HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kulemin + Gunnarsson Package

Old
08-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Schennanigans

vCash: 500
I really like Both Kuli and Gunner and wouldn't trade either. If were looking at some players to trade I would look at Grabovski and Beuch before anyone else. I understand both are less desirable but that is all I would give up on this team.

Schennanigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripe4theSnipe View Post
Seriously, I don't understand what's wrong with some of my fellow Leaf fans.

We complain about having too much money committed to the D: Yes let's trade our cheapest and most cost-effective D-Man who still has good upside,

We complain about being filled with small one-dimensional forwards, especially in the top six: Yes let's trade our only large forward who also played in the top-six last year, had chemistry with Kessel and Bozak, played effective defensively at even-strength and on the PK, was a strong presence on the forecheck, and has the upside to be a pretty good power forward.

We complain about never keeping our young players: Yes let's trade the two who've shown flashes of greatness but haven't proved themselves yet, and thus don't have much trade value.

And yes, we complain year after year about filling our roster with overpaid, mediocre, aged, non-impact players: So yes, let's trade our most physical forward, and poised defensman who is the heir apparent on the Powerplay, for one of those same mediocre vets.

Seriously, I wonder if some of you think before you post.
agreed on accounts.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 05:59 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schennanigans View Post
I really like Both Kuli and Gunner and wouldn't trade either. If were looking at some players to trade I would look at Grabovski and Beuch before anyone else. I understand both are less desirable but that is all I would give up on this team.
So if a good trade presented itself all you'd be willing to part with is Grabovski and Beuch? Or you just don't figure you'd get the returns on the rest of the team that would make you want to give them up?

One is fine, the other is absolutely insane.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripe4theSnipe View Post
Seriously, I don't understand what's wrong with some of my fellow Leaf fans.
The ones in question are 14 year old boys who think they know more about hockey than GM's. It doesn't surprise me that the biggest fanbase has the largest number of pre-pubescent followers.

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

I like them both and would prefer to keep them, but I know who butters my bread; the Leafs finished 29th and will likely finish bottom ten again this year. Only Phaneuf, Kessel and Gustavsson are untouchable (and even then, for the right piece...DL goes ******* and offers Doughty for Kessel I do it instantly).

For this package I'd like a good young winger and a good defensive prospect coming back, along the lines of Benn/Neal + Larsen, though Dallas likely doesn't do that.

Voodoo Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 06:20 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordstanleychaser View Post
The ones in question are 14 year old boys who think they know more about hockey than GM's. It doesn't surprise me that the biggest fanbase has the largest number of pre-pubescent followers.
Correct. When a GM is chosen for a team, the fan base must support every move made by said GM. Any moves they make will improve the team even if its not apparent the next year, or even in the next 10 years. And any real fan will support a GM 100% with every decision.
Anyone questioning the GM is obviously a fairweather fan and not a true 100% hardcore fan.

Old
08-21-2010, 06:40 PM
nitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever View Post
Honestly, Kulemin is A LOT better than Pouliot or Kostitsyn for your top 6.
will you just shut up already? you're making us all look bad

this coming from a leafs fan

nitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 06:41 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Clowe

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitz View Post
will you just shut up already? you're making us all look bad

this coming from a leafs fan
i never seen you post in leafs boards.

but point being i think he is meaning all round wise yea, pouliot still hasn't shown what he can do although it seems like he is a very promising player, i honestly dont know what to say about kostitsyn.

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
Correct. When a GM is chosen for a team, the fan base must support every move made by said GM. Any moves they make will improve the team even if its not apparent the next year, or even in the next 10 years. And any real fan will support a GM 100% with every decision.
Anyone questioning the GM is obviously a fairweather fan and not a true 100% hardcore fan.
What is the point of having a brain, if you aren't going to use it for thinking?

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 06:51 PM
nitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
i never seen you post in leafs boards.

but point being i think he is meaning all round wise yea, pouliot still hasn't shown what he can do although it seems like he is a very promising player, i honestly dont know what to say about kostitsyn.
i can promise you that i'm a leafs fan. I dont think that anyone would fake being one just so that they could chastize that other guy.

Old
08-21-2010, 06:53 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
What is the point of having a brain, if you aren't going to use it for thinking?
Brains are for GM's. Brian Burke is an amazing GM. Sutter is an amazing GM. Kevin Lowe was an amazing GM. No mistakes. 100% support!

Old
08-21-2010, 06:54 PM
Man Hole Inspector*

Quote:
i can promise you that i'm a leafs fan. I dont think that anyone would fake being one just so that they could chastize that other guy.
Did you seriously just use the word chastize?

Man Hole Inspector* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 06:59 PM
nitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Hole Inspector View Post
Did you seriously just use the word chastize?
u mad, bro?

Old
08-21-2010, 07:02 PM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

they both have no real value until after this season when we can see where they are really at. Kulemin has 50+ points potential and great defensive play oozing out of him but if he cant improve and Wilson uses him wrong then he wont be worth jack if he doesnt improve on his points totals.

I have to say though Kulemin is one of those guys you just "know" will improve next year if you watch all the leafs games to realize how misused he was half of the season.

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Janks
Pope Janks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RStar View Post
That wasn't my point at all. If you can read into my post, I am implying that a GM knows about a players value to other teams better than the average 14 year old. I had no implications on fans that are semi-level headed, but when a proposal such as:

Bobby Ryan for (insert your teams crap)

You can tell it was made with someone with an underdeveloped brain. An average pre-pubescent child doesn't have the mental capacity a fully mature adult does. I don't know how you got your post from mine... Whoosh?

Janks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 07:28 PM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Ummm the Leafs played the Bruins plenty last season & I rarely noticed him on the ice.
Really? You didn't notice are best plus minus player?

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Finnish your Czech
leafs are in the pla

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordstanleychaser View Post
and the biggest fanbase has the largest amount of post-pubescent followers... I don't see where you're headed with this

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 09:47 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
Really? You didn't notice are best plus minus player?
When your team is 29th in the league a plus/minus leader isn't very noticeable.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 09:47 PM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Oh it's happened plenty of times on this board.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 09:50 PM
denkiteki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLeafs4ever View Post
No thanks. Kulemin is untouchable. Next year he will be a 50 points guy. Gunnarsson is untouchable, unless the return is a very good forward. But no way we trade two young player that have a very very bright future.
At this rate, every Leaf player will be untouchable. I can see both requiring an over payment (since they are likely to get better and the Leafs aren't likely to be looking at moving them) to get but untouchable? Do the Leafs have 10-20 players that are completely untouchable? Or even more?

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 09:54 PM
Finnish your Czech
leafs are in the pla

Kulemin is untouchable because he just signed a contract. It would be against Burke (as a "player's gm") to trade him for AT LEAST another year. Therefore, making him untouchable. Also, he is the perfect player for our first line and compliments Kessel's overall weakness and defensive flaws perfectly.

Gunnarsson is almost as untouchable because he is OUR ONLY CHEAP OPTION on defence. It would be crazy to trade Gunnarsson, when he is our 2nd best PMD, and would be replaced by the 3.5 million dollar man Jeff Finger, which ****s up our cap, and he should be put in the minors.

tl;dr: they are ALMOST untouchable because they almost perfectly FIT OUR TEAM NEEDS.

Finnish your Czech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Wolverine666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I havent watched much of either of them but Leafs prob better off keeping them as they wouldnt get much in return for them. I'd give Sturm & McQuaid for Kulemin & Gunnarson. Even that seems like overpayment as Sturm is superior to Kulemin.
what are you smoking?! Sturm is not better than Kulemin at this point. He may put up a few more points depending on ice time but deff not a better all round player. Gunnarson >>> McQuaid. Seeing as you said you havent seen much of either player i can see why you would say this. But Toronto would get fleeced if that deal ever happened.

Wolverine666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 10:32 PM
FightinSioux

Langkow + Moss + 2nd

FightinSioux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2010, 10:48 PM
shogunTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
When your team is 29th in the league a plus/minus leader isn't very noticeable.
Wow buddy you have to be one of the biggest trolls I have ever seen on HF and that sir is a huge accomplishment. Bravo on having no life. Why don't you just stick to the Habs board since YOU NEVER have anything to say that has any substance or isn't totally negative.

This goes for all the other HF trolls too, If you hate Leafs threads so much stop reading and posting in them so damn much.

shogunTO is offline   Reply With Quote