HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBC To Air More Montreal Games Than Any Other Team

Old
08-29-2010, 10:54 AM
Lucius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGREEK88 View Post
CBC shows more Hab games then TSN. A lot of it has to do to what they own rights to show. But if TSN has Leafs or Habs head to head you bet the Leafs are on. But in the end the more hockey the better.
Yes and no, I mean look at the schedule. They are not sending crews to those 13 extra Hab games solely for fun.

In Quebec they will get those games and I'd imagine a few of the all-Canadian ones will definitely go everywhere save Toronto.

As others have said: If you're in Toronto, you're being unreasonable if you expect them to show Habs over Leafs. I'd just like to see a more equitable distribution in neutral territory (Maritimes and West).

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 01:05 PM
DAGREEK88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Yes and no, I mean look at the schedule. They are not sending crews to those 13 extra Hab games solely for fun.

In Quebec they will get those games and I'd imagine a few of the all-Canadian ones will definitely go everywhere save Toronto.

As others have said: If you're in Toronto, you're being unreasonable if you expect them to show Habs over Leafs. I'd just like to see a more equitable distribution in neutral territory (Maritimes and West).
In neutral regions itís all about how much games will make the station the most money and no matter how bad they are the Leafs make them the money. All 3 teams out west you have to pay per view at an average of $14 per game just to watch in their own region for a bunch of games (Oilers $200 for 16 games in HD)(Vancouver $170 for 12 games)(Calgary $117 for 8 games)

DAGREEK88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Hockfan*

Leafs are gonna be an exciting team this year, so is Montreal and Vancouver.
The other 3 teams are meh, don't care if i ever see them.

Hockfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 08:47 PM
James Duthie
Kadri is 3 Hunna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
*inserts broken record*

16 national games means 16 national games, even in Toronto.
Yay!!

James Duthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 09:37 PM
Turboflex*

bah I like it that cbc doesnt show habs, then I can switch from rds to cbc during commercials to watch a different game

Turboflex* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 03:19 PM
Ketzlaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Same...Leafs can keep CBC. I'd give up all 28 games on CBC for TSN to carry more Habs games. I guess the playoff run got them more interested.

Screw TSN and their exclusive 4$/month for HD content!

CBC all the way!

Ketzlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 05:24 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGREEK88 View Post
CBC shows more Hab games then TSN. A lot of it has to do to what they own rights to show. But if TSN has Leafs or Habs head to head you bet the Leafs are on. But in the end the more hockey the better.
CBC shows a lot of habs games that aren't in HD and only in select markets. That's worse than simply not showing them.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 09:56 PM
CBCnutcase

The 29 HNIC games is excellent. The nice surprises are the weeknight games plus two more Sunday games besides the Super Bowl Sunday game. In the 08-09 season the CBC did four Thursday games.

CBCnutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 07:41 PM
sampollock

i will be at the feb 17 game is edm

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

I've never complained about TSN. They can do whatever they want. However, I fund the CBC just like all of you, so I feel like I have the right to complain about them.

For a company that prides itself on nationalism, they sure do a crummy job of representing the entire nation. It feels like a regional network for southern ontario.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

I would prefer more games on TSN. They're the best at hockey coverage period.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 09:51 AM
sampollock

less leafs the better, as so many say the leafs are the #1 draw, what for the draft,

opps, they don't pick

then for what?

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2010, 09:53 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzlaf View Post
Screw TSN and their exclusive 4$/month for HD content!

CBC all the way!
it costs 4 $ for tsn in hd? what the ****? The guy at videotron told me i'd get it in HD if i had TSN in my package.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-12-2010, 08:49 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Might have something to do with a prodigy named PK Subban....
Ah yes, the legend of the black Bobby Orr....

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 03:38 PM
CBCnutcase

It is great to have the Habs have the most games on HNIC but, tonight's distribution is terrible. The Habs game is being shown to the Maritimes and Quebec only. Brutal! The west should be seeing this game too. The first Saturday of the new season and let the complaints begin.

CBCnutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 04:49 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCnutcase View Post
It is great to have the Habs have the most games on HNIC but, tonight's distribution is terrible. The Habs game is being shown to the Maritimes and Quebec only. Brutal! The west should be seeing this game too. The first Saturday of the new season and let the complaints begin.
I'd rather have the game with a terrible distribution on my TV than have Brunet on an internet stream or worse, nothing at all.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by expos4ever View Post
This is one LEGEND that should be retired to a museum... Is there no young talent at the CBC to push this guy out to pasture?

I remember tuning in to a couple of Habs home games featuring Cole with Carbonneau as colour-man (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz). THANK GOD FOR RDS... Hell I would even be tempted to switch to CBC's PUNJABI broadcast!
I respect was Cole has done, but his comments are too often so dumb (the right word) that he is unbearable to listen to.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 05:50 PM
McTusk

As soon as I can get rds in HD in Vancouver without Bell (can't have a dish at my apartment), I'll probably never watch a Habs game in English again. For me the whole point is that my French is bad enough to not totally follow all of the color commentaiting and intermission stuff, so when I watch it French it's basically opionless to me, which is the way to watch any sport really, I can digest the action and think for myself. It didnt take long for the cbc to get my blood boiling on thursday. And apparently that's a good thing with all the Brunet stuff I read on here.

McTusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-09-2010, 06:12 PM
HABitual

I guess it's too much to ask that all Canadiens games be aired on CBC Montreal.

Oh wonderful! I was excited to see that the Canadiens game was being aired on CBC Montreal - until I found out that Bob Cole was doing play-by-play! I thought he was a Leafs homer. Why does CBC do this??

HABitual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 01:46 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Simmons the Blackhole at the Centre of the Universe

I couldn't find the CBC thread to tack this onto:

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/col.../15720356.html

The part that is interesting:

"Department of dumb scheduling and programming: The Leafs have to be on Hockey Night In Canada, every Saturday, all season, no exceptions. It doesn't matter whether they're unbeaten or terrible. It's their show. They're the draw ... "

Is this guy drinking with Garrioch now?

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 01:51 PM
shutehinside

Maybe he doesn't realize Habs get bigger numbers and are preferred by most Canadians. He doesn't know this because hes a Leafs homer and doesn't believe there's a Canada to the east or west of the 401

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2010, 02:03 PM
MasterD

You probably didn't read the whole, there's more interesting stuff there:

"WHAT DO YOU DO WITH KOMI

Letting Jeff Finger go may have been difficult but it was probably not emotional for Brian Burke.

Finger wasn't his signing. He wasn't a player he chose or believed in. While no one wants to bury $3.5-million worth of salary -- that doesn't look good on anybody -- it had to be done for the Leafs.

The question is: What happens next time, when the decision is more personal and more difficult? What happens if it's Mike Komisarek, whose play, it seems, will never match his salary figure? What does Burke do then? Komisarek is being paid star money to be a fifth or sixth defenceman with the Leafs. Salaries aside, with everyone healthy, he may the Leafs' seventh-best defenceman and their highest paid. What does Burke do then? This year or next year? What?"

Ouch! Boy am I glad we didn't give him 5 millions or whatever he wanted? I liked him, but come on, he's no number 2... he's a glorified O'Byrne who was lucky to play with Markov. No offensive game whatsoever.

MasterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Nnelg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCareyPrice View Post
I couldn't find the CBC thread to tack this onto:

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/col.../15720356.html

The part that is interesting:

"Department of dumb scheduling and programming: The Leafs have to be on Hockey Night In Canada, every Saturday, all season, no exceptions. It doesn't matter whether they're unbeaten or terrible. It's their show. They're the draw ... "

Is this guy drinking with Garrioch now?
Simmons is one of the biggest idiots writing out there. I have no idea how he has kept his job as long as he has. He is a laughing stalk! He is so full of himself and knows nothing about what he is writing about- you should here him here in Toronto whenever he is on the call-in shows!

Nnelg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 10:16 AM
Lucius

Wow... Simmons does write for a Toronto paper, and likes to ruffle feathers, but I'll be interested to see the ratings roll in.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SJSharkie1 View Post
It takes a long time for CBC to learn new tricks. It takes 5 years to do what other TV stations would do in 1 year.
True dat. Their staff is like a broadcasting museum (Cherry and Cole) and even a 'young' one like Milbury is hard-wired to fit right in.

Not big on change.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote