Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Season 10/11

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2011, 08:58 AM
zecke26

vCash: 500
most germans don't understand the difference between emotional game related fights and this stage fight crap. i don't need those stage fighters either, but hockey without emotions is not hockey. except in germany where pro hockey has to be a dead sport.

Old
03-27-2011, 04:59 PM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

16 (!!!) 2-minute penalties and one major in the Krefeld - Hannover game today. Makes me cry.
Scorpions were shorthanded for the last 7 1/2 minutes of regulation and Krefeld didn'T manage to score and then
the Scorps scored the winner in the first minute of OT.
Starting to show that charater again that made them champion in the first place. And all that without Goc!

Crazy stat for the day from the Berlin - Ingolstadt series:

Rob Zepp 59:08 Shots: 29 Saves: 26
Ian Gordon 60:00 Shots: 61 Saves: 59

Old
03-28-2011, 09:06 AM
FAL

I don't think it was as bad as it may seem with regards to the penalties:

6 out of these 2-min penalties were handed out to each team within the same play for roughing, so no big deal.

The major was deserved at least in my opinion (I did see it live, but opinions are quite different - Krefeld fans want Wolf banned for life, Hannover fans saying it wasn't even penalty) and the 2 min for delay of game also no-brainer.

Out of the rest there sure were some 3-4 debatable, but nothing which struck out.

The Krefeld powerplay in the last period was a complete desaster, looked like someone from Krefeld would get paralyzed from pure nervosity.

Old
03-31-2011, 02:44 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Well, Hannover just ran out of gas, and players...

When they lost Brimanis for the game after about 5 minutes, it seemed clear they weren't going to be able to compete tonight.

Old
04-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Sanderson

Well, Wolfsburg-Berlin it is, regular season champion against the best team of the last few seasons.

Meanwhile the DEL has introduced a new logo, all red. Lets just hope they change more than just a logo, because "eiskalte Leidenschaft" isn't really something you would associate with the current DEL

link

Hamburg is closing in on getting a full roster for next season before this one is over, that's a new one
With the two new Danes who were announced today, all that is missing is a starting goalie and an offensive defenseman. Not that it is easy to get those, you can really screw up if you choose the wrong players.

Anyway, here's how the roster looks so far. I didn't include Jason King as he's rumoured to be bought out.

Colin Murphy - Rob Collins - Brett Engelhardt
Thomas Dolak - Serge Aubin - Thomas Oppenheimer
Aleksander Polaczek - Jesper Jensen - Jerome Flaake
Thomas Holzmann - Garret Festerling - David Wolf
Marius Möchel

Christoph Schubert - Rainer Köttstorfer
Patrick Traverse - xxx
Patrick Köppchen - Daniel Nielsen
Kevin Schmidt

xxx
Nicklas Treutle

Looks quite good so far, especially the improved depth at center, but then again that has happened before, you still need everyone to perform. Another right shooting defenseman is needed, and finally a goalie who can carry the team when needed. Maybe if Ehelechner is made available, as rumoured, or Kotschnew, but those aren't exactly cheap options either.

Old
04-19-2011, 03:47 PM
Maverick41

vCash: 150
Eisbären Berlin are once again DEL champions. 5th time in the last 7 seasons.

Great game tonight. Some weird goals like Busch's that made it 3-2 in the second period. Constantin Braun got the GWG, and Andre Rankel continued his stellar play.

Wolfsburg played very aggressive with a lot of heart but they lost their head at times, and everyone joined on the attack, completely ignoring defensive coverage. Christopher Fischer had a particularly brutal game. He was out of position a lot and had more than one bad turnover. One of them led to a shorthanded goal by Derrick Walser.

The crowd was deafening which seemed to annoy Hans Zach, who was commentating for Sky alongside Michael Leopold, to no end. I can understand him because 60 minutes of the same deafening sound can be real tiresome.

Old
04-20-2011, 12:59 AM
Sanderson

That definately was an interesting game. Wolfsburg just missed to play good defense. They had to work hard for most of their goals, while handing Berlin some very easy chances. If you let in that many goals every game, you simply can't win.

Busch's goal was weird, going of a head to the open side of the net where Busch put it in out of mid-air.
Wolfsburg's goal that didn't count was pretty rare as well. How often do you see the puck being shot right at the referees skate and go in?

I'm not so sure if Zach was really annoyed or if that was admiration.
It was very loud, from both sides. Though I have to say I was a bit annoyed when Wolfsburg's fans sang the same song for 30 minutes. That can be fun, but it's better to mix it a bit. Thankfully they did later on.

Old
04-20-2011, 06:49 AM
Maverick41

I totally forgot about the goal by the referee.

It was kind of strange watching the whole series. Every single game was close and could have gone either way, but I still had the feeling that Berlin was in control most of the time just because they have all that experience on their side. All of their players know how to win a championship and that was a key factor I think.

And of course the line of Rankel, Ustorf and Mulock was phenomenal.

I guess Zach was both annoyed with the monotony of the noise (especially in the first 2 periods) and impressed with the crowd. But I think he really had a headache at the end of the game.
I mean he always appears to be "grantig" (I don't think that grumpy or grouchy are really fitting translations) but he looked kind of beat at the end.

Old
06-21-2011, 02:56 AM
JVR
HeadHitsAreNotIllega

For the Germans:
http://www.eishockey.net/component/o...view/id,18869/

Old
06-21-2011, 04:57 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR View Post
it was a good laugh, but that's about it. it's pretty much the same blabla we hear from officials all day.

the best joke is the idea how to avoid teams with debts. i mean, they propose this to a league where probably only 3 teams have no debts. do they really think the club officials want to get rid of their own club? if they whole license process would improve, the DEL would stop to exist immediately. it's good to have a scapegoat like kassel when you don't want to mention the financial situation of other teams.

as long as german hockey has an independent league with wannabe officials on top, we won't see any progress. we need a strong federation to make decisions for everone and not teams making decisions that are for their own best.

no agreement between DEL and DEB might be no fun, but it's better to end this whole crap instead of continuing the slow death of german hockey.

Old
06-21-2011, 11:21 AM
TheStinger
Non Omnis Moriar

Hey guys, I'm in town for a few months and I would like to go see some Eisbaren games. Whens the new season start and how much are the tickets?

I had a look around the outside of the o2 arena today. My god it is a huge place.

Old
06-21-2011, 02:12 PM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStinger View Post
Hey guys, I'm in town for a few months and I would like to go see some Eisbaren games. Whens the new season start and how much are the tickets?

I had a look around the outside of the o2 arena today. My god it is a huge place.
The schedule for the 11/12 season is not out yet, as far as I know. Last year the season started on September 3rd, so I assume it will be similar this year.

As far as ticket prices go I can't help you, sorry.

Old
06-22-2011, 04:18 AM
Sealink

The next Eisbären-games are the European Trophy games on August 19th (vs. EC Red Bull Salzburg) and August 21st (vs. HC Slovan Bratislava).
Ticket prices for those games start at 10 Euros for standing room in the so-called "Fankurve", seats start at 15 Euros.

Old
06-22-2011, 08:10 AM
Bobeez

16.9. will be the start of the new season (at least for Hamburg whose preliminary schedule I have)

Old
06-25-2011, 03:55 PM
TheStinger
Non Omnis Moriar

Thanks guys for the info. I hope I can get to a few games this season.

Closed Thread