HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bottom 6-3rd line right wing

View Poll Results: 3rd line right winger?
Jannik Hansen 39 81.25%
Sergei Shirokov 3 6.25%
Victor Oreskovich 4 8.33%
Tanner Glass 2 4.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-25-2010, 12:34 AM
alternate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Foot View Post
As long as we dump Bieksa we have tons of flexibility with the cap to sign Torres, Mitchell and a valid fourth line center like Begin.
not really. With a 23 man roster including 8 dmen (including Salo) and 13 forwards, including Torres and Oreskovich, but no Hodgson or Hordichuck, we have $291k left over.

you can ditch SOB and put his $1.6m towards Mitchell OR a fourth line centre OR Hodgson but that's it. you can bring Mitchell in and deal with the cap when Salo comes off LTIR, but it's still going to cost you players down the road (unless someone else ends up on LTIR, or Salo doesn't come back).

bottom line, moving Bieksa gets us to the cap, it doesn't give us extra dough to blow. from here on out, basically any additions will require moving cap space to accommodate. and that includes Mitchell and Hodgson (other than LTIR). no chance we can add both AND another centre.

right now, I like Torres-Malhotra-Hansen as our third line, with Hodgson/Schroeder fighting it out to fill LTIR space out of camp and playing in the top 6 (if Burrows is out, but I haven't seen anything official to suggest he will be).

alternate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 12:43 AM
B-rock

I'd take B-Mo for under 1Mil, as the 4th line centre. I was dead set against bringing him in here, as I really think he's done. But as a 4th line centre making minimum NHL dollars, I'd bring him back for the BC factor, and because he always seemed to be able to score some clutch goals.

At no point should he see time away from the 4th line though, unless there are some injuries.

B-rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 12:47 AM
Agent007

I had a feeling DinoD would be right and I was the first to believe him

Solid signing and it pretty much sets up our top 10 nicely up front:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Samuelsson
Torres-Hodgson-Malhotra
LW4-C4-Hansen

Agent007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 12:47 AM
denkiteki

This poll really should now be updated since Torres has been added to the mix.

denkiteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 08:31 PM
King of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Anarchy View Post
It won’t end up being Hansen on that line. I’m confident that Mike Gillis will get something done soon for that spot.
*pats self on back*

King of Anarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Catamarca Livin

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Anarchy View Post
*pats self on back*
I still think Hansen may start the year on the third line Torres Malhortra Hansen seems like a likely line to me. Would people rather see Hodgson in Manitoba then the forth line with some second powerplay time? I would probably prefer he go to Manitoba then receive the forth line role, or be given the third line centre role. Is Hodgson a better centre than Malhortra or a better winger than Hansen if not he should be in Manitoba. No rookie player deserves anything given to them. This is not like 3 years ago when Mason Raymond was given a top line position with the Sedins out of camp. Eventhough he did not produce in limited time in Manitoba. If Hodgson is a winger do people honestly expect him to be a better winger than Tambellini. Richards scored well in the AHL then still struggled for a couple years in the NHL. Unless he shows very well in the preseason he should go to Manitoba.

Last edited by Catamarca Livin: 08-25-2010 at 10:09 PM. Reason: grammar
Catamarca Livin is offline   Reply With Quote