HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

**Official** Xbox 360 and PS3 NHL 11 EASHL teams

Closed Thread

Old
08-25-2010, 02:15 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I have a 360, I don't really play it that often besides the sports games. You can find a XBOX arcade out there somewhere on clerance and get a hard drive for cheap (20gb is fine)

Common doooooooooooooooooo it...
lol, sorry, I only play NHL(seriously, only NHL) and not worth for me to buy a new console and new game and pay online just for kicks. I'll stick to PS3, thanks for the offer...doubt i have much time this coming semester.

Old
08-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Gary320

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
lol, sorry, I only play NHL(seriously, only NHL) and not worth for me to buy a new console and new game and pay online just for kicks. I'll stick to PS3, thanks for the offer...doubt i have much time this coming semester.
Well yeah, if you already have the PS3 there is no point to get a 360.. unless like we discussed before, all your friends have one.

Speaking of Live, I have to get a new membership, mines finishs Sep 7. Probably get a 3 month membership and then see how often I used it after those 3 months are over..

Old
08-25-2010, 02:58 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Well yeah, if you already have the PS3 there is no point to get a 360.. unless like we discussed before, all your friends have one.

Speaking of Live, I have to get a new membership, mines finishs Sep 7. Probably get a 3 month membership and then see how often I used it after those 3 months are over..
Check out the "X-Box 360 LIVE GOLD PACK" ... comes with Project Racing 4, a headset, a chatpad, and a 1-year live subscription for $80. Pretty good deal.

Old
08-25-2010, 03:13 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Check out the "X-Box 360 LIVE GOLD PACK" ... comes with Project Racing 4, a headset, a chatpad, and a 1-year live subscription for $80. Pretty good deal.
It's an awesome deal for everyone but me.

Don't like racing games.
I have a headset (just hardly use it.... hmhmh)
have a chat pad.

So yeah pretty useless for me, but awesome deal none the less for anyone who doesn't have those stuff.

So likely just gonna pick up a 3 month membership in two weeks.

Old
08-25-2010, 03:20 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:

Don't like racing games.
have a chat pad.

So yeah pretty useless for me, but awesome deal none the less for anyone who doesn't have those stuff.

a one year subscription is a pretty good deal. If you get a card in a store it's like 60$ for 13 monts.So like 5 $ a month. People overblow the whole 'omgz you have to pay for xbl lolol' sentiment. And they're kidding themselves if they think Sony won't play the same game next gen.

Old
08-25-2010, 03:36 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
a one year subscription is a pretty good deal. If you get a card in a store it's like 60$ for 13 monts.So like 5 $ a month. People overblow the whole 'omgz you have to pay for xbl lolol' sentiment. And they're kidding themselves if they think Sony won't play the same game next gen.
Yeah, I don't think Sony will unless they get dedicated servers. I think they'll continue to charge for Playstation Plus, which will be like a gold membership. Where-as their "silver" membership will make the store slower but still have free online.

Quote:

Don't like racing games.
have a chat pad.

Yeah, but you could probably sell;

the game, the chat pad, and the headset to something like EBgames for $40 or so.. then only have paid $45 or so for your 12-month membership.

Old
08-25-2010, 03:39 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think Sony will unless they get dedicated servers. I think they'll continue to charge for Playstation Plus, which will be like a gold membership. Where-as their "silver" membership will make the store slower but still have free online.
Yeah, but i just expect that once the next gen consoles come out in a few years, that psnplus will be a lot closer to gold than it is now. Who knows, they might not even wait until next gen. I've seen weirder things happen.

Old
08-25-2010, 03:44 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Yeah, but i just expect that once the next gen consoles come out in a few years, that psnplus will be a lot closer to gold than it is now. Who knows, they might not even wait until next gen. I've seen weirder things happen.
Sony has stated multiple times they won't make people pay to play online (this gen), and I stand by their word. They've always told the truth to me at least.

Old
08-25-2010, 03:51 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Sony has stated multiple times they won't make people pay to play online (this gen), and I stand by their word. They've always told the truth to me at least.
Didn't know that, doesn't change that it will happen eventually, unfortunately.

Old
08-25-2010, 08:53 PM
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread

Leafs fan here in peace,
I'm gonna be managing the Leafs board 360 EASHL team, hopefully we can set up some matches, should be a fun EASHL year from what I've heard from the list of EASHL changes/the improvements in the game.

Old
08-25-2010, 08:55 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Versteeg View Post
Leafs fan here in peace,
I'm gonna be managing the Leafs board 360 EASHL team, hopefully we can set up some matches, should be a fun EASHL year from what I've heard from the list of EASHL changes/the improvements in the game.
Your board must love the potential for truculence they've added to the game.

Old
08-25-2010, 09:06 PM
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread

Quote:
Your board must love the potential for truculence they've added to the game.
oh yes we do, I'm going to have to make sure to make my player a grinder.. and add every attribute point I get towards checking and toughness, actually maybe I'll put a couple towards deflections. I'll be a real Burke player.

Old
08-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Okay, first of all... FUUUUUUU to all the people telling us PS3 users to buy an X-Box. Because well... now I kind of am considering buying one to play with you all...

Any suggestions to picking up one for cheap? I'd just need it to play NHL 11, and no other games (with the exception of any other edition of NHL games). Not looking to spend a fortune, so if anyone can help me out with one.

Old
08-25-2010, 09:20 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Okay, first of all... FUUUUUUU to all the people telling us PS3 users to buy an X-Box. Because well... now I kind of am considering buying one to play with you all...

Any suggestions to picking up one for cheap? I'd just need it to play NHL 11, and no other games (with the exception of any other edition of NHL games). Not looking to spend a fortune, so if anyone can help me out with one.
Wow, i'm stoked that you're considering it. I'll definitely be on the lookout for deals for you.

Old
08-25-2010, 09:50 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:

Same Here, I'll be looking aswell just for you, that'd rock if you could play with us!

Old
08-25-2010, 09:58 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:

The new 4GB Arcade is $199.99.
You can get it at Future Shop with 3 games for the same price (which you could pawn off if you wanted for $20-$30). The new 4GB Arcade has the wireless router in it.

The only thing is, you pay for online. But again, there is an X-Box LIVE Gold Pack (game, chat pad, headset, 1-year subscription to live) for $80. You can again pawn the game for maybe $10).

Old
08-25-2010, 10:01 PM
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread

I'd try and get a used one.

Old
08-25-2010, 10:07 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
The new 4GB Arcade is $199.99.
You can get it at Future Shop with 3 games for the same price (which you could pawn off if you wanted for $20-$30). The new 4GB Arcade has the wireless router in it.

The only thing is, you pay for online. But again, there is an X-Box LIVE Gold Pack (game, chat pad, headset, 1-year subscription to live) for $80. You can again pawn the game for maybe $10).
I'm aware of the paying for X-Box online, and have no problem. I'm still attached to the free online of PS3 but am willing to give it a shot. Then again, if I disappear for a month or so, then you'd know why.

Deal sounds good, although the built in wireless router is not really appealing to me since I already have a wireless router and am sure it would work with the X-Box (...right?). What I'd like to know is, is there any difference between the first generation 360 until the newest generation? What I mean by that is, will it affect online gameplay at all? All I am buying it for is to turn the system on, put the game in and play with you folks on NHL 11. That's all I'd be getting it for.

The reason I ask is because I am seeing some pretty good deals for those clunky white ones for about 80$-$160. I mean if there is something wrong and the arcade edition is better, then by all means I'll go for it.

But yeah, uh... halp?

Old
08-25-2010, 10:24 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
I'm aware of the paying for X-Box online, and have no problem. I'm still attached to the free online of PS3 but am willing to give it a shot. Then again, if I disappear for a month or so, then you'd know why.

Deal sounds good, although the built in wireless router is not really appealing to me since I already have a wireless router and am sure it would work with the X-Box (...right?). What I'd like to know is, is there any difference between the first generation 360 until the newest generation? What I mean by that is, will it affect online gameplay at all? All I am buying it for is to turn the system on, put the game in and play with you folks on NHL 11. That's all I'd be getting it for.

The reason I ask is because I am seeing some pretty good deals for those clunky white ones for about 80$-$160. I mean if there is something wrong and the arcade edition is better, then by all means I'll go for it.

But yeah, uh... halp?

He meant built in wireless receiver. And i'm not sure what you mean by affecting online play. You'll be able to play with us, you don't get to join some exclusive club because your xbox is still new, shiny and ROD free.

Old
08-25-2010, 10:34 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:

But yeah, uh... halp?
New Generations and Old Generations Xbox 360s have the same online community, and both use Xbox Live the same way, there should be 0 difference in terms of online game play between the two if thats what your asking.

Old
08-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Gary320

If you're really considering it. Go down to EB Games, check out their used 360s'.. Since you don't really wanna spend alot of money on a new one. Plus just use a USB key to save your game info, if you don't wanna buy a hard drive (or if it doesn't come with one)

Old
08-25-2010, 11:42 PM
m00ks

HMV has the arcade version for 99 bucks. Dunno if its still on.

Old
08-25-2010, 11:57 PM
LyricalLyricist

Question, who plays ps3 wireless and who plays it wired? I sometimes get lag on ps3 cuz we're like 10 systems(iphones, laptops, PCs, PS3) all linked up to a single modem at same time. I used to link it via wire, but for some reason i went wireless. is there a noticeable difference in speed? It never occured to me that my being on wireless can be slowing me down, even though i'm aware wired is faster.

Old
08-26-2010, 06:18 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
It's odd to say the least.

I've always been wireless (comes in handy when two kids are running back and forth), but I've never had a problem with lagging or connections dropping. Could be just an issue with either the distance between your PS3 and router, or that you may have bought a lemon. Could be something else too, but I'm no wiz at technology.

EDIT - @ m00ks : Just checked out HMV, and holy cow it is at $99.99! Great find, I may just go with that one. For those who know a little more, how much memory does this one have and will it have enough to store data of just one game on it, or will I need a USB key? And thanks again m00ks!!

Last edited by Crimson Skorpion: 08-26-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Old
08-26-2010, 07:43 AM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Question, who plays ps3 wireless and who plays it wired? I sometimes get lag on ps3 cuz we're like 10 systems(iphones, laptops, PCs, PS3) all linked up to a single modem at same time. I used to link it via wire, but for some reason i went wireless. is there a noticeable difference in speed? It never occured to me that my being on wireless can be slowing me down, even though i'm aware wired is faster.
wired can't be interfered with like wireless can, unless you run a vacuum cleaner near your modem. But if u have a ton of **** on one network, you'll experience slowdown.

Quote:
It's odd to say the least.

I've always been wireless (comes in handy when two kids are running back and forth), but I've never had a problem with lagging or connections dropping. Could be just an issue with either the distance between your PS3 and router, or that you may have bought a lemon. Could be something else too, but I'm no wiz at technology.

EDIT - @ m00ks : Just checked out HMV, and holy cow it is at $99.99! Great find, I may just go with that one. For those who know a little more, how much memory does this one have and will it have enough to store data of just one game on it, or will I need a USB key? And thanks again m00ks!!
You can just use a usb to put gamesaves on, so if you're fine with that, you'll be ok.

Closed Thread