HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bobby Ryan to the Blues

Old
08-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
another way to describe every bobby ryan thread. Always hard to make decent proposal when everyone is "untouchable" though.

IMO, Backes + Pietrangelo for Ryan + is a decent start. The + has to be more than Mitera that I offered though, but its not as bad as youre making it seem.
No it absolutely does not. There shouldn't be a + from our side to begin with. I love David Backes, but he is simply a gritty glue guy who is a UFA at the end of this season. Backes and Pietrangelo for Ryan is close value-wise, but still a bit of a loss for us, so there's no way Mitera or something even more valuable gets added. And hockey-wise, that is such an unnecessary trade to make, considering Backes is a major downgrade offensively now and in the future, and we don't need Pietrangelo. Like I said earlier, only makes sense if we can expand it to add a defenseman like Jackman or Brewer.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 07:17 PM
SephF
5-14-6-1

Something surrounding Ryan for Johnson is the only way I can see a trade going down.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 07:17 PM
underslept
"well-informed"

In any trade, in case any of you are unaware, the team with the asset wants as much as possible in return and the team trading for said player wants to give up as little as possible.

Ryan for Boyes and Sonne

This is adequate compensation. The Ducks receive a scoring forward who has shown he can score as well, if not better than Ryan and a tenacious, two-way scoring forward with a lot of potential.

If the Blues need to add more, we're trading for Corey Perry or Ryan Getzlaf and are no longer concerned with Bobby Ryan's inflated value.

underslept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 07:19 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
Thats just the risk in any trade involving prospects and picks.

Devil's advocate...what happens if Ryan has injury problems in a year?

There is risk involved in any move.
That's a terrible devil's advocate. What happens if Pietrangelo has injury problems in a year? There's absolutely no reason to think that either guy will have injury problems, that kind of thing is a risk in any deal, and you can't put anything into it, because more often than not you'd never see it coming, and more often than not it doesn't pan out. However, there is a lot of reason to believe a prospect won't quite pan out and reach his full potential. Bobby Ryan is a proven commodity, Pietrangelo isn't in the slightest, it's not hard to understand.

Old
08-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
i wouldnt do the trade from a Blues perspective either honestly, im just trying to give what I personally think is around fair value.

If i was St. Louis, i wouldnt be going after Ryan at all, you guys have a very good looking core for the future, and I would sacrifice the assets it would take to get Bobbym when you really dont need him.

Just my opinion though, Im not sure how Blues fans feel
Me either, some fans just see a top player possibly available (not matter how faint the possibility) and get all starry eyed. Its not worth giving up what we would need to get Ryan. Nor does it seem in the best interest of the Ducks to send Ryan packing.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 07:39 PM
c4rcy
Power lvls over 9000

underslept... really?

Boyes' scored 14 goals last year . Sonne managed 24 points in a full AHL season.

You're telling me our young 30-goal star talent with potential of hitting 40 in his 3rd NHL season is worth those two?

Hmmm...credibility questionable.

c4rcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 07:41 PM
Sean Garrity
Shut up and Dance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by underslept View Post
In any trade, in case any of you are unaware, the team with the asset wants as much as possible in return and the team trading for said player wants to give up as little as possible.

Ryan for Boyes and Sonne

This is adequate compensation. The Ducks receive a scoring forward who has shown he can score as well, if not better than Ryan and a tenacious, two-way scoring forward with a lot of potential.

If the Blues need to add more, we're trading for Corey Perry or Ryan Getzlaf and are no longer concerned with Bobby Ryan's inflated value.
Ducks would want defensive help... not offensive. Cool story though.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Celtic Note
Not in Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
underslept... really?

Boyes' scored 14 goals last year . Sonne managed 24 points in a full AHL season.

You're telling me our young 30-goal star talent with potential of hitting 40 in his 3rd NHL season is worth those two?

Boyes is capable of 40 goals. He has scored 26, 43 and 33 goals in a season before.

But the Blues would have to add to this proposal for sure.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 07:53 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
I'm going to post in 3 parts. First a typical proposal, then an attempt to turn this question on its head.

1) My "typical" proposal. Ryan + borderline defenseman (your pick of Mikkelson, Festerling, Syvret, the warm body throw in type) for Jackman, Berglund, and a forward prospect like Tarasenko.

2) My question to Ducks fans: If you had to trade Ryan and furthermore had to trade him solely for picks, what would you realistically expect? Pretend that the picks are mid-round (~15), and this is an average draft. If it helps, pretend that the Ducks can later deal the picks for whatever roster help you want.

IMO, I would expect roughly 3 1st round picks for Ryan. Maybe 3 firsts and a second. That's a lot of value, but not unprecedented. Pronger 2 netted us ~4 firsts and a 2nd (Sbisa is worth roughly 2 firsts, 2 more firsts, and Lupul might be worth about a 2nd if he had no injury issues).

3) Blues fans: now wait a little bit until you see a Ducks fan average... but now say you were dealing for the picks Ducks fans say they want. What from your team would you expect to get moved for those picks? Make it 2 pieces of value, or 2 and a pick.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 08:02 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
No it absolutely does not. There shouldn't be a + from our side to begin with. I love David Backes, but he is simply a gritty glue guy who is a UFA at the end of this season. Backes and Pietrangelo for Ryan is close value-wise, but still a bit of a loss for us, so there's no way Mitera or something even more valuable gets added. And hockey-wise, that is such an unnecessary trade to make, considering Backes is a major downgrade offensively now and in the future, and we don't need Pietrangelo. Like I said earlier, only makes sense if we can expand it to add a defenseman like Jackman or Brewer.
didnt know that Backes was a UFA at years end, definitely brings down the value. Value wise i wouldve done this, but I thought Backes was locked up, clearly i was wrong.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 08:04 PM
fcpremix88

Perron + Polak for Ryan

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 08:09 PM
underslept
"well-informed"

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4rcy View Post
underslept... really?

Rather pathetic counterpoint.

Boyes has SHOWN the ability to score as well as or better than Ryan. So you really have no argument bringing up an off season when the previous year he scored 43 goals.

Sonne would likely become the Ducks' best forward prospect, certainly their best center. It was his first season in the pro leagues and you'd have to be under a rock to not know he's got plenty of potential.

Old
08-26-2010, 08:09 PM
underslept
"well-informed"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcpremix88 View Post
Perron + Polak for Ryan
Drastic overpayment.

Old
08-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
I really, really hope Murray trades Ryan for adequate compensation. As long as its adequate, I'm cool. Adequate. Adequacy.

Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 08:12 PM
underslept
"well-informed"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarktacular View Post
My "typical" proposal. Ryan + borderline defenseman (your pick of Mikkelson, Festerling, Syvret, the warm body throw in type) for Jackman, Berglund, and a forward prospect like Tarasenko.
Jackman, Berglund, and Tarasenko should be able to get the Blues a lot more than Ryan and a borderline defenseman.

If the Blues were willing to deal that much, Ryan would no longer be the target.

Old
08-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Static

Quote:
Rather pathetic counterpoint.

Boyes has SHOWN the ability to score as well as or better than Ryan. So you really have no argument bringing up an off season when the previous year he scored 43 goals.

Sonne would likely become the Ducks' best forward prospect, certainly their best center. It was his first season in the pro leagues and you'd have to be under a rock to not know he's got plenty of potential.
I'm sure we can base something around Visnovsky for Johnson, dont you think? Lubo has SHOWN the ability to be a 70 point dman, so you really have no argument bringing up his injured seasons when he clearly has shown the ability to put up huge amounts of points and play solid defense.

Is this not adequate?

Old
08-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Static

In fact, Duck fans, why dont we entertain Jon Cheechoo as an offer for Ryan, because he's scored 56 in a season. Do we have anyone else that has SHOWN the ability to score 50 in a year? Wouldnt that be adequate enough?

Old
08-26-2010, 08:28 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Hockeystatic X View Post
In fact, Duck fans, why dont we entertain Jon Cheechoo as an offer for Ryan, because he's scored 56 in a season. Do we have anyone else that has SHOWN the ability to score 50 in a year? Wouldnt that be adequate enough?
we can pick him up for free on free agency!!! what a dynamic duo they would be . Wed be sayin Brad Who?

Old
08-26-2010, 08:29 PM
91Kadri91

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Hockeystatic X View Post
I'm sure we can base something around Visnovsky for Johnson, dont you think? Lubo has SHOWN the ability to be a 70 point dman, so you really have no argument bringing up his injured seasons when he clearly has shown the ability to put up huge amounts of points and play solid defense.

Is this not adequate?
He's hasn't even got 70 points in a season once in his career.

91Kadri91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Drastic overpayment.

Old
08-26-2010, 08:35 PM
Force951

vCash: 50
Quote:
Have to dig down to the actual image url with the .jpg.

Force951 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Have to dig down to the actual image url with the .jpg.

thank you sir

Old
08-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Static

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
67, close enough.

Old
08-26-2010, 08:38 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Kadri91 View Post
Sorry, 67 point defenseman then. He's also played at a 69 point pace. At the end of the day, the other poster's point remains. No one cares that Boyes hit 40 three years ago, his goal production has declined since and he's coming off a 14 goal season. His inconsistancy is also a big reason the Bruins traded him in the first place.

Not only that, it's pretty clear, he's not even close to being worth Ryan.

Old
08-26-2010, 08:44 PM
disorder

lol Boyes really?

disorder is offline   Reply With Quote