HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Update on Unsigned Draft Picks

Closed Thread

Old
06-03-2004, 03:02 PM
Grant Dovey

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Grant Dovey Send a message via AIM to Grant Dovey Send a message via MSN to Grant Dovey Send a message via Yahoo to Grant Dovey
Update on Unsigned Draft Picks

I just talk to the Flyers Media Services guy, Joe Klueg. He said the Flyers signed Ruggeri, released Eichelberger off their reserve list and Korovkin is a free agent. He also said Shields has 180 days to sign after his graduation.

Old
06-03-2004, 03:11 PM
Rex88

So Korovkin does not reenter the draft - are they planning on signing him??

Old
06-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Grant Dovey

Send a message via ICQ to Grant Dovey Send a message via AIM to Grant Dovey Send a message via MSN to Grant Dovey Send a message via Yahoo to Grant Dovey
They would have signed him.

Old
06-03-2004, 03:26 PM
Pontifex Maximus*

Don't all CHL players that aren't signed after 2 years re-enter the draft? Or is he a FA because he's from Europe?

Old
06-03-2004, 05:29 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus
Don't all CHL players that aren't signed after 2 years re-enter the draft? Or is he a FA because he's from Europe?
he was 19 when he was drafted. You only re-enter the draft if you opt in when you're 18 (or whatever the cut off date is). If you're 19, and going to be 21, you're a UFA.

Wouldn't be so shocked if we still signed him. Since he's not going back into the draft, we can still throw some offers

Old
06-03-2004, 05:47 PM
RoDu

would he make less if he was signed now rather than prior to the deadline? could it be just a money thing? I just don't get why we would not sign Korovkin, it's not like we're knee deep in good defensman prospects

Old
06-04-2004, 07:19 AM
Cuiff

Why let Korovkin walk? I don't know much about him but the HF report on him seemed promising. I wonder if something happened behind the scene that we don't know about!?!

Old
06-04-2004, 08:41 AM
Pontifex Maximus*

We have to consider here that the Flyers scouts probably know a little more than the guy independent scouts (HF etc). Maybe they do not see NHL potential in him. Not that hard to believe.

Old
06-04-2004, 12:46 PM
Rex88

Quote:
We have to consider here that the Flyers scouts probably know a little more than the guy independent scouts (HF etc). Maybe they do not see NHL potential in him. Not that hard to believe.

I agree with you PM, the point that gets me, and likely others, is that with all the deals this past year we are very thin with legit D prospects.

On that point, is Rome from LA a UFA or does he go back to the draft. It does not look like he was signed.

Old
06-04-2004, 01:11 PM
Pontifex Maximus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
I agree with you PM, the point that gets me, and likely others, is that with all the deals this past year we are very thin with legit D prospects.

On that point, is Rome from LA a UFA or does he go back to the draft. It does not look like he was signed.
I don't think we are that thin. On the Flyers, we have Pitkanen, Markov, Seidenberg, and Johnsson who if everything works out should be anchoring the defense for a while.

And if one of Jones, Picard, or Ruggeri (and maybe some others) turns into NHL material, we are fine.

*Edit spelling*

Last edited by Pontifex Maximus: 06-04-2004 at 11:09 PM.
Old
06-04-2004, 04:07 PM
FlyerFire

with all said

we've seen this year about defensive depth-you can never have enough.i'd sign him and go from there.hopefully they will.

Old
06-04-2004, 04:35 PM
Rex88

Quote:
I don't think we are that thin. On the Flyers, we have Pitkanen, Markov, Seidenberg, and Jonhsson who if everything works out should be anchoring the defense for a while.

And if one of Jones, Picard, or Ruggeri (and maybe some others) turns into NHL material, we are fine.
I would not consider Markov and KJ young - they are in their prime at this time and hopefully will be around for many years. Pits if he can stay healthy looks like the real deal and I think the jury is still out on Seidenberg; can he physically take an entire year and play well or will he get puched around and hurt?

The other guys are a wait and see but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Old
06-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Brad*

Quote:
I would not consider Markov and KJ young - they are in their prime at this time and hopefully will be around for many years. Pits if he can stay healthy looks like the real deal and I think the jury is still out on Seidenberg; can he physically take an entire year and play well or will he get puched around and hurt?

The other guys are a wait and see but I will keep my fingers crossed.
Johnsson is definitely at an age where he could be considered still young. Athletes now are playing longer than ever, so it isn't a stretch to think he'll be around for a while.

Old
06-04-2004, 09:22 PM
Rex88

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
Johnsson is definitely at an age where he could be considered still young. Athletes now are playing longer than ever, so it isn't a stretch to think he'll be around for a while.
Semantics.
I simply am stating in previous thread that we are a bit thin at the D prospect level.
Who knows what will happen to KJ and how long he will play, maybe the Flyers will give him a 5 year 45 million dollar contract when he is 31.

Old
06-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Semantics.
I simply am stating in previous thread that we are a bit thin at the D prospect level.
Who knows what will happen to KJ and how long he will play, maybe the Flyers will give him a 5 year 45 million dollar contract when he is 31.
I agree that we have grown thin on defense, and in hindsight the original Comrie deal (and the subsequent second one) were poor moves. Things would look a lot better if we still had Woywitka.

Old
06-04-2004, 11:11 PM
Pontifex Maximus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
I didn't necessarily mean young. I just mean he could be around for another 10 years (could) and therefore there wouldn't be a need to fill his spot. Same with the other guys I mentioned.

Closed Thread