vCash: 500
Unbelievable. Will it ever stop?

Old
11-21-2010, 03:09 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Woooo.

Congrats Straubing and Pätzold. That was entertaining.

Old
12-08-2010, 09:42 AM
Sanderson

Well, Hamburg starts to have a goalie-saga again. After getting Taylor, Lamothe's contract was nixed a short time later. Now Treutle will leave for the U20 tournament and Taylor gets injured, so they are down to Bartels. I guess Richer wished he would have kept Lamothe a bit longer. Now he had to sign Martinovic as emergency.

In other news, the Freezers sign Christoph Schubert to a two year deal with an outclause for NA. Now that's a household name. I don't think that his game is suited all that well to the DEL, but he's definately a strong addition, I never expected Hamburg to get such a player at this time.

Old
12-08-2010, 10:07 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
In other news, the Freezers sign Christoph Schubert to a two year deal with an outclause for NA. Now that's a household name. I don't think that his game is suited all that well to the DEL, but he's definately a strong addition, I never expected Hamburg to get such a player at this time.
considering how bad he was for frölunda the last games, he ended up as forward in his last game, i really doubt it's a smart move. he's prone to stupid penalties and we know how the refs in the DEL are.
and i seriously wonder how much he costs. if he gets around the same as rumored in sweden then he's among the top10 in the DEL for sure. he's at least a name that could attract some more people to come to the games.

but to me it sounds like a panic move to add a player with a name (former NHLer, national team player (in the past)). the freezers need more offense, more goals and i doubt schubert is that kind of guy.

Old
12-09-2010, 06:28 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
considering how bad he was for frölunda the last games, he ended up as forward in his last game, i really doubt it's a smart move. he's prone to stupid penalties and we know how the refs in the DEL are.
and i seriously wonder how much he costs. if he gets around the same as rumored in sweden then he's among the top10 in the DEL for sure. he's at least a name that could attract some more people to come to the games.

but to me it sounds like a panic move to add a player with a name (former NHLer, national team player (in the past)). the freezers need more offense, more goals and i doubt schubert is that kind of guy.
I see that danger.

This is a risky move, at least from a price/performance ratio.

On the other hand, as Sanderson mentions, if you're a team that is as far down in the standings as the Freezers, but you do technically have the players to turn things around a bit, then adding what Schubert could POTENTIALLY bring to the table is as good a move as any at this point.

The DEL market isn't exactly ripe with U-30 guys who were in the NHL the past 5 years.

Definitely a big, big move for the Freezers (seeing as how he's also been signed for more than this season). I personally never liked his skating, and I can't comment on how stuff was like for him up in Sweden, but this guy does have the potential to be THE 25 minute-per-night blueliner for the Freezers who can add a heavy shot to the equation.

I see him getting a good shot at PP time, especially in light of what they probably had to pay to get him.

Last edited by Chapin Landvogt: 12-09-2010 at 06:42 AM.
Old
12-17-2010, 04:43 AM
Sanderson

Well, Schubert is certainly firing a lot, which is kind of the theme for this team, not a single team has more shots on goal. Sadly, having the least goals shows the weaknesses quite clearly, a lot of effort is needed for every single goal.

I just hope today's game won't be as awful as the one on tuesday against Iserlohn. Both teams were downright horrible, it's not much fun to see such a game live. So much time wasted...

Old
12-20-2010, 02:01 PM
fuechsken

Hamburg's Stephane Richer stepped down from his duties as a coach and wants to focus on being the manager. Benoit Laporte, formerly coach in Augsburg, Nürnberg and Ingolstadt, has been announced as the new head coach.

Click me!

I think it's a step in the right direction. Maybe Laporte can bring new ideas into the system (or finally implement a system).

Old
12-21-2010, 07:07 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuechsken View Post
Hamburg's Stephane Richer stepped down from his duties as a coach and wants to focus on being the manager. Benoit Laporte, formerly coach in Augsburg, Nürnberg and Ingolstadt, has been announced as the new head coach.

Click me!

I think it's a step in the right direction. Maybe Laporte can bring new ideas into the system (or finally implement a system).
Having watched practice, I thought Richer did some good things and had the boys doing specific things. As the losses piled up, he had them doing basics and playing a shoot, shoot, shoot system.

That they couldn't make anything of it in the games is another thing, but when a team can't score, the 'shoot and then go-to-the-net' mentality is about the only sound thing you can do to try and effectively get out of that funk.

This team obviously hasn't been capable of making it pay dividends.

Old
12-28-2010, 03:40 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

So much for the Scorpions battling like crazy for their young goalies and showing character.

Freefall.

Wonder what happened?
Not being paid anymore?

Old
01-09-2011, 01:23 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Really wanted make an effort today and watch a DEL game (Hamburg vs Ingolstadt) but I'm going to turn it off now.

Disgraceful officiating again, no emotions, slow play and annoying music.
I love hockey so much but this "product" is bad.

Old
01-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR View Post
Really wanted make an effort today and watch a DEL game (Hamburg vs Ingolstadt) but I'm going to turn it off now.

Disgraceful officiating again, no emotions, slow play and annoying music.
I love hockey so much but this "product" is bad.
I agree. Until 3 months ago I was watching 1 game per week, most of the time, but since I'm finally able to watch the NHL on ESPN America I have watched only one more DEL game.

But they will never learn, that most people don't want to watch that lame ass hockey.
And there are some players who would be capable to play exciting hockey, if only they were allowed to.

Old
01-09-2011, 03:47 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
I agree. Until 3 months ago I was watching 1 game per week, most of the time, but since I'm finally able to watch the NHL on ESPN America I have watched only one more DEL game.

But they will never learn, that most people don't want to watch that lame ass hockey.
And there are some players who would be capable to play exciting hockey, if only they were allowed to.
Busch comes to mind immediately imo.

Old
01-09-2011, 04:22 PM
fuechsken

I was actually there at the game tonight and it was fun, somehow. I know, I know, playmaking was awful on both sides and I guess it's just the simple fact, that a hockey game is always twice as much fun if you watch it live as opposed to watching it on TV.

Old
01-09-2011, 04:54 PM
zecke26

i turned off the tv after 16min. DEL hockey is bad these days, but freezers hockey is even worse. new coach, but you can still see that team was build by richer.

Old
01-10-2011, 07:17 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuechsken View Post
I was actually there at the game tonight and it was fun, somehow. I know, I know, playmaking was awful on both sides and I guess it's just the simple fact, that a hockey game is always twice as much fun if you watch it live as opposed to watching it on TV.
And that is one of my problems. I don't go to the arenas, since my favourite team is Berlin and I live near Frankfurt. So these days I would have to drive to Mannheim to watch some DEL-hockey, and I don't really like that team.
To be honest I've also never been to a Lions game while they were still playing.
The last game I've been to was EC Hedos München vs. Rosenheim (I think), many years ago, when our family was visiting some friends in Munich.

But still, I doubt that even being in the arena would really get me excited about this sort of hockey.

Old
01-10-2011, 07:58 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

I found the game yesterday to be quite boring.

Bummer - I had been looking forward to seeing a better Freezers team.

They are visibly better with Schubert, but without Tenute and Barta in the line-up, there's simply no pizzazz.

The play is also stopped soooooo often.

To be honest, if this game doesn't turn more 'North American', i.e. allowing more rough stuff and fewer check-related penalties, the DEL product is gonna be gone pretty soon.

It seems like so many fans would rather watch grassroots hockey full of checks, dumb mistakes and the many odd-man rushes that result from all that than the stoic chess matches that often seem to take place on the ice at the DEL level.

Funny, because some of these teams can really skate.

Interesting:
The Freezers' advertised motto around town is "Nichts for Sissis". Uhhhhh, actually, that's pretty much exactly what the DEL product currently looks like on many nights... something for sissies.

Old
01-10-2011, 12:04 PM
Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Interesting:
The Freezers' advertised motto around town is "Nichts for Sissis". Uhhhhh, actually, that's pretty much exactly what the DEL product currently looks like on many nights... something for sissies.
On the other hand, you have to be pretty tough to keep watching their games, so they aren't completely wrong

Old
01-10-2011, 10:24 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Quote:
On the other hand, you have to be pretty tough to keep watching their games, so they aren't completely wrong

Old
01-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Touché

Old
01-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Ciccarelli

Oh hi thur

Any insight on why Nathan Robinson has sucked so bad this season? He was a solid performed for years in the DEL, this season his production has declined dramaticly. Injuries perhaps, or has the whole team been donkie dookie in general?

Old
01-27-2011, 09:18 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccarelli View Post
Any insight on why Nathan Robinson has sucked so bad this season? He was a solid performed for years in the DEL, this season his production has declined dramaticly. Injuries perhaps, or has the whole team been donkie dookie in general?
because teams finally figured out that he will never play a pass in his career. i've seen a lot of selfish wannabe starplayers in the DEL since 94, but robinson is surely elite in that category.

i think he only fits to teams where you have a lot of teamplayers who are able to carry such a guy and let him play his own game. players who are willing to back him up if needed.
mannheim has a lot of "stars" and no one really did the stuff robinson didn't do.

most fans are happy he's gone and from what i've heard most players too.

Old
01-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Ciccarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
most fans are happy he's gone and from what i've heard most players too.
Thx, Zecke!

I think Blues just might fit into that description, we'll see soon enough.

Old
01-27-2011, 04:30 PM
fuechsken

And he pretty much sucks defensively.

He probably was one of the most skilled players with the puck in the DEL in recent years, but as zecke already said, he does it all on his own.

Old
02-27-2011, 04:44 AM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

Hey guys, SPIEGEL wrote an article about hockey:

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/sonst/0,1518,745609,00.html

Muppets...

Old
02-27-2011, 08:27 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR View Post
Hey guys, SPIEGEL wrote an article about hockey:

http://www.spiegel.de/sport/sonst/0,1518,745609,00.html

Muppets...
Yep, saw that.

My girlfriend sent it to me.

Without the fighting issue, hockey rarely gets attention in most places...

Closed Thread