us some skinny???

mm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 07:31 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
It probably should be pointed out Lee is 2 years older then the 3 guys and skating is a major issue(despite his great season). From an Islanders fan standpoint, nothing would be sweeter then seeing a Notre Dame vs University of North Dakota final
I think this can no longer be mentioned without also mentioning that Lee put in whatever time was necessary to also be a highly sought out Division 1 NCAA quarterback. As such, it simply must be assumed that much of the time he could have been using for hockey purposes, especially every July-December, was spent on football.

That alone eliminates the age factor with the exception of his mental and physical development. His hockey skills certainly were not enhanced by spending so much time on another sport that actually overlaps with the hockey season.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 08:51 AM
enthropi

His OT goal is quite clever, shows good hockey sense, as turns around away from the Dman to let him think he can skate out the puck and only to take a one-handed stab at it quickly on the reverse catching both the Dman and goalie off-guard. He'll be an NHLer IMO, not sure to what degree, but considering where he was drafted that's already good enough.

enthropi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2011, 08:56 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgolden View Post
24 goals, 7GWG, All Tournament team 4pts this weekend and a team leading +4, and we are still having an issue with Lee's skating. A "Major" one at that! Would you prefer someone who could skate but can't score? Funny stuff. This weekend Notre Dame shuffled the lines and the Lee-Sheahan-Maday had 4 of the teams 6 goals. Lee was on the ice for all 6 ND goals. Despite the skating issues he seems to be finding a way to contribute.
Watching the Notre Dame game highlights it really seems like those guys have found some sweet chemistry. I dont know who Sheahan was playing with most of the year but I feel like if it had been those guys he would have produced much more. 2 big powerforwards that are tough to contain

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 11:36 AM
boredmale

http://www.uscho.com/scoreboard/division-i-men/

Looks like Nelson takes the early lead this season

Nelson 2G, 1A
Bjugstad 2G
Lee 1G

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 12:07 PM
StrongIslanders90

Nelson is going to have a big year...He will play more and have more chances to prove himself......Nelson and Lee took over Isleanders rookie camp this past summer...They were both unreal....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:29 PM
msv957

The real important question is who will be the better NHL player.

I think it will be Bjugstad by a far margin.

Lee and Nelson may not even make the NHL.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 03:57 PM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
The real important question is who will be the better NHL player.

I think it will be Bjugstad by a far margin.

Lee and Nelson may not even make the NHL.
At this point I would be very shocked if neither of those two at least make an appearance in the NHL. I expect both to be solid 2nd or 3rd line players for a long time.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-08-2011, 04:27 PM
dutsk

The early lead is based on playing Sacred Heart. Too Small sample size. Bjugstad is the better prospect, although he wasnt perfect last nite he had a incredible goal. Rushed in the zone and on the backhand went top glove side, Before being dragged down. Granted we played Sacred heart, granted the roster has alot of Mr.Hockey finalist freshmen. Almost as if its a MSHSL all tournament team roster. So why would we need to pass??
Bjugstad has the potential to be far and away the best prospect. Nelson is Second and Lee is close behind. When you look at their respective HS careers remembers Anders was on a stacked EDINA club where Bjugstad did it all by himself for BLAINE. Brock was also on a perenial powerhouse from WARROAD.

dutsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 11:41 AM
boredmale

Looks like this season the ranking did a complete flip flop from last season's rankings

Nelson had the most impressive season(42 games 28 goals, 19a, 47p), with Bjugstad a close second(40 games 25G, 17A, 42p) and Lee finishes last(40 games 17g, 17a, 34p)

I believe Nelson was a second team All Star(although Bjugstad I believe made the finals)

Old
04-14-2012, 11:45 AM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

A little upset about Lee's stats. Hopefully his decision to go back to college next year works out for him.

With Nelson going pro already, I would be shocked if he's not in the Isles top 9 within a couple years.

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 01:19 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Nelson is going to have a big year...He will play more and have more chances to prove himself......Nelson and Lee took over Isleanders rookie camp this past summer...They were both unreal....
Good call dude on Nelson having a big year....

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 03:18 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesRock4 View Post
A little upset about Lee's stats. Hopefully his decision to go back to college next year works out for him.

With Nelson going pro already, I would be shocked if he's not in the Isles top 9 within a couple years.
The entire Notre Dame team had disappointing stats. They completely **** the bed at the end of the season. Offensive prospects would be smart to get out of that system they play there when they can, especially a guy like Lee who is fairly old for a college prospect.

I'm kinda surprised hes staying at Notre Dame, he must want to go UFA at the end of next season and not sign with the islanders

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 04:00 PM
seafoam

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
The entire Notre Dame team had disappointing stats. They completely **** the bed at the end of the season. Offensive prospects would be smart to get out of that system they play there when they can, especially a guy like Lee who is fairly old for a college prospect.

I'm kinda surprised hes staying at Notre Dame, he must want to go UFA at the end of next season and not sign with the islanders
I'll be pissed if he does not sign with the Isles.

seafoam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2012, 04:09 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
I'll be pissed if he does not sign with the Isles.
I wonder if the Islanders(and other teams) will try close that loophole in the next CBA

Old
04-14-2012, 05:50 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Good call dude on Nelson having a big year....
You just gave yourself props..

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 07:54 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Wonder what happened to the Golden Domer? Pretty quiet this go around once Nelson and Bjugstad closed the age (and developmental) gap compared to where Lee was at in his "freshman" year. Huh.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:01 AM
malPHONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
Wonder what happened to the Golden Domer? Pretty quiet this go around once Nelson and Bjugstad closed the age (and developmental) gap compared to where Lee was at in his "freshman" year. Huh.
Props for sticking to your opinion despite hostile fans.

malPHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:08 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by malPHONEY View Post
Props for sticking to your opinion despite hostile fans.
Truth be told, it was the easier side to take and the discussion most certainly isn't over as none of them have played a NHL game to this point.

this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 09:42 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I don't see him as a very good NHL prospect despite his early success at Notre Dame. i see him as a Matt Gilroy of forwards. He will be serviceable but nothing special

Kvashinator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2012, 02:00 PM
puckMAN

Here's a question,how dose Grant Besse rate with these 3?Seems like he is projected to go in the 7th round,he should be a little higher then that no?I think he's at least close to on par with Kyle Rau who went in the 3rd round last year.Dose it have to do with the fact he's going back to HS next year?

Side note question who if anyone was the last Minnesota HS player to play there senior season all ready drafted by an NHL club?In recent years guys like Aaron Ness and Ben Marshall could have but they both graduated a year early and skipped there senior seasons and jumped to the WCHA and USHL.

puckMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Ovechkid08

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckMAN View Post
Here's a question,how dose Grant Besse rate with these 3?Seems like he is projected to go in the 7th round,he should be a little higher then that no?I think he's at least close to on par with Kyle Rau who went in the 3rd round last year.Dose it have to do with the fact he's going back to HS next year?

Side note question who if anyone was the last Minnesota HS player to play there senior season all ready drafted by an NHL club?In recent years guys like Aaron Ness and Ben Marshall could have but they both graduated a year early and skipped there senior seasons and jumped to the WCHA and USHL.
Besse is my sleeper of this draft, kid has some very elite skills, better shot than Rau but not as physical plus he has some size on Rau. Speedy winger with an NHL shot already in his junior year. His high school team is actually a very good place to develop, one of the top teams and they have an actual class every day just for hockey players to workout and practice during the school year. I haven't heard if he's coming back for sure yet but it certainly wouldn't be the worst thing for his development to be on the state winning team and build some muscle while he finishes his school.

I am guessing he will go around the 3rd round but a lot of teams would be foolish to have him fall any farther, definitely think the talent is there, but HF boards does very little high school related scouting.

Ovechkid08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 04:50 PM
puckMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovechkid08 View Post
Besse is my sleeper of this draft, kid has some very elite skills, better shot than Rau but not as physical plus he has some size on Rau. Speedy winger with an NHL shot already in his junior year. His high school team is actually a very good place to develop, one of the top teams and they have an actual class every day just for hockey players to workout and practice during the school year. I haven't heard if he's coming back for sure yet but it certainly wouldn't be the worst thing for his development to be on the state winning team and build some muscle while he finishes his school.

I am guessing he will go around the 3rd round but a lot of teams would be foolish to have him fall any farther, definitely think the talent is there, but HF boards does very little high school related scouting.
He is,He announced it last week.I would love to see the Wild take the kid in round 3 or 4,I was at all 3 of BSM's state tourney games and he was hands down the best player on the ice in all 3 games IMO and the show he put on in the championship was the most electrifying sporting performance I have ever seen in person.

puckMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 07:02 PM
Ovechkid08

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckMAN View Post
He is,He announced it last week.I would love to see the Wild take the kid in round 3 or 4,I was at all 3 of BSM's state tourney games and he was hands down the best player on the ice in all 3 games IMO and the show he put on in the championship was the most electrifying sporting performance I have ever seen in person.
I was there too, flew in from CA to catch that game and boy was I glad I got to see it. It was even more amazing for me as revenge for Lee's OT goal back in 08 that kept BSM out of the championship game. At the high school level, Besse seems far beyond Lee, can't say with the other two, but I personally am not that high on Bjugstad.

Ovechkid08 is offline   Reply With Quote