HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs/Wheeling Nailers 2010-2011

Closed Thread

Old
09-24-2010, 05:52 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
I disagree for 2 reasons

1.Habs have always given an advantage to players they got from via trades for some reason, Pouliot last season and Eller this season are good examplesé

2. Looking at Schultz overall potential which a lot more then Wyman and Bishop put together, they can't send a potential future NHL player to the ECHL for 2 career AHLers, it would be bad management imo.
1. Well see but you can't really compare as BP and Eller (who hasn't been given anything yet) they are skilled players. Neither just turned pro either at the time they were acquired.

2. I agree that Schultz upside is higher then Bishops and likely Wyman's too but I completely disagree that you can't send someone with higher potential to the ECHL over 2 career AHLers (although I'm not going to call either Wyman or Bishop career AHLers, not saying they aren't but I can't say for sure I know what their futures are as Bishop just turned pro and Wyman was a favorite of Guy Boucher's this past year and I tend to think he knows a thing or two about hockey players)

I think it's smart to send a guy to the ECHL, if he's just turned pro as you go from limited ice time on the 4th line in the AHL to getting a large amount of ice time in a key role in the ECHL. It shouldn't matter who gets sent down over who else, it should be about what the organization feels is best for each individual prospect.

That's not to say that I think the Habs should do this, I haven't followed Schultz since his draft year and while I wanted us to pick him, I don't claim to know what's best for his development at this point. If the Habs send him to the ECHL, I think it's good for him, if he makes it as a regular in Hamilton, good for him. I'd be surprised if he could beat out Wyman for a regular spot, unless the new coaching staff really favors physical play over speed/smarts/defensive zone play cause Wyman is really solid in his own end and very quick. If the Dogs are going to mirrior the Habs, then I would think Wyman should be a regular in the top 9 as coaches always speak highly of him from his HS coach, his coach at Dartmouth and now Boucher.

Bishop also has the speed and solid two way play that the Habs like. Will be interesting to see how the coaching staff handles the forwards, but we'll have to first see how it all shakes out, who's sent down and who's not.

Old
09-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
1. Well see but you can't really compare as BP and Eller (who hasn't been given anything yet) they are skilled players. Neither just turned pro either at the time they were acquired.

2. I agree that Schultz upside is higher then Bishops and likely Wyman's too but I completely disagree that you can't send someone with higher potential to the ECHL over 2 career AHLers (although I'm not going to call either Wyman or Bishop career AHLers, not saying they aren't but I can't say for sure I know what their futures are as Bishop just turned pro and Wyman was a favorite of Guy Boucher's this past year and I tend to think he knows a thing or two about hockey players)

I think it's smart to send a guy to the ECHL, if he's just turned pro as you go from limited ice time on the 4th line in the AHL to getting a large amount of ice time in a key role in the ECHL. It shouldn't matter who gets sent down over who else, it should be about what the organization feels is best for each individual prospect.

That's not to say that I think the Habs should do this, I haven't followed Schultz since his draft year and while I wanted us to pick him, I don't claim to know what's best for his development at this point. If the Habs send him to the ECHL, I think it's good for him, if he makes it as a regular in Hamilton, good for him. I'd be surprised if he could beat out Wyman for a regular spot, unless the new coaching staff really favors physical play over speed/smarts/defensive zone play cause Wyman is really solid in his own end and very quick. If the Dogs are going to mirrior the Habs, then I would think Wyman should be a regular in the top 9 as coaches always speak highly of him from his HS coach, his coach at Dartmouth and now Boucher.

Bishop also has the speed and solid two way play that the Habs like. Will be interesting to see how the coaching staff handles the forwards, but we'll have to first see how it all shakes out, who's sent down and who's not.
Maybe it is just a personal point of view, but i like my AHL team to be filled with young players who can and will join the NHL after a certain number of years. Not that i'm against having veterans in the line-up, just not at the expense of a promising prospect like Ian Schultz could very well turn in a 2nd line powerfoward, a Milan Lucic clone or a very good 4th line player.

Old
09-24-2010, 06:08 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Maybe it is just a personal point of view, but i like my AHL team to be filled with young players who can and will join the NHL after a certain number of years. Not that i'm against having veterans in the line-up, just not at the expense of a promising prospect like Ian Schultz could very well turn in a 2nd line powerfoward, a Milan Lucic clone or a very good 4th line player.
Going to the ECHL doesn't hurt players with potential. Halak, Ryder, Beauchemin and lots others did it. That's not to say he will be in the ECHL, but it shouldn't be about their upside, you want to put the prospect in the place that best fits his developmental curve. At the same time the coaches in Hamilton are also working for their future jobs, so they are going to do everything they can to win.

Hamilton is likely going to be very good this year, so they need to do what they need to, to make sure they bring home a championship. It's up to management to chose the best route for each prospect, but I think everyone should keep in mind that this team has the chance to go all the way again, as they stand to be one of the best teams in the AHL for a 3rd season in a row.

Old
09-24-2010, 06:15 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Going to the ECHL doesn't hurt players with potential. Halak, Ryder, Beauchemin and lots others did it. That's not to say he will be in the ECHL, but it shouldn't be about their upside, you want to put the prospect in the place that best fits his developmental curve. At the same time the coaches in Hamilton are also working for their future jobs, so they are going to do everything they can to win.

Hamilton is likely going to be very good this year, so they need to do what they need to, to make sure they bring home a championship. It's up to management to chose the best route for each prospect, but I think everyone should keep in mind that this team has the chance to go all the way again, as they stand to be one of the best teams in the AHL for a 3rd season in a row.
Agree 100%, Maxpac-Desharnais-Palushaj should be THE line in the AHL this year, Desharnais should should be good for a 100+ point season and possibly a scoring championship. Can't wait to see what Avstyn and Engqsvist will look like this year, 2 of my favs.

Old
09-26-2010, 12:08 AM
JeromeHP
HFBoards Sponsor

we should expect to see Delmas to sign a deal with the habs or an ahl deal shortly

per John Moore (halifax mooseheads play by play) twitter http://twitter.com/rinkrant

Quote:
Don't expect Peter Delmas back with the Moose. Habs haven't signed him yet but GM Gauthier says they will find a spot in AHL or Coast

Old
09-27-2010, 08:42 AM
ScopeHockey

Quote:
Agree 100%, Maxpac-Desharnais-Palushaj should be THE line in the AHL this year, Desharnais should should be good for a 100+ point season and possibly a scoring championship. Can't wait to see what Avstyn and Engqsvist will look like this year, 2 of my favs.
Given the Palushaj and Pacioretty don't even have 20 goals COMBINED in their AHL careers, that statement is a little premature IMO.

Old
09-30-2010, 01:31 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Tonights preseason opener, the time was changed to 6:30 pm est.

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/arti...re-season-game

Old
09-30-2010, 02:03 PM
katatoniak

Quote:
Tonights preseason opener, the time was changed to 6:30 pm est.

http://www.hamiltonbulldogs.com/arti...re-season-game
Anybody going ?

Old
09-30-2010, 05:07 PM
GaineysRightHandMan

I'm here
I'll upload pic of lineup after game
Corner brook, nl

Old
09-30-2010, 05:34 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Mayer in net, Avtsin playing with Desharnais I believe.

Old
09-30-2010, 06:22 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Dogs are up 2-0 on 2 J.T. Wyman goals. 2nd one was a deflection of a Brendon Nash point shot.

Avtsin described as really fun to watch, had a good chance on the PP, playing on a unit with Engqvist ("first" unit was Wyman - Desharnais - Palushaj).

Old
09-30-2010, 06:26 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1907
Is Mayer the starter, how long is Sanford out for?

I hope so, Mayer deserves at least a good look before he gets too old. My friend said he looked dirty when he played his game with the habs

Old
09-30-2010, 06:27 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Another pp for the dogs.

Avitsin sounds dangerous, or this commentator has a hard-on for him.

PP cancelled out.

Old
09-30-2010, 06:29 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Really loving what I'm hearing from Avtsin, the commentator really seems to like Avtsin, he had the same kind of love for Palushaj when we first got him. And for Subban.

Old
09-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Any chance there's a scoreboard about the game? Doesn't seem to be carried through the AHL site...how about Pointstreak? Anywhere else?

Old
09-30-2010, 06:34 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Any chance there's a scoreboard about the game? Doesn't seem to be carried through the AHL site...how about Pointstreak? Anywhere else?
I'm looking for this too.

I would also like to see a list of the players who are attending Hamilton's camp.

Old
09-30-2010, 06:36 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booba View Post
I would also like to see a list of the players who are attending Hamilton's camp.
http://habsprospects.hockeyhq.net/hamilton.html

Old
09-30-2010, 06:54 PM
MatthewT

2-0 hamilton after 2 if anyone is wondering

Old
09-30-2010, 07:01 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
2-0 hamilton after 2 if anyone is wondering
Thanks. Know who scored?

Old
09-30-2010, 07:06 PM
STARMAXX
Shi Shi Shawww

I'm going to the game on Sunday. Can someone give me an idea of the camp roster and who I might see?

Old
09-30-2010, 07:10 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Thanks. Know who scored?
Wyman scored both I believe.

Old
09-30-2010, 07:11 PM
GaineysRightHandMan

Desharnais
MIA 3rd period

Old
09-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Is Schultz playing?

Old
09-30-2010, 07:23 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Avtsyn's sounding real good out there. Acsually Mayer's sounding strong too..

Old
09-30-2010, 07:24 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Is Schultz playing?
He was interviewed, but I'm not sure if he's playing.

Closed Thread