HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan to the Blues

Old
08-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Static

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Static
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisen View Post
He will be the Ducks player when they sign him. As of now, he is in limbo.
As of now he is Ducks' property for four more years.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:15 PM
Overkamp

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by X Hockeystatic X View Post
Ryan isn't a UFA for four more years, unless the new CBA has different stipulations as far as when UFA privileges begin. Ryan, from even his own account, is not asking for more than five million a year, its the term that is the sticking point. I really dont think you know what you are talking about here.
Yes, I read that he wanted only a three year deal because he thinks he will be worth more as he will be a UFA (I wasn't aware that his status would be different from next year until after year three) and the Ducks want to lock him long term for obvious reasons.

Overkamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Montanaheim
Go Ducks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkamp View Post
Could you be any more melodramatic?

It has to be fair and reasonable. That's it.

"Oh, any trade for our unsigned RFA, Ryan has to start with Johnson"

Give me a break

Talk about
You started the thread stating you wanted to keep your best young players for our best proven young player. Honestly what'd you really expect?

Montanaheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Static

Quote:
Yes, I read that he wanted only a three year deal because he thinks he will be worth more as he will be a UFA (I wasn't aware that his status would be different from next year until after year three) and the Ducks want to lock him long term for obvious reasons.
If he signed a three year deal he would still be an RFA when the contract expired.

Old
08-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
Might want to go back and reread this thread. He isn't a UFA for 4 more years, so that isn't why he wants a 3 year deal. He knows his value is going to increase as he gets adjusted to the NHL. So in a couple of years he will be a 40-40 guy and worth somewhere north of 6 mill, so signing a 5 year deal in the 5 mill range is a bad move for him. He wants a 3 year deal so that he can prove his value, then when Getzlaf gets his raise, Ryan can get one too and still slot in below Getzlaf on the team salary scale.

Force951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:19 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Doesn't really help us, we would want Johnson, or maybe something around Backes and Pietrangelo.
Overpayment if you ask me, but IMO that's what it would take.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:24 PM
PietroOshieLo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Overpayment if you ask me, but IMO that's what it would take.
I discussed a deal in another thread revolving around both of those with a Ducks fan, here's what he suggested:

St. Louis gives:
Backes
Pietrangelo

Anaheim gives:
Ryan
Mitera
2011 1st

I'd rather give up Boyes to be honest, Backes is pretty well liked around here.

PietroOshieLo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:26 PM
EOM

As a Blues fan, I'd trade anyone on the roster except EJ for Ryan.

As far as prospects go, I would be very reluctant to trade Pietrangelo and Tarasenko. Those two guys have all-star potential in my opinion and I think we should hold onto them.

EOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:27 PM
The Grouch
Enraged

What about a deal based around this? Perhaps either side/both sides would need to add something, but I think this would be a good foundation to start negotiations.

St. Louis sends:

Alex Pietrangelo
Brad Boyes

Anaheim sends:

Bobby Ryan
Jake Gardiner

The Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Overkamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Might want to go back and reread this thread. He isn't a UFA for 4 more years, so that isn't why he wants a 3 year deal. He knows his value is going to increase as he gets adjusted to the NHL. So in a couple of years he will be a 40-40 guy and worth somewhere north of 6 mill, so signing a 5 year deal in the 5 mill range is a bad move for him. He wants a 3 year deal so that he can prove his value, then when Getzlaf gets his raise, Ryan can get one too and still slot in below Getzlaf on the team salary scale.
I don't need to reread anything.

I'm aware that he will be a much higher paid player after three years. See where I said: "that's why the Ducks want to lock him up long term for obvious reasons"

The obvious reasons meaning because he'll be much more affordable.

I also acknowledged in the same post that you quoted that I initally thought he was going to be an UFA after this year. I didn't realize, until someone corrected me, that there was a difference in his status for the next for the next four years..

Old
08-26-2010, 01:28 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Quote:
Originally Posted by PietroOshieLo View Post
I discussed a deal in another thread revolving around both of those with a Ducks fan, here's what he suggested:

St. Louis gives:
Backes
Pietrangelo

Anaheim gives:
Ryan
Mitera
2011 1st

IMO the Ducks are giving up A LOT there.
Ryan, Mitera and 1st would be a close deal that could get you an elite player like Malkin.

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:29 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
Ryan, Mitera and 1st would be a close deal that could get you an elite player like Malkin.
Not really.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
As of now he is Ducks' property for four more years.
As of now, Bobby Ryan is an unsigned restricted free agent.

How do you figure he is Ducks' property for four more years?

These threads are ridiculous. No offer made by any Blues' fan is going to be acceptable to a Ducks' fan, and no counterprosposal made by any Ducks fan is going to be acceptable to any Blues' fan.

The Blues do not need to trade anyone for Bobby Ryan. They need only to sign him to an offer sheet too big for Anaheim to match...

...which they will not do, because the Blues' can't afford to do that while still on the hunt for a new primary investor to replace TowerBrook.

Seriously, /thread.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:30 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PietroOshieLo View Post

St. Louis gives:
Backes
Pietrangelo

Anaheim gives:
Ryan
Mitera
2011 1st

For a Bruin fan, I follow the Ducks and Blues pretty closely. If I'm the Blues and I can land Ryan with Boyes being the center piece I'm as happy as a pig in cow ****. I am not a Boyes fan at all.

I would say, 'fair value' for Ryan is north of what Kessel returned. Ryan is a better player then Kessel and Phil returned a very good package. To me it's Ryan and a 2nd for Backes & Pietrangelo.

Backes is a UFA next season, and Pietrangelo is nothing more then a prospect, an elite prospect, but still a prospect.

Old
08-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Overkamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaheim View Post
You started the thread stating you wanted to keep your best young players for our best proven young player. Honestly what'd you really expect?
Johnson, Oshie and Backes aren't our only young players..nor would I consider them our best, talent wise (with Johnson being the exception).

I think Perron and Berglund will both be better point producers than Backes or Oshie ever will be. But the latter two have intangibles that make them more valuable to this team.

Old
08-26-2010, 01:32 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyesinBlue View Post
See what I mean? Totally pointless responses thinking player rights are worth NHL impact players.
at the same time are you going to value the "player rights" of Tim Thomas the same as Bobby Ryan. Be realistic, you have to pay something to get something. You aren't going to get a rip-off.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:33 PM
Static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post

These threads are ridiculous. No offer made by any Blues' fan is going to be acceptable to a Ducks' fan, and no counterprosposal made by any Ducks fan is going to be acceptable to any Blues' fan.

The Blues do not need to trade anyone for Bobby Ryan. They need only to sign him to an offer sheet too big for Anaheim to match...

...which they will not do, because the Blues' can't afford to do that while still on the hunt for a new primary investor to replace TowerBrook.

Seriously, /thread.

How do you figure he is NOT Anaheim Duck's property?

Old
08-26-2010, 01:34 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
IMO the Ducks are giving up A LOT there.
Are we talking about the same Mark Mitera who played eight games as a senior at Michigan, and who has a whopping 37 AHL games under his belt in the last two seasons?

Yeah, I'm sure that the Penguins are chomping at the bit to trade Malkin for a mid-range first round pick, an unsigned RFA, and a defenseman hovering on the edge of "bust" status.

Old
08-26-2010, 01:36 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
How do you figure he is NOT Anaheim Duck's property?
Maybe because his EL contract with the Ducks has expired?

Right now, he's no one's "property."

Oh, by the way, human beings stopped being the "property " of other people about 135 years ago. Look it up...

Old
08-26-2010, 01:38 PM
shadow1

vCash: 1210
Quote:

Seriously, /thread.

Maybe because they're mostly garbage.

I'm not a Ducks fan, but reading through this thread gives me a headache. Maybe some of you haven't seen Bobby Ryan play before, but I can assure you his value is much more than a deal of Brad "40-14" Boyes +.

Even worse is how people keep mentioning his value takes a hit because he's an unsigned RFA. I'm pretty sure Anaheim will take the multiple first round draft picks before they dish Ryan out for a low ball offer.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:39 PM
EOM

My proposal:

Backes
Sonne or McRae
1st or 2nd round pick

for Ryan

EOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:39 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
at the same time are you going to value the "player rights" of Tim Thomas the same as Bobby Ryan. Be realistic, you have to pay something to get something. You aren't going to get a rip-off.
I get Pietro + being a realistic offer; or even Boyes + since it's kind of weird to assume he can't score 30+ again but Bobby Ryan will do so each and every year. Still if we don't sign him they have a lot more to show for it with that package than one with picks or prospects a few years away.

Honestly, I don't see us being the right partner simply because we don't have enough top 4 dmen to offer a balanced package that includes a team need.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:41 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
For a Bruin fan, I follow the Ducks and Blues pretty closely. If I'm the Blues and I can land Ryan with Boyes being the center piece I'm as happy as a pig in cow ****. I am not a Boyes fan at all.

I would say, 'fair value' for Ryan is north of what Kessel returned. Ryan is a better player then Kessel and Phil returned a very good package. To me it's Ryan and a 2nd for Backes & Pietrangelo.

Backes is a UFA next season, and Pietrangelo is nothing more then a prospect, an elite prospect, but still a prospect.
I don't think St.Louis would moves Backes AND Pietrangelo for Ryan. Backes though not the scorer Ryan is, is a more complete player and I thiunk the Blues see him as pretty close to untoucheable.

Wether the Ducks will admit it or not, the fact that Ryan and his agent are playing hardball in negotiations does affect his value versus Backes and Pietrangelo who are signed already and for less.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Static

Quote:
Maybe because his EL contract with the Ducks has expired?

Right now, he's no one's "property."

Oh, by the way, human beings stopped being the "property " of other people about 135 years ago. Look it up...
Except there is no feasible way Ryan signs with any other team without compensation coming to Anaheim unless he plays overseas. I kind of view that as his professional rights are owned by the Ducks. If you would like to nitpick thats fine, but for all intents and purposes he is a Duck player until he signs an offer sheet which is declined by Anaheim or is traded.

And I didnt mean "property", I meant "Slave that is handsomely paid for his services". That better?

Old
08-26-2010, 01:45 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I don't think St.Louis would moves Backes AND Pietrangelo for Ryan. Backes though not the scorer Ryan is, is a more complete player and I thiunk the Blues see him as pretty close to untoucheable.

Wether the Ducks will admit it or not, the fact that Ryan and his agent are playing hardball in negotiations does affect his value versus Backes and Pietrangelo who are signed already and for less.
1. IMO, The Ducks are the ones playing Hardball. I'm hearing 3 years $4.5 million per year. Seriously? How can anyone say that's a fair offer. Ryan > Kessel, and if he signs for less, Ryan is taking a discount.

2. Kessel's agent was playing hardball last year with Boston, and in time, Kessel's agent was able to get the money Kessel wanted. And some how people think Boston got the better end of that deal, I guess that didn't really hurt Phil's trade value last year either.