HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Update on Unsigned Draft Picks

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-03-2004, 03:02 PM
  #1
Grant Dovey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 354
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Grant Dovey Send a message via AIM to Grant Dovey Send a message via MSN to Grant Dovey Send a message via Yahoo to Grant Dovey
Update on Unsigned Draft Picks

I just talk to the Flyers Media Services guy, Joe Klueg. He said the Flyers signed Ruggeri, released Eichelberger off their reserve list and Korovkin is a free agent. He also said Shields has 180 days to sign after his graduation.

Grant Dovey is offline  
Old
06-03-2004, 03:11 PM
  #2
Rex88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
So Korovkin does not reenter the draft - are they planning on signing him??

Rex88 is offline  
Old
06-03-2004, 03:13 PM
  #3
Grant Dovey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Downingtown, PA
Posts: 354
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Grant Dovey Send a message via AIM to Grant Dovey Send a message via MSN to Grant Dovey Send a message via Yahoo to Grant Dovey
They would have signed him.

Grant Dovey is offline  
Old
06-03-2004, 03:26 PM
  #4
Pontifex Maximus*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Don't all CHL players that aren't signed after 2 years re-enter the draft? Or is he a FA because he's from Europe?

Pontifex Maximus* is offline  
Old
06-03-2004, 05:29 PM
  #5
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 114,979
vCash: 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus
Don't all CHL players that aren't signed after 2 years re-enter the draft? Or is he a FA because he's from Europe?
he was 19 when he was drafted. You only re-enter the draft if you opt in when you're 18 (or whatever the cut off date is). If you're 19, and going to be 21, you're a UFA.


Wouldn't be so shocked if we still signed him. Since he's not going back into the draft, we can still throw some offers

GKJ is offline  
Old
06-03-2004, 05:47 PM
  #6
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,589
vCash: 500
would he make less if he was signed now rather than prior to the deadline? could it be just a money thing? I just don't get why we would not sign Korovkin, it's not like we're knee deep in good defensman prospects

RoDu is offline  
Old
06-04-2004, 07:19 AM
  #7
Cuiff
Registered User
 
Cuiff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Horsham (Philly)
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,451
vCash: 500
Why let Korovkin walk? I don't know much about him but the HF report on him seemed promising. I wonder if something happened behind the scene that we don't know about!?!

Cuiff is offline  
Old
06-04-2004, 08:41 AM
  #8
Pontifex Maximus*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
We have to consider here that the Flyers scouts probably know a little more than the guy independent scouts (HF etc). Maybe they do not see NHL potential in him. Not that hard to believe.

Pontifex Maximus* is offline  
Old
06-04-2004, 12:46 PM
  #9
Rex88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus
We have to consider here that the Flyers scouts probably know a little more than the guy independent scouts (HF etc). Maybe they do not see NHL potential in him. Not that hard to believe.

I agree with you PM, the point that gets me, and likely others, is that with all the deals this past year we are very thin with legit D prospects.

On that point, is Rome from LA a UFA or does he go back to the draft. It does not look like he was signed.

Rex88 is offline  
Old
06-04-2004, 01:11 PM
  #10
Pontifex Maximus*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
I agree with you PM, the point that gets me, and likely others, is that with all the deals this past year we are very thin with legit D prospects.

On that point, is Rome from LA a UFA or does he go back to the draft. It does not look like he was signed.
I don't think we are that thin. On the Flyers, we have Pitkanen, Markov, Seidenberg, and Johnsson who if everything works out should be anchoring the defense for a while.

And if one of Jones, Picard, or Ruggeri (and maybe some others) turns into NHL material, we are fine.

*Edit spelling*


Last edited by Pontifex Maximus: 06-04-2004 at 11:09 PM.
Pontifex Maximus* is offline  
Old
06-04-2004, 04:07 PM
  #11
FlyerFire
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,290
vCash: 500
with all said

we've seen this year about defensive depth-you can never have enough.i'd sign him and go from there.hopefully they will.

FlyerFire is offline  
Old
06-04-2004, 04:35 PM
  #12
Rex88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus
I don't think we are that thin. On the Flyers, we have Pitkanen, Markov, Seidenberg, and Jonhsson who if everything works out should be anchoring the defense for a while.

And if one of Jones, Picard, or Ruggeri (and maybe some others) turns into NHL material, we are fine.
I would not consider Markov and KJ young - they are in their prime at this time and hopefully will be around for many years. Pits if he can stay healthy looks like the real deal and I think the jury is still out on Seidenberg; can he physically take an entire year and play well or will he get puched around and hurt?

The other guys are a wait and see but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Rex88 is offline  
Old
06-04-2004, 07:35 PM
  #13
Brad*
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 13,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
I would not consider Markov and KJ young - they are in their prime at this time and hopefully will be around for many years. Pits if he can stay healthy looks like the real deal and I think the jury is still out on Seidenberg; can he physically take an entire year and play well or will he get puched around and hurt?

The other guys are a wait and see but I will keep my fingers crossed.
Johnsson is definitely at an age where he could be considered still young. Athletes now are playing longer than ever, so it isn't a stretch to think he'll be around for a while.

Brad* is offline  
Old
06-04-2004, 09:22 PM
  #14
Rex88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
Johnsson is definitely at an age where he could be considered still young. Athletes now are playing longer than ever, so it isn't a stretch to think he'll be around for a while.
Semantics.
I simply am stating in previous thread that we are a bit thin at the D prospect level.
Who knows what will happen to KJ and how long he will play, maybe the Flyers will give him a 5 year 45 million dollar contract when he is 31.

Rex88 is offline  
Old
06-04-2004, 10:41 PM
  #15
Brad*
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 13,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex88
Semantics.
I simply am stating in previous thread that we are a bit thin at the D prospect level.
Who knows what will happen to KJ and how long he will play, maybe the Flyers will give him a 5 year 45 million dollar contract when he is 31.
I agree that we have grown thin on defense, and in hindsight the original Comrie deal (and the subsequent second one) were poor moves. Things would look a lot better if we still had Woywitka.

Brad* is offline  
Old
06-04-2004, 11:11 PM
  #16
Pontifex Maximus*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersPhantoms33
Johnsson is definitely at an age where he could be considered still young. Athletes now are playing longer than ever, so it isn't a stretch to think he'll be around for a while.
I didn't necessarily mean young. I just mean he could be around for another 10 years (could) and therefore there wouldn't be a need to fill his spot. Same with the other guys I mentioned.

Pontifex Maximus* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.