HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-2011 Prospects Thread - Washington Capitals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-15-2011, 06:09 PM
  #701
Langway
Moderator
Intangibles
 
Langway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 20,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
If possible today I would like to be schooled on Stanislav Galiev. Particularly if he is even a real candidate to make an impact at the NHL level. Maybe another one of those talented Russians that dropped in the draft due to concerns with signability or simply a third round pick that will have to beat the odds?
A little of both. There were non-lineage reasons why he slipped but that factor didn't help either. I like him better than Bouchard/Kugryshev as a future scoring-line NHLer but it's up to him. He'll be headed back to what should be another highly competitive Saint John team and from there we'll see how he adapts at the pro level. He needs more consistency and to polish up his game away from the puck but he's answered a lot of the finishing questions this past season and did display a decent amount of drive. I don't know whether he'll make for that stellar a complimentary fit but the individual skills are there and given where he was drafted it was worth the risk.

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2011, 07:12 PM
  #702
Dirtbag59
Registered User
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langway View Post
A little of both. There were non-lineage reasons why he slipped but that factor didn't help either. I like him better than Bouchard/Kugryshev as a future scoring-line NHLer but it's up to him. He'll be headed back to what should be another highly competitive Saint John team and from there we'll see how he adapts at the pro level. He needs more consistency and to polish up his game away from the puck but he's answered a lot of the finishing questions this past season and did display a decent amount of drive. I don't know whether he'll make for that stellar a complimentary fit but the individual skills are there and given where he was drafted it was worth the risk.
Appreciate it. A lot of these reports I find were written on draft day and the only real updates come on the overall organization rankings.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 10:40 PM
  #703
Dirtbag59
Registered User
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,867
vCash: 500
QUESTION! Whats the latest on Little Gus? Is he still retired from hockey or just hockey in North America?

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 11:39 PM
  #704
Cush
-inator
 
Cush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,822
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
QUESTION! Whats the latest on Little Gus? Is he still retired from hockey or just hockey in North America?
He was playing in the Swiss League, 1 assist in 11 games

Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2011, 11:51 PM
  #705
Dirtbag59
Registered User
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
He was playing in the Swiss League, 1 assist in 11 games
Thats the type of player we need.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 05:36 AM
  #706
RandyHolt
Capitals Station
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,381
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
Thats the type of player we need.
What type of player is that, and what type of player do you think Sjogren is?

Thanks for the update Cush.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2011, 01:20 PM
  #707
Dirtbag59
Registered User
 
Dirtbag59's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
What type of player is that, and what type of player do you think Sjogren is?

Thanks for the update Cush.
I was joking about Gus.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.