HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Series isn't over yet guys, hang in there

Old
05-23-2012, 09:53 PM
lundy

vCash: 500
Optimism.

A demoralizing loss to be sure. But so many positives from that game. They honestly played their best game of the series, and maybe their best game of the playoffs (after the went down 3-0). Carry that play into Game 6 and they can win. This is a resilient and hard working team, can't count them out. They did it against Ottawa, they can do it again.

LET'S GO.

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewYorkRangers89*

Series isn't over yet guys, hang in there

I know i'll probably get a few negative replies in this thread but i don't care. This was one of the best games we've played in this entire playoffs, i say that because we battled back and tied the game 3-3 and we actually seen flashes of life from the Rangers, we could have scored 4-5 goals tonight easy IMO. This series will be incredibly hard to win but i STILL think we have the heart to do it and i'm not giving up, i won't give up until we get eliminated whether it's game 6 or 7. This team has showed they can battle and come back whether it's down 2-0 or 3-0, even if we lose those games, we still came back and have a chance at winning. Down 3-2 in the series going to Jersey, now we need to play no matter what, no more bull or excuses, it's time to go all out and just seriously injure yourself if it means scoring a goal, this is the playoffs and i think we are far from done. Our best hockey still needs to be played, all we need to do is do what we did in the 2nd period for all 3 periods and we will win, simple as that. That's how we won all season. Whose still in this? LGR!!!!

NewYorkRangers89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Disregard mess, I'm making an Ih8theislanders guarantee. We're winning Game 6.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:54 PM
lundy

"We'll win tonight." - John Mitchell

lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:54 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers89 View Post
I know i'll probably get a few negative replies in this thread but i don't care. This was one of the best games we've played in this entire playoffs, i say that because we battled back and tied the game 3-3 and we actually seen flashes of life from the Rangers, we could have scored 4-5 goals tonight easy IMO. This series will be incredibly hard to win but i STILL think we have the heart to do it and i'm not giving up, i won't give up until we get eliminated whether it's game 6 or 7. This team has showed they can battle and come back whether it's down 2-0 or 3-0, even if we lose those games, we still came back and have a chance at winning. Down 3-2 in the series going to Jersey, now we need to play no matter what, no more bull or excuses, it's time to go all out and just seriously injure yourself if it means scoring a goal, this is the playoffs and i think we are far from done. Our best hockey still needs to be played, all we need to do is do what we did in the 2nd period for all 3 periods and we will win, simple as that. That's how we won all season. Whose still in this? LGR!!!!
Nobody here to read this. There all on the ledge....... again.

Wish more Rangers fans were like this guy.

Stanley Foobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:56 PM
HockeyStickHomicide
Registered Abuser

Im gonna need to sleep this one off. But tomorrow morning, Ill be ready to go.
This board needs a more positive attitude.

Everyone get sleep, regroup. Starting tomorrow we will the Rangers on to win game 6.
As fans, this is we do. We BLEED BLUE.

LETS GO RANGERS.

HockeyStickHomicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:57 PM
tlallstar6

tlallstar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Riverdale

Quote:
I think you are, Imo, missing the glaring issue with this game and a continuing trend with this team. THey show heart, drive and effort, so long as they are behind. They drove and drove and with some miracles tied it at 3. . . . . . Then gave up. When the game is tied everyone plays safe and nothing is generated. This is the biggest issue with this game that IS a legitimate concern going into game 6 and 7.

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:58 PM
30theking

I still believe that this team has something special about them. They've been able to fight through adversity all year long. I still believe in them.

30theking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Lets Go! Ala Messier Game 6!

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

I'm about to jump off the bridge.

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:00 PM
M Gaz
Old time hockey

That's what makes it so dejecting. We played absolutely great after the timeout but still lose. It's been a while since I've been this bummed over a loss.

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlallstar6 View Post
Oh I didn't realize the Knicks played the Pacers in '94

But in all seriousness the only similarity between now and '94 is that we are down 3-2 against the Devils. Different players, coaches, styles of play, etc. And from what I've seen this team is good with their backs against the wall. In fact they may be better with their backs against the wall in elimination games than when they are attempting to take a 2-0 or 3-1 series lead. So for that reason I am optimistic.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewYorkRangers89*

I hope it stays up top because i just can't give up on this team, i love this team and if we go down, it will be in a game 7 fighting our ***** off till the last millisecond, and even then we can score and win in OT. If anything the pressure is on the Devils next game because if they don't knock us out in Jersey it's coming right back to MSG. Even if we do go down in game 6, i'm freaking proud of this team, who the hell expected them to get this far? Who expected them to get the 1st seed? Even if this year isn't a stanley cup year, they are showing us that they are building to stick around and not be a good team for one year then die down for the next decade, were here to stay and shame on anyone who counted us out in the 1st period being down 3-0, i was reading the boards and i was amazed at people who were talking about October. LGR!!!!! BRING IT HOME!!!!

Old
05-23-2012, 10:01 PM
Giacomin

I expect Henrik to play his best Hockey of the year and the Rangers will win a nail biter on Sunday.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:01 PM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
I'm about to jump off the bridge.
Verrazano? i'll meet you there

no, but i also feel like this team won't go down without a fight. they have no reason not to.

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:02 PM
Giacomin

Rangers in 7!

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:02 PM
NewYorkRangers89*

BUT one thing i admit, i feel very sorry for the guy who shaved his head lmao that's gotta suck, if your reading this you have my respect for sacrificing your hair dude.

Old
05-23-2012, 10:03 PM
OverTheCap

Haven't given up hope yet. They did it in Round 1. My only concern is that the fatigue and mental exhaustion will finally get to them. If they pull this off, that says a lot about the character and determination of this team.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

I will say this ... the Rangers have an absolute amazing opportunity right in front of them. Let's see what this team is made of ... WIN or GO HOME.

Old
NewYorkRangers89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgaz728 View Post
That's what makes it so dejecting. We played absolutely great after the timeout but still lose. It's been a while since I've been this bummed over a loss.
I think we gave up the 3rd goal after the timeout, i might be wrong but i don't think the timeout had anything to do with it since Jersey scored after it.

Old
05-23-2012, 10:04 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
Haven't given up hope yet. They did it in Round 1. My only concern is that the fatigue and mental exhaustion will finally get to them. If they pull this off, that says a lot about the character and determination of this team.
Exactly what I am thinking.

Old
05-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Dantes19

The Devils aren't the Senators. Looking at the situation realistically, there's very little reason to think the Rangers will win the next 2.

Have to accept the fact that the series is most probably over.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 10:06 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
BUT one thing i admit, i feel very sorry for the guy who shaved his head lmao that's gotta suck, if your reading this you have my respect for sacrificing your hair dude.
That was me

Old
05-23-2012, 10:07 PM
HockeyStickHomicide
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantes19 View Post
The Devils aren't the Senators. Looking at the situation realistically, there's very little reason to think the Rangers will win the next 2.

Have to accept the fact that the series is most probably over.
Find another forum please.

HockeyStickHomicide is offline   Reply With Quote