HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Philadelphia-Colorado

Old
08-26-2010, 11:16 AM
hockeyfreak7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartysBetter30 View Post
Not sure if you're acknowledging the fact that Carter had surgery on both feet last season, and was pretty limp and lame in the Stanley Cup Final...

WAY too much for Carter, who seems to be injury-plagued and overpaid...
Injury plagued? Funny guy

As for this deal, well, neither team does this. The Flyers have no problems with depth. If Carter goes, the Flyers would not be looking for a deal like this.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 11:26 AM
Lier X Agerate
Avs and Wolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyMac View Post
You do realize that when he had to miss time near the end of last season when he broke his foot, that ended his consecutive games-played streak at 286 games. I don't think breaking two feet while blocking shots makes one injury-plagued.

This deal is in Colorado's favour, but I don't think either team does this. Colorado for obvious reasons, and I doubt the Flyers would as they are looking to win now, and they would have a much better chance with Carter in the lineup then Galiardi (who is good don't get me wrong).
How is it in Colorado's favour? Sherman doesn't do win now. He builds his own way and so far, that's working pretty damn well. I'm not saying I wouldn't want Carter, but I'd like to keep Gali and Hishon, plus our 2 1st rounders and our 4th (wtf is with the 4th in this proposal? So random). This deal is NOT in Colorado's favour. This kills Colorado's method of rebuilding and could pose as a problem when Andy, Duchene, RoR, Stewart, Gali, Jones and Shattenkirk want raises. The Avs don't want to spend to the cap right now and shipping off our depth is not something that Sherman wants to do.

Lier X Agerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 11:29 AM
EasyMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricjib View Post
The deal is in Colorado's favor?

How so? It's not even close. Look what you got for Gagne.
Sorry, that was a mis-type on my part, I meant Philly, hence the "neither team does it, Colorado for obvious reasons"

Although I don't think you can really compare the Gagne deal with a potential Carter deal. Gagne had a NTC and Tampa was the only destination that he would go to that could afford his salary, plus Holmgren had to move him to get rid of his salary because of other dumb moves on his part. So Holmgren tied his own hands in that deal. Plus Carter has a lot more value then Gagne.

EasyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 11:30 AM
Clyde Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricjib View Post
The deal is in Colorado's favor?

How so? It's not even close. Look what you got for Gagne.
Lol, what does our return for Gagne have anything to do with what we would expect if we traded Carter? I'm not saying this trade is fair, but one has nothing to do with the other and are completely different situations.

Clyde Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

This is ridiculous, essentially 3 first round picks and a up and coming two-way forward who looks to have Selke aspirations in his future.

I'm a big fan of Carter and thing he'll return to 40 goal form, but there's no way Colorado even entertains this idea with one first round pick in the trade.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 11:33 AM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene 9 View Post
Please tell me that's a joke right?
Seriously...serious overpayment by Philly. Colorado would be stupid not to do this......

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 11:34 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Galiardi will never be a huge offensive threat. He's an alright piece.

The two firsts would be low firsts.

Sounds about right. It's even less in theory than what Boston got for Kessel, and Carter is a better player by a decent bit.

That said, Flyers don't do it. Too many futures for a team focused on winning now. Maybe next offseason.

Colorado doesn't do it because of Stastny and Duchene. No need for them to ship out futures for a center.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 11:45 AM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post

Sounds about right. It's even less in theory than what Boston got for Kessel, and Carter is a better player by a decent bit.

That said, Flyers don't do it. Too many futures for a team focused on winning now. Maybe next offseason.

Colorado doesn't do it because of Stastny and Duchene. No need for them to ship out futures for a center.
Hana, wtf. 3 1sts, a young guy with all kinds of upside...and it sounds about right?!? Then you compare it to the kessel deal as a comparable - the same kessel deal mocked as WILDLY overpaying for Kessel. Wow.

Anyways, no way CO does this. The 2 teams aren't good trading partners.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 11:49 AM
zingbo2133

this should just be closed both teams have agreed it wont happen and that both teams do not make good trading partners

zingbo2133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Garbage Goal

Colorado says **** no.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:06 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Oh man, this is ridiculou- oh, Bretzky thread.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:26 PM
Teezax

Quote:
Last year was his first real injury, how that qualifies for him being plagued is beyond me.
As far as overpaid, 5M for a 40 goal scorer is a steal.

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:28 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:

Dude, seriously.

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:33 PM
six sigma
Thank you Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene 9 View Post
How is it in Colorado's favour? Sherman doesn't do win now.
And Philly doesn't do "win later", so the trade doesn't work for either team.

Value looks good for Philly, but the Flyers want to get back to the SCF, and sending a key scoring threat away for picks and newbs isn't going to get us there.

six sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:40 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
He is not injury prone or overpaid. You do not know what you are talking about.

If Phil was worth at leats 2 1st round picks I think Carter is worth at least 3. Maybe not from Colorado but Carters value is at least 3 1st round picks. I do not see why not.

Last edited by Kaktus*: 08-26-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:49 PM
Lier X Agerate
Avs and Wolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyMac View Post
Sorry, that was a mis-type on my part, I meant Philly, hence the "neither team does it, Colorado for obvious reasons"

Although I don't think you can really compare the Gagne deal with a potential Carter deal. Gagne had a NTC and Tampa was the only destination that he would go to that could afford his salary, plus Holmgren had to move him to get rid of his salary because of other dumb moves on his part. So Holmgren tied his own hands in that deal. Plus Carter has a lot more value then Gagne.
Okay that makes more sense now.

Old
08-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Lier X Agerate
Avs and Wolves

Quote:

Well you left out the 3rd 1st in Hishon...

Even then, Carter is NOT worth a pretty good top six 2 way forward in Gali, Hishon AND 2 more 1st rounders! Lay off your crack pipe Chris, this trade is absolutely uneven.

Quote:
It's even less in theory than what Boston got for Kessel
Not really, they didn't give up 3 1st and a 2 way fwd.

I don't care how good Carter is, he's no 80-90 pt forward. Not that Kessel is either... though Carter has hit 84. Once. And hasn't come close to that again.

Horrible trade.

Old
08-26-2010, 01:26 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

I hate Carter and you guys are overvaluing Picks and Galiardi by a longshot. So you are telling me a 25 year old Big Center, who has scored 80 goals over the past 2 season who if signed to an offer sheet of 7m next year could warrant 3 1sts isnt worth mid round firsts and prospects? I mean prospects are nothing more than that and picks are never a sure thing, what is a sure thing is a player who has already proven himself. What did Philly trade for Mr Chris Pronger? Hes 35 years old I believe we gave up Sbisa (a first rounder from the season before) Lupul (A former top 10 pick), 2 firsts and a 3rd for Pronger and Dingle.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:27 PM
John Wayne Gretzky

Side note Carter was on the 3rd line due to center depth up until 08-09 when Briere missed most of the season with a groin injury and still scored 29 goals, so that **** about he only put up those numbers once arent really relevant.

John Wayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:30 PM
hockeyGod

As an Avs fan. I would only offer that up for Weber. Of coarse Doughty too but he's untouchable.

hockeyGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:39 PM
shadow1

Stastny
Duchene
O'Reilly

Yeah, Colorado needs to give up three first round picks for Carter.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 02:11 PM
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius

shocker, another shatty proposal for the Avs.

close this thread, it's way beyond ridiculous

P0ckets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Skip2myBordyloo
Maybe next year

vCash: 50
were set at center , but thanks anyways.

Skip2myBordyloo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 02:51 PM
Ulic

Unless Carter could play LW, I think the Avs could do more with what they currently have (Including Hishon and 2 firsts.) The entire reason Carter is expendable is that Philladephia has so many quality centers. You are essentially solving that problem by causing one for the Avs.

The Avs are looking to rebuild and nothing speeds up the rebuilding process like young, proven players. So, I don't think it is as much of an issue of overpayment as being the wrong fit.
Carter is great and would never truly be the wrong player, but when a team already has three young centers (one of which would have to be moved to the wing) it makes things tricky.

Besides, I'm not sure Carter is an "Avs" kind of guy (as much as I like him as a player).

But to be honest, with all that considered, if you could find a way to replace Hishon (or one of the firsts) with something a little less valuable to a rebuilding team, I'd do it.

Ulic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky View Post
So you are telling me a 25 year old Big Center, who has scored 80 goals over the past 2 season who if signed to an offer sheet of 7m next year could warrant 3 1sts isnt worth mid round firsts and prospects?
Yep, that about covers it...

Maybe someone would be silly enough to give the Flyers that kind of return for Carter, but not a team that has the center position pencilled in for the next 10 years or so with the current group. The Kessel trade is the only one that is even close to being comparable to this proposal; Greg Sherman is not Brian Burke.

Ensane is offline   Reply With Quote