HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary/Dallas/Washington

Old
08-25-2010, 11:08 PM
iggyman12

vCash: 500
Calgary/Dallas/Washington

To Calgary:
Brad Richards

To Dallas:
Matt Stajan
Tomas Fleischmann
Wash 2012 2nd round pick

To Washington:
Robyn Regehr
David Moss

Why Calgary does this:
To get our true #1 center. Something we have needed for a while. I would hate to lose Regehr though.

Why Washington does this:
They get some size in front of the net. Something they could have used in last years playoffs. There are also alot of rumors about the caps shopping Fleischmann.

Why Dallas does this:
Well I dont know haha. I just really want Richards. Its unlikely that they trade him though unless its for money reasons.

This is assuming the NTC's are not a factor. Anyways, hows the value?

Cheers!

Last edited by iggyman12: 08-25-2010 at 11:25 PM.
iggyman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 11:12 PM
goalieguy3

we lose stajan, moss, regehr and a prospect for just brad richards?!?!!! dallas needs to add something big time

goalieguy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 11:13 PM
KipperFlash

Flames say no. Regehr has 3 years left (top-tier shutdown d-man), Stajan has 4 years left(50-60pt #2 center), Moss has 2 years left (3rd line guy capable of 15 goals) Vs. Brad Richards at 1 yr for 7.8.

Flames are a better team with Stajan and Regehr than they are with Richards.

Stajan also JUST inked his contract, he won't be dealt before playing a single game on that contract.

KipperFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 11:14 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieguy3 View Post
we lose stajan, moss, regehr and a prospect for just brad richards?!?!!! dallas needs to add something big time
Dallas gets back Stajan, Fleischman, Negrin and a 2nd and they need to add?

Trade actually looks about right, but I doubt Dallas does it.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 11:15 PM
WhereIsIt
#gift

vCash: 50
Calgary is giving up too much for one year of Brad Richards, and Dallas is getting too much for one year of Brad Richards.

WhereIsIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 11:16 PM
iggyman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieguy3 View Post
I realize its alot to give up. And it not like I really want to give Regehr and Stajan. But it takes alot to get an elite center.

Old
08-25-2010, 11:20 PM
iggyman12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck91 View Post
Calgary is giving up too much for one year of Brad Richards, and Dallas is getting too much for one year of Brad Richards.
Ya your right just looked it up. I for some reason thought he had 2 years left in his contract. Maybe Calgary would not need to add a prospect.

Old
08-25-2010, 11:20 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipperFlash View Post
Flames say no. Regehr has 3 years left (top-tier shutdown d-man), Stajan has 4 years left(50-60pt #2 center), Moss has 2 years left (3rd line guy capable of 15 goals) Vs. Brad Richards at 1 yr for 7.8.

Stajan also JUST inked his contract, he won't be dealt before playing a single game on that contract.
Got to remember Stajan was doing that with top line mins in the Eastern conference...

Playing top line in Calgary for 27 games Stajan was at a 48 point pace for an 82 game season, and he wont be playing that much next season.

Brad Richards put up 91 points and was 5th in the NHL in mins/game for a center behind only Crosby, Kopitar, Getzlaf and Stastny.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Snazu

Quote:
I realize its alot to give up. And it not like I really want to give Regehr and Stajan. But it takes alot to get an elite center.

No it doesn't. Look at what San Jose gave up for Joe Thorton.

Last edited by Snazu: 08-25-2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: scew up
Snazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 11:22 PM
apollo71426

caps traded their 2011 2nd rounder for Joe Corvo. Otherwise I would definitely do that deal (from caps perspective)!

apollo71426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 11:27 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipperFlash View Post

This. Plus, Calgary is already over the cap, and they need Regehr, they'd still have to lose a guy like Cory Sarich after making this move.

If the Flames are going to trade for Richards, it's gotta be something around Langkow+, but even then they'll be in a tough position to clear enough cap space, as trading Regehr should not be in the realm of consideration. He's too valuable, especially considering that him + Bouwmeester + Sarich are the only ones locked up past this season.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2010, 11:40 PM
theheadmata

Send a message via AIM to theheadmata
Dallas has no reason to do this trade. They get nothing they need in return (top pairing d-man or a right-shot forward) for Richards and in the process of the trade they lose their PPQB (arguably the best PPQB in the NHL last season).

Seriously, why include a team in a trade when you can't even think of why they would do the trade?

theheadmata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:01 AM
Noori

Quote:
Originally Posted by theheadmata View Post
Dallas has no reason to do this trade. They get nothing they need in return (top pairing d-man or a right-shot forward) for Richards and in the process of the trade they lose their PPQB (arguably the best PPQB in the NHL last season).

Seriously, why include a team in a trade when you can't even think of why they would do the trade?
The Flames would happily throw in Kotalik .

EDIT: Actually, not the worst idea. He's a good player, just overpaid by about 1 million. Hits a lot, booming shot and would be pretty good on the Dallas PP.

Noori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:13 AM
Rpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazu View Post
Quote:

No it doesn't. Look at what San Jose gave up for Joe Thorton.
It's so funny how people bring up that horrible trade as some kinda comparison to what a franchise center is worth.

Rpro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:15 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollo71426 View Post
caps traded their 2011 2nd rounder for Joe Corvo. Otherwise I would definitely do that deal (from caps perspective)!
I still don't like to give up Fleischmann in this deal if I'm the Caps.

Calgary doesn't lose this thing either though. They get a legit number one center, and you give up the modern day equivalent to Grant Ledyard (with less offensive awareness mind you) and a couple spare parts for it.

Dallas does not require any depth centermen or left wingers.

I don't know much about Fleischmann other than Don Taylor doing highlight sets and saying, "he margarines one in." That and he has impressive numbers for a depth winger. From what I've seen of him, I do like him. I'd rather roll with Ribeiro, Benn, Wandell as my top 3 at center before throwing Stajan into the mix with his butt contract.

For whoever thinks Dallas needs to add something, my opinion is Joe should treat Sutter as he would a telemarketer..."I'm not interested"...

note: no goodbye either. click...dial tone...

Last edited by Karitimes: 08-26-2010 at 01:32 AM.
Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Rune Forumwalker

Horrible for Dallas. The only way it looks decent for them is if Regehr is coming back.

Rune Forumwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Kaen

I don't understand why people are saying Dallas needs to add, the Capitals are getting Regehr and Moss for Fleischman and a 2nd. Seems to me like they are the team that wins this hands down.

Kaen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:32 AM
Noori

It would make more sense if Washington was taken out of the equation and Calgary just dealt with Dallas because we do have what they need (A top-2 defensemen in Regehr, and RH shots in Kotalik and Moss).

Noori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:55 AM
blankall

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
Got to remember Stajan was doing that with top line mins in the Eastern conference...

Playing top line in Calgary for 27 games Stajan was at a 48 point pace for an 82 game season, and he wont be playing that much next season.
Stajan put up 55 point averaging 16:55 a game in 2008-2009.

The teams he played for last year were both messes offensively. Also being on the first line means you have to match up against the top shut down pairings on the other team. Extra minutes is good, but it won't help you if you are not getting proper support.

Stajan is a fantastic #2 centre.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:04 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Stajan put up 55 point averaging 16:55 a game in 2008-2009.

The teams he played for last year were both messes offensively. Also being on the first line means you have to match up against the top shut down pairings on the other team. Extra minutes is good, but it won't help you if you are not getting proper support.

I wouldn't go that far. Joe Pavelski / Ryan Kesler are fantastic #2 centres. Stajan is a notch below those 2. He's a good #2 centre (playing in a two-way role), or an unbelievable #3 centre, depending on how you structure your team.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:28 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
If the new numbering scheme for top centerman starts at 0, then maybe a case could be made. I can pretty well guarentee he would not assume the number 2 role in Dallas if this facepalm of a trade went down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Highlander View Post
It would make more sense if Washington was taken out of the equation and Calgary just dealt with Dallas because we do have what they need (A top-2 defensemen in Regehr, and RH shots in Kotalik and Moss).
Regher is not an ideal top 2 defenseman unless he is paired with an absolute stud PMD and he has no responsibility to make a decision with the puck on his tape beyond moving it to unnamed stud PMD. Even then, Fistric is developing into the same type of big body presense. I'd rather go after Beauchemin for a number 2 guy since it seems there is another team out east that overspends on defensemen while forgetting they could use a centermen or two.

Would rather just sign Lehtinen or Stempniak instead of dealing for any of Calgary's RWers.

Old
08-26-2010, 01:49 AM
JurassicTunga

vCash: 575
How about Ribeiro?

JurassicTunga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 02:02 AM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
I wouldn't go that far. Joe Pavelski / Ryan Kesler are fantastic #2 centres. Stajan is a notch below those 2. He's a good #2 centre (playing in a two-way role), or an unbelievable #3 centre, depending on how you structure your team.
Why?

Last 4 years:
Pavelski - 83g-178pts +11 (on one of the leagues top teams)
Kesler - 78g-177pts +11 (ditto)
Stajan - 69g-202pts -5 (on one of the worst teams the last 4 years)

Simpley...this is a case of "what have you done lately" Pavelski had a nice playoff run and Kesler had a breakout year but Stajan has proven he is NO notch behind those guys overall at all. If anything he's a better playmaker and more consistant.

Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 02:03 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

There is no reason for Dallas to do this. Stajan is a massive downgrade over Richards and Fleischmann is a LW we don't even need/want. Someone mentioned just Dallas and Calgary, but that won't work either because Regher is a D-Man we also don't need. Dallas needs someone that can move the puck and Regher, while a good shutdown, cannot do that. Also, Grossman and Fistric play the same brand of shutdown hockey.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 02:05 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurassicTunga View Post
How about Ribeiro?
He's an under the radar, quality number 2 guy. Many Stars fans (don't count me in) feel he is as good, if not better than Richards. He's on a good run the past few years and was the number one center for Dallas the last time they were considered a threat in the west. He reportedly has been made available, but I still don't see (more so don't like) Dallas settling on Regher in a one-for-one Ribeiro swap. I like a number 2 defenseman, who aside from being a solid shutdown complimentary defender, can realistically chip in 8 or 10 goals. Stars fans give Robidas a rough value review when he puts up 10G - 41P and is paid like a good number 6 defender.