HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bobby Ryan to the Blues

Old
08-26-2010, 12:51 PM
slimer

vCash: 500
From StL:
Boyes
McRae
Cole

From Ana:
Ryan

slimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grouch View Post
Really? If that is indicative of what Ducks fans think Bobby Ryan is worth, I can see this thread getting rough.
You have to overpay if you want to get Ryan from us. There is no need to, or desire to trade him. So a good young forward/dman and your top prospect. Or another young stud like Johnson, otherwise its no go.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GoldenTicket

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyesinBlue View Post
See what I mean? Totally pointless responses thinking player rights are worth NHL impact players.
So you don't think the rights to a 23 year old 6"2 winger with multiple 30+ goal seasons are worth NHL impact players. Stupidest thing i've ever heard.

GoldenTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:53 PM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
We want Erik Johnson but these players are untouchable: Getzlaf, Selanne, Ryan, and Perry.

It's so easy to turn it around.

Point being you need to give to get. You make a call (or post) to us, we tell you what we want back.
You aren't being fair at all. He listed 3 players that are untouchable where St.Louis has plenty of other players/prospects to offer.

You listed 4 players that are untouchable in Anaheim, but Anaheim has nothing else of significantly value to offer.

Big difference.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:56 PM
Force951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
You aren't being fair at all. He listed 3 players that are untouchable where St.Louis has plenty of other players/prospects to offer.

You listed 4 players that are untouchable in Anaheim, but Anaheim has nothing else of significantly value to offer.

Big difference.
I didn't realize that Visnovsky,Sbisa,Fowler,Gardiner,Koivu,Beleskey, and Lupul all have next to 0 value.

Old
08-26-2010, 12:56 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:

Big difference.

Actually St. Lou can offer a bunch of prospects who've proven absolutely nothing. So, in that example, could Anaheim. Pretty much the same, even if Blues prospects are generally ranked higher and get more hype.

But just for the sake of argument.. Sexton, Fowler, Sbisa, Gardiner, Palmieri, any number of draft picks...

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:58 PM
The Grouch
Enraged

Quote:

Big difference.

This!

Backes, Perron, Pietrangelo, Boyes, Tarasenko... There is plenty of value to be had from St. Louis without including those three players.

The Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Overkamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
Why exactly did you start this thread?

If Ryan's trade value is as low as you say compared to his value as an NHL player, Murray would have to be a lunatic to trade him.

Ryan will play in the NHL this year. He will play for the team that holds his rights before he signs a contract. To argue otherwise is... asinine.

But I guess you seem to think that because a negotiation drags into August that the Ducks should panic and trade Ryan's rights for pennies on the dollar.
Boyes, Cole and 1st or 2nd are pennies on the dollar? Are you high?

You are the exact reason why I shouldn't have started the thread.

How about Johnson, Oshie, Backes and Boyes for Ryan? Fair enough?

Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 12:59 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

Quote:

Big difference.
Gardiner, Fowler, Sbisa, Vatanen, Etem, Smith-Pelley, Holland, Palmieri, Clark aren't anything of significant value?

And I can take out Selanne too, but that's pointless to think he would be included in a trade so I mentioned him. Not as big of a difference as you think.

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:00 PM
zeus3007*

To start, either Johnson or Pietrangelo (sp?) would likely need to be involved, the Ducks biggest weakness is on the blue line, and you won't get Ryan for the Brewer's or Jackman's of the NHL. Maybe Boyes and Pietrangelo for Ryan as a starting point, fine points to be hammered out with picks and prospects.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Force951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkamp View Post

Just because the value might be equal doesn't mean the other team will even consider it. I wouldn't go above a 2 for 1 swap for Ryan. If we start taking 3-4 part deals then the value just gets all screwed up. Not to mention the fact that that deal would take scoring away from the ducks and do nothing to help our defense.

Old
08-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Sureves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
I didn't realize that Visnovsky,Sbisa,Fowler,Gardiner,Koivu,Beleskey, and Lupul all have next to 0 value.
To St.Louis? Visnovsky has no value, Koivu has very little value, Lupul has negative value (despite being a good player in my opinion), fowler/sbisa/gardiner are all defenseman: st.louis just traded away Rundblad because they had too many defenseman, so yes, no need for them either.

Beleskey, frankly, I don't know much about so won't comment.

But now, ask yourself about St.Louis players/prospects not included: they all are highly valued by Anaheim.

Sureves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:03 PM
PietroOshieLo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
To start, either Johnson or Pietrangelo (sp?) would likely need to be involved, the Ducks biggest weakness is on the blue line, and you won't get Ryan for the Brewer's or Jackman's of the NHL. Maybe Boyes and Pietrangelo for Ryan as a starting point, fine points to be hammered out with picks and prospects.
Johnson is not part of any trade discussion no matter who, end of story.

We're quite content with our core of younger players but we can also deal from our prospects, save Tarasenko probably. A deal revolving around Pietrangelo and Boyes makes more sense than anything, though the Ducks would probably have to add a little bit more.

PietroOshieLo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:

Brad Boyes, a notorious floater who scored 14 goals last year, an unproven prospect, and a middling first. Yummy.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Force951

Quote:
To St.Louis? Visnovsky has no value, Koivu has very little value, Lupul has negative value (despite being a good player in my opinion), fowler/sbisa/gardiner are all defenseman: st.louis just traded away Rundblad because they had too many defenseman, so yes, no need for them either.

Beleskey, frankly, I don't know much about so won't comment.

But now, ask yourself about St.Louis players/prospects not included: they all are highly valued by Anaheim.
No they aren't really, we could use some D help this year but unless its a potential top pairing guy we won't deal Ryan for him. So that leaves Johnson and Pretangelo. Boyes or Backes would fit in as a replacement for Ryan but past that we have a glut of top 6 forwards right now and with the expected signing of Kariya it just gets worse.

Old
Montanaheim
Go Ducks

Quote:

Well did you expect everyone to agree with you? I don't think I've seen a Duck fan agree with this proposal, maybe "they" just shouldn't be allowed to respond?

Montanaheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Overkamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Hockeystatic X View Post
And where is he going to go? A team holds his rights regardless of if he signs or not, and do you really think he is going to hold out an entire year? Ryan absolutely has the same value now as he would signed, he isnt some Russian player threatening to defect.
What is going to want wherever he goes? Is it going to be too much? Is that team going to be stuck signing him to a one year deal and then he walks into unrestricted free agency? There are multiple factors.

Old
08-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Montanaheim
Go Ducks

Quote:
What is going to want wherever he goes? Is it going to be too much? Is that team going to be stuck signing him to a one year deal and then he walks into unrestricted free agency? There are multiple factors.
He isn't eligible for 4 years..

Montanaheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Overkamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaheim View Post
Well did you expect everyone to agree with you? I don't think I've seen a Duck fan agree with this proposal, maybe "they" just shouldn't be allowed to respond?
Could you be any more melodramatic?

It has to be fair and reasonable. That's it.

"Oh, any trade for our unsigned RFA, Ryan has to start with Johnson"

Give me a break

Talk about

Old
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8 View Post
So you don't think the rights to a 23 year old 6"2 winger with multiple 30+ goal seasons are worth NHL impact players. Stupidest thing i've ever heard.
PlayerS Pietraneglo is the top NHL prospect getting his best shot at a full season and all but guaranteed he'd have one to lose in Anaheim by the sounds of things. On top of Boyes who by the way is just as capable of scoring 30+ goals and is only what 26? Oh noes that's only 5 years of high end production left!

Erik Johnson is being counted on to become a franchise defensmen, we're talking Lidstrom, Pronger, Chara, etc. so just popping into to say an unsigned player is worth someone who just picked up 2 more inexpensive years to break out and show his true value as a top pairing d-man is hardly a good read on "value of Bobby Ryan".

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Force951

Quote:
Except that he can't become a UFA for 4 more years. Ryan is willing to sign a short term deal in the 5-6 mill range right now. He just wants a chance to earn his big contract and not sign long term after only having 2 seasons.

Old
Eisen

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Hockeystatic X View Post
"We want your great young player, you cant have ours."
He will be the Ducks player when they sign him. As of now, he is in limbo.

Eisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Overkamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaheim View Post
He isn't eligible for 4 years..
Well then that's something I did not know. Thanks for the info. That certainly helps change some things.

Old
08-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Ryan isn't a UFA for four more years, unless the new CBA has different stipulations as far as when UFA privileges begin. Ryan, from even his own account, is not asking for more than five million a year, its the term that is the sticking point. I really dont think you know what you are talking about here.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:12 PM
Force951

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyesinBlue View Post
Erik Johnson is being counted on to become a franchise defensmen, we're talking Lidstrom, Pronger, Chara, etc. so just popping into to say an unsigned player is worth someone who just picked up 2 more inexpensive years to break out and show his true value as a top pairing d-man is hardly a good read on "value of Bobby Ryan".
He is being counted on to, but he isn't one yet. Ryan is a 2 time 35 goal scorer who is expected to at least be a 40-40 guy in the next couple of years. So the value between the 2 isn't nearly as far apart as you are trying to make it out to be.