HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brewer rumored available???

Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2004, 06:34 PM
YKOil

vCash: 500
You're kidding right?

Your defense looks like this:

Rachunek
Kasparaitis
Tjutin
Poti
Mironov
Bouchard
Purinton
Lampman
Pock

Of those Rachunek is decent, Kaspar is good, Tyutin is rising, Poti is a fraud, Bouchard is laughable at 16 mins a game, Mironov is done, Purinton is a fighting version of Scott Ferguson, Lampman may have promise and who the heck is Pock?

Smith, Brewer and Staois are better than anyone on that list imo. I would take Bergeron over Poti simply because Bergeron DOESN'T play softer than toilet tissue. Semenov is our own Tyutin in terms of a prime-prospect just learning the game.

Lynch, Woytwika and Greene are as good as any prospect you currently have excepting MAYBE Tyutin.

Defense IS your top priority - trading DeVries killed your top-end depth and it is debateable as to whether or not Rachunek will ever take the next step up and be a big-minute, big situation d-man OR become another Stan Neckar/Janne Laukannen type.

Brewer would be the anchor of your entire defense. Not Kaspar and not Tyutin.

To the Rangers, Brewer is worth a LOT in trade.

YKOil

Old
05-31-2004, 06:44 PM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by YKOil

YKOil
At least Tyutin and the 6th, although I'd still rather have Brewer.

Old
05-31-2004, 06:49 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
You're kidding right?

Your defense looks like this:

Rachunek
Kasparaitis
Tjutin
Poti
Mironov
Bouchard
Purinton
Lampman
Pock

Of those Rachunek is decent, Kaspar is good, Tyutin is rising, Poti is a fraud, Bouchard is laughable at 16 mins a game, Mironov is done, Purinton is a fighting version of Scott Ferguson, Lampman may have promise and who the heck is Pock?

Smith, Brewer and Staois are better than anyone on that list imo. I would take Bergeron over Poti simply because Bergeron DOESN'T play softer than toilet tissue. Semenov is our own Tyutin in terms of a prime-prospect just learning the game.

Lynch, Woytwika and Greene are as good as any prospect you currently have excepting MAYBE Tyutin.

Defense IS your top priority - trading DeVries killed your top-end depth and it is debateable as to whether or not Rachunek will ever take the next step up and be a big-minute, big situation d-man OR become another Stan Neckar/Janne Laukannen type.

Brewer would be the anchor of your entire defense. Not Kaspar and not Tyutin.

YKOil
Pock is great, he lead NCAA in scoring for defensemen this season I think, in 6 games with Rangers he had 4 points. Poti will likely be traded, Bouchard and Purinton likely gone. We got Kondratiev in a Leetch deal, plus we have youngsters like Baranka, Liffiton, Taylor, Potter, etc. for the future. Mironov has been very solid. We also have Nycholat and Jeff Paul in AHL that can be called up. So as you can see we have more than enough.

Old
05-31-2004, 07:14 PM
YKOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Pock is great, he lead NCAA in scoring for defensemen this season I think, in 6 games with Rangers he had 4 points. Poti will likely be traded, Bouchard and Purinton likely gone. We got Kondratiev in a Leetch deal, plus we have youngsters like Baranka, Liffiton, Taylor, Potter, etc. for the future. Mironov has been very solid. We also have Nycholat and Jeff Paul in AHL that can be called up. So as you can see we have more than enough.
So Kaspar & Rachunek and 4 to 5 rookies? Unless Sather hires the next coming of Lemaire and gets a top-notch goalie in there you are guaranteed another good draft pick. Especially if Holik, one of the few defensively aware players you have, is traded away as well.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

YKOil

Old
05-31-2004, 07:18 PM
oil slick

Quote:
Dude - I don't know... it seems like half the people you listed are far from sure things. Saying you have more than enough is, IMO, not necessarily true.

Old
05-31-2004, 08:03 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
So Kaspar & Rachunek and 4 to 5 rookies? Unless Sather hires the next coming of Lemaire and gets a top-notch goalie in there you are guaranteed another good draft pick. Especially if Holik, one of the few defensively aware players you have, is traded away as well.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

YKOil
Mironov-Tyutin
Kasparaitis-Kondratiev
Rachunek-Pock
Lampman

Old
05-31-2004, 08:12 PM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

Whew I dunno that looks pretty iffy me to me. No offense intended at all. But if a few more d-men went your way that wouldn't be a terrible thing. Just not Brewer that would be a terrible thing for us

Brewer - Smith
Staois - Semenov
Ulanov - Bergeron

Cross

Take out Brewer and we have some problems too

Old
05-31-2004, 08:17 PM
Oi'll say!

It's ridiculous to say the Rangers couldn't use Brewer, if he's available they'll make a pitch to KLo along with about 28 other teams.

Obviously Lundmark would just be a piece of the puzzle, my guess is a bit less than half of what we get back. I'd be more interested in huge specimen but considering his ties with the Rags org and Lundmark's Edm connection it's probably Lundmark all the way.

Would the Isles want Brewer back? IIRC they're the ones who drafted Nilsson and the Oil were very interested in him before the last draft.

I'm not so sure we need another d-man in return if we re-sign Smith:

Smith Staios
Ulanov Semenov
Bergeron Cross
Lynch Woywitka

Old
05-31-2004, 08:57 PM
Prucha73

I would love to trade Lundmark for Rita.

Old
05-31-2004, 08:59 PM
mamettt

I think for brewer I would do Rachunek, Tyutin, and a 3rd. That's a #4 d-man, a blue chip prospect, and a so-so draft pick for a #1 d-man. That's the price I think I'd demand from Sather.

Old
05-31-2004, 09:05 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamettt
I think for brewer I would do Rachunek, Tyutin, and a 3rd. That's a #4 d-man, a blue chip prospect, and a so-so draft pick for a #1 d-man. That's the price I think I'd demand from Sather.
but we don't need another defenceman, we are rebuilding, why would we make such an idiotic trade?

Old
05-31-2004, 09:07 PM
mamettt

Because that's the cost a #1 d-man would require.

Old
05-31-2004, 09:07 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
even then I'd hesitate - because I'm not to high on Rachunek - although I'd love to had have this blueline in five years:
Woywitka-Lynch
Semenov-Tyutin

Add in Brewer and one of our other blueliner kids (Bergeron, Greene, Gilbert etc.) and that's lookin f*$&in A!

Old
05-31-2004, 09:23 PM
Chayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamettt
If i am trading Brewer i would want Tyutin and the 6th before i would want rachunek. We can draft a quality forward or one of the top end netminders that way rahter than load up our back end to much. I am not sold on Rachunek myself, but maybe he fills the offensive d-man slot.

Bear in mind this deal cannot happen unless they have smith signed or he will hold the oil hostage on his contract.

Old
05-31-2004, 09:31 PM
Prucha73

Once again Rangers need top 6 forwards, we do not need any defensemen.
You can keed dreaming about #6 or Tyutin

The only thing I would do is Lundmark+Rachunek+#23 for Rita+#14

Old
05-31-2004, 09:54 PM
Seachd

vCash: 50
Quote:
The only thing I would do is Lundmark+Rachunek+#23 for Rita+#14
That's actually pretty interesting.

And I know you keep saying the Rangers don't need d-men, but let's face it - their defence is very mediocre as it is. It certainly wouldn't help to get rid of Rachunek.

Old
05-31-2004, 09:57 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
That's actually pretty interesting.

And I know you keep saying the Rangers don't need d-men, but let's face it - their defence is very mediocre as it is. It certainly wouldn't help to get rid of Rachunek.

If we trade Rachunek we could sign a UFA like Slegr for example. And who knows if Poti will be traded or not.

Old
05-31-2004, 10:09 PM
hunter orange

IMO Lowe would bite on

Lundmark, Rachenuk & 23rd overall ----- for ----- Rita & 14th overall

** The Oil could still come out of the first round with two decent picks. The difference between 14 and 23 is small enough this draft to make this deal worth doing for the Oil.

Nice offer, Prucha73

Old
05-31-2004, 11:33 PM
Mizral

I suspect Brewer is looking for around $3 million or so. I don't think all this World Cup/Olympic Gold Medalist/etc.. is helping the Oilers organization at all in their contract negotiations with a guy like this.

Still, the Oilers really have to sign him. They can't lose him/trade him and expect to make the playoffs next year.

Old
06-01-2004, 06:23 AM
Meanashell11

If the Rags want Brew, how about Jesseman (sp?) and the #6 pick.

Old
06-01-2004, 08:50 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
if the Oilers want to trade Brewer, I suggest they package Rita and Isbister with him to generate an even greater return.

Old
06-01-2004, 11:05 AM
Oilers Ent

Send a message via MSN to Oilers Ent
If the Oilers trade Brewer I can only see it happening if NYR packages their #6 Pick. We can get a player that we truly want with that pick and Lynch and Woywitka are probable for the lineup next year anyway.

Perhaps something like:

Jessiman + Lundmark + 6th Pick

for

Brewer + Rita or Isbister

Old
06-01-2004, 11:08 AM
YKOil

Well, Prucha and I aren't on totally different planets - the Lundmark for Rita trade is one I would find interesting as well.

Lundmark is a center we can use right now and even if he never develops the way he should (legit #1 or #2 center) he is capable of being better than Horcoff, Reasoner, Stoll et al - and upgrades are never bad. Also, he gives Niinimaki, Pouliot time to continue to develop.

Rita gives the Rangers a complete package prospect that they don't currently have. Don't get me wrong, they do have some good prospects, but Rita gives them size AND scoring AND grit AND speed AND top-line upside, etc, whereas most of the Ranger prospects have a few of those qualities but not all.

I would be VERY happy with a package of:

Rita + Isbister
FOR
Lundmark & 25th

YKOil

Old
06-01-2004, 12:14 PM
Prucha73

Quote:
Well, Prucha and I aren't on totally different planets - the Lundmark for Rita trade is one I would find interesting as well.

Lundmark is a center we can use right now and even if he never develops the way he should (legit #1 or #2 center) he is capable of being better than Horcoff, Reasoner, Stoll et al - and upgrades are never bad. Also, he gives Niinimaki, Pouliot time to continue to develop.

Rita gives the Rangers a complete package prospect that they don't currently have. Don't get me wrong, they do have some good prospects, but Rita gives them size AND scoring AND grit AND speed AND top-line upside, etc, whereas most of the Ranger prospects have a few of those qualities but not all.

I would be VERY happy with a package of:

Rita + Isbister
FOR
Lundmark & 25th

YKOil
Lundmark is better off as a RW, IMO

I am pretty sure Rangers will not waste a 1st rounder on the likes of Isbister. He is worth no more than a second rounder.

Old
06-01-2004, 01:23 PM
xerburt

This is a great thread - and a classic example of how it's a prospects board and how we all love the potential of our guys. However, for a large number of players, it's still only potential.

It's stuff like this that keeps it interesting around here!

Closed Thread