HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Why Didn't Burke Take It and Run?

Old
08-22-2010, 11:17 PM
EternallyLeafs
doris

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
It's quite ironic to see Leaf fans living vicariously through other teams' cup wins by posting pictures of Burke holding the cup as if it was their own team. I've got a great rebuttal for that: Mike Keenan.

What else can we do? We haven't won since '67 and it doesn't look like we will be contending anytime soon.

Anyways, grabo was not "living vicariously" though Anaheim's cup win, he was just showing that Burke has won it all and is not stupid like others think.

EternallyLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2010, 11:20 PM
grabo84

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
It's quite ironic to see Leaf fans living vicariously through other teams' cup wins by posting pictures of Burke holding the cup as if it was their own team. I've got a great rebuttal for that: Mike Keenan.

Since it was me, I guess I should respond. Like I said in the post, it has nothing to do with the Leafs. This is about Burke, not about what I think of his trades in Toronto.

The poster I was responding to thinks that Burke isn't smart. With his track record, that's a ridiculous thing to say, and I thought a picture might get that point across quickly. I've heard that works with some people.

Seriously though, what's the point of rebutting my point with Iron Mike? He's a coach with as impressive a track record as you'll find in the NHL, albeit one who tends to succeed in specific situations (veteran teams, certain players, etc.). You don't think he's a good coach? More importantly, Keenan has forgotten more about hockey than we know. I suspect the same could be said for Burke, or any other comparable NHL GM or coach.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote