HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers DVDs

Old
08-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Foreverinour

vCash: 500
Flyers DVDs

ive been tryin to look around for something like 09-10 flyers season on DVD. or at least flyers 09-10 playoffs on DVD. there has to be something out there available.

Foreverinour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 02:43 AM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverinour View Post
ive been tryin to look around for something like 09-10 flyers season on DVD. or at least flyers 09-10 playoffs on DVD. there has to be something out there available.
It has been my experience that Championship Teams in the major sports get DVD/VHS releases of their winning season, while the runners up get to play a supporting role in the Finals part of them. I have found that coverage of individual seasons of teams in non-championship years are usually relegated to compilation discs or sets -- cult teams like the Yankees may be exceptions -- Even though it was a miracle run that fell just short of greatness, I would be greatly surprised if there will be a release... Had they came back from being a shot away from totally missing the postseason entirely and from being down three goals in a seventh game in a series they trailed three games to none, after losing their number one and number two goalies and three other key players, I could see a movie project being done. As it is that fluke OT goal in Game Six took care of that.

All that said... I have no actual information, but I would also be interested in owning such a DVD. I imagine that CSN would have a special program on it to air directly before the season opens... including the Winter Classic.

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Foreverinour

i found torrents of the finals. and the winter classic. but thats it so far. you would think the flyers/csn would make a DVD of each years best goals, etc at least.

Old
08-24-2010, 08:48 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 87
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
I only know where you can get full games.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Foreverinour

only thing i found is
http://www.hockeywebcasts.com/nhl/20...iladelphia.php

and hulu.com

youd have to do some sort of screen recorder.

Old
08-24-2010, 12:29 PM
CTU2fan

Same as everyone, I can get full games but I wouldn't expect an official DVD. With the technology we have you could have expected possible fan-made videos to make the rounds (similar to the 2004 Red Sox compilations/highlight vids out there), but the way youtube's taken off most of those things are made for youtube. They're cappable of course, but often the quality doesn't translate to a larger screen and home theater type system.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 02:50 PM
ihatebraydenschenn

Such a shame we didn't win the 2010 Cup. I'd be allllllll over that official Bluray.

Think of the content!

ihatebraydenschenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2010, 03:35 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1040
I'm sure some have seen this but in case others haven't:

Quote:
Flyers-Bruins series to air on NHL Network
In case you are looking for your Flyers fix here in late August, the NHL Network might have what you are looking for.

Beginning tonight, the network will re-air the historic Flyers-Bruins playoff series. The games will be edited down to fit into 2-hour blocks, but that still leaves time for plenty of action.

Games 1 through 5 will air each weeknight at 6 p.m. Game 6 and 7 will be shown back-to-back Sunday, beginning at 7 p.m.

The other option is you can watch the entire series -- 14 hours straight -- beginning at 9 a.m. Sunday, leading into Games 6 and 7.
Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...#ixzz0xYOiYSPL

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote