HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lupul - Back/Blood (Upd: Added to Active Roster)

Old
08-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Mooseduck

vCash: 500
Lupul - Back/Blood (Upd: Added to Active Roster)

This will start the 2010/11 Ducks Injury Thread

Lupul To Miss Training Camp
Quote:
Ducks winger Joffrey Lupul will miss the opening of training camp and likely won’t be ready for the start of the regular season due to a reoccurrence of a blood infection in his back.
Lupul said Monday he suffered the setback one month ago and stopped training because of the discomfort. Results from blood tests showed that the infection had returned, according to the team.

Lupul will continue to take antibiotics for another four weeks and cannot do any physical activity during that time. He will be re-evaluated on or around Sept.20, about two or three days after the Ducks open camp.

Lupul said that being ready for the Ducks’ season opener on Oct.8 is not a possibility. There is no timetable for his return.

“It’s really frustrating,” Lupul said. “I haven’t played hockey in a long time. I was hoping to be ready on day one of camp. But now my focus has changed. I want to get rid of this. I’m very confident I can get back playing and playing well.”

Lupul last played a game on Dec.8, 2009 and nine days later underwent surgery to repair a herniated disc in his back. He had a second procedure done 10 days later, and the infection was soon discovered.

Ducks general manager Bob Murray said through a team spokesman that Lupul’s condition and outlook had improved.

“He’s expected to make a full recovery,” Murray said. “However, he will not be able to train until he’s completed his cycle of antibiotics (on Sept.20). He will be re-evaluated at that point.”

The best case scenario for Lupul is to have no setbacks and be cleared to resume activity in late September. He said he would need ”a solid month” of training to jump into an NHL game, meaning he likely would be available to the Ducks in November at the earliest.

The Ducks, who have acknowledged interest in Paul Kariya, are not preparing for Lupul to be out for longer than that but they are aware that he probably will not play a full season. A possible fill-in at wing could be veteran Jason Blake.

Lupul’s healthy issues have meant the Ducks have had little return on Lupul’s return to the organization.

- Read More -
Finally, the cat out of the bag. Get better soon Lups ...

Last edited by Mooseduck: 08-23-2010 at 11:06 PM.
Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 11:17 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

The team's been kind of trying to cover this up for awhile, haven't they?

But there were rumors anyways, so not very successfully.

I guess that means we're stuck with both Lupul and Blake for the next season. It's also probably a big part of why they were unwilling to pay Wisniewski for his otherwise quite manageable salary. Lupul will be on the IR, but it's irrelevant for a budget team since we would still have to pay his salary.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Ducks

Part of me can't help but think he wasn't as focused on recovering as he should have been.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
He wasn't focused enough on curing his blood infection? Should he have gone Osmosis Jones on it instead of laying around at the hospital?

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Unholy

Better than December. Can't wait to see him when he's healthy

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:25 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

He should stop partying with Bobby Ryan

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Hockeystatic X View Post
He wasn't focused enough on curing his blood infection? Should he have gone Osmosis Jones on it instead of laying around at the hospital?
There's a lot you can do to aid recovery, especially with an infection. There's also a lot you can do to slow down your recovery.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:32 AM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Honestly Lupul has done more negative then positive for the Ducks and he should be lucky I am not GM or I would have put him on waivers by now and he wouldn't see a Ducks jersey as long as I was around.

Also I don't know why anyone feels bad for loops. Sure he had a bad back injury but he also messed up by not taking his meds correctly and set him back months and caused infection. Also topped off by the fact he is posting on Twitter about going to the playboy mansion and out partying when he should have been resting and recovering.

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks View Post
There's a lot you can do to aid recovery, especially with an infection. There's also a lot you can do to slow down your recovery.
Yeah I was kidding, Osmosis Jones is a kids movie with talking Tylenol.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:38 AM
Unholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
Honestly Lupul has done more negative then positive for the Ducks and he should be lucky I am not GM or I would have put him on waivers by now and he wouldn't see a Ducks jersey as long as I was around.

Also I don't know why anyone feels bad for loops. Sure he had a bad back injury but he also messed up by not taking his meds correctly and set him back months and caused infection. Also topped off by the fact he is posting on Twitter about going to the playboy mansion and out partying when he should have been resting and recovering.
Thank God you arent.

Yeah because I'm sure he never rested once at all or even slept for that matter. Love those tweets of him saying he is always sooo wasted

Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 01:22 AM
airforceones25

well that sucks...

seems like this might be career threatening.. he might make a comeback but back problems just don't go away.. wish him the best but i wouldn't put my money on seeing him back anytime soon regardless what they claim.

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 01:57 AM
Jimgrayson

Quote:
I don't really see the big problem you have with the guy. As for waivers, why would you do that? He wouldn't get claimed and then you're left with a player who knows he isn't wanted. What would you possibly stand to gain from that as GM?

Jimgrayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 02:03 AM
defer*

Quote:

Care to elaborate?

and how do you know this is what happened? you are his stalker arnt you. Did he start sending back your naked pictures? is that why you are angry at him?

lol but in all reality we have no clue what is going on with him. it could be much much worse then they are saying.

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 05:15 AM
Paul4587

God there are some moronic posts in this thread. Yup, Lupul is to blame for a rare blood infection in his back. He also should not be allowed out of his house or have a social life whatsoever until he is 100%.

I hate to be so angry but those being critical of Lupul for this are ****ing morons. I'd like to see how you dealt with his condition.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 05:41 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

I don't know what you're complaining about. If anything, going out and partying would probably help kill the infection. Alcohol is a disinfectant after all.

Old
08-24-2010, 07:47 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

I am surprised there are so many medical professionals in this thread. I'm also surprised how few of them understand the idea of context.

Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 08:31 AM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Quote:

Dont be dumb and throw out stuff you know nothing about.

The only thing I am surprised is the medical staff. It sounds like this is infection #2 for him.

KelVarnsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 11:04 AM
190Octane

Unfortunately MRSA and other serious infections are becoming much more prevalent and they are getting more and more resistant to antibiotics.

My wife had an attack of MRSA above her eye that escalated in 3 days from looking like an insect bite to having her eye completely shut. Three days of a hospital stay and IV Vancomycin later and a two weeks of rest and she was better but these things happen and they are scary.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 11:44 AM
justheducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
I don't know what you're complaining about. If anything, going out and partying would probably help kill the infection. Alcohol is a disinfectant after all.
No this surgery he had makes it VERY tough to even walk right. He had a meeting with the Ducks and saying he could barely walk and things are tough for him. Then a few days later he was caught with a playboy bunny on TMZ. He was making post on twitter about going out to clubs and partying when he could barely walk. He has embarrassed the organization and in my opinion has seen his last game in a Ducks uniform. To think we are paying Lupul $4.25 million (if not more) to sit not play a game for the Ducks.
I don't get why anyone else is not pissed off about this?
With no Lupul contract we could have a top 4 Dman like Bieska and Sexton/Beleskey to replace Lupul.

Old
08-24-2010, 11:45 AM
justheducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelVarnsen View Post
Dont be dumb and throw out stuff you know nothing about.

The only thing I am surprised is the medical staff. It sounds like this is infection #2 for him.
How about you not be a jacka$$ cause you have no idea wtf you are talking about. I DO know what I am talking about. All what I said are FACTS and the truth.

Old
08-24-2010, 11:48 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
No this surgery he had makes it VERY tough to even walk right. He had a meeting with the Ducks and saying he could barely walk and things are tough for him. Then a few days later he was caught with a playboy bunny on TMZ. He was making post on twitter about going out to clubs and partying when he could barely walk. He has embarrassed the organization and in my opinion has seen his last game in a Ducks uniform. To think we are paying Lupul $4.25 million (if not more) to sit not play a game for the Ducks.
I don't get why anyone else is not pissed off about this?
With no Lupul contract we could have a top 4 Dman like Bieska and Sexton/Beleskey to replace Lupul.
I was being even less serious than normal. Which in of itself is a feat.

Old
08-24-2010, 12:35 PM
KelVarnsen
Trade Etem!

Quote:
How about you not be a jacka$$ cause you have no idea wtf you are talking about. I DO know what I am talking about. All what I said are FACTS and the truth.
Jacka$$? I'm not the one pretending to be some Ducks insider as you do. I'm sure you were there when he didnt take his meds. I'm sure you were there when he wasnt doing rehab. You are the one looking stupid with all your lame a$$ "insider" information.

KelVarnsen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 12:49 PM
zot

MRSA is a serious infection. You would need IV vancomycin to treat it, and there is no way you can be non-compliant without missing your appointments for your infusion. Hopefully, he is not an MRSA carrier b/c he going to have a tough time getting rid of this bug. Prayers to him in getting better and hopefully he could be back on the ice soon.

P.S. MRSA staph infections can be found in weight rooms.

zot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Jerky Leclerc

More pressure to sign Bobby Ryan now.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Forbes View Post
I am surprised there are so many medical professionals in this thread. I'm also surprised how few of them understand the idea of context.
All I know is he was training 5-6 times a week until the setback. He was working hard to get back on the ice. If I'm going to accuse him of anything, it's not going to be of screwing around and not taking things seriously.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote