HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Markstrom : "I want to be a Panther"

Old
08-27-2010, 02:07 PM
PanthersFanatic12

vCash: 500
Markstrom : "I want to be a Panther"

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...a-panther.html
What an impressive kid , class act , cant wait to see what the future holds for him.

PanthersFanatic12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 02:11 PM
joe89

Great attitude!

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 02:17 PM
TimHortons
Gud Night

Definitely excited but hopefully he channels the disappointment of not making the NHL roster into a positive(which it appears he is going to do).

I like the fact that he's still lanky, meaning he could work with Slaunwhite and put on some weight/muscle mass and become even more athletic/agile.

TimHortons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Feel the same about him as I do Guds and did about Kuli, if he earns it, he earns it. If it's best for him to be in Rochester, then he'll be there. He'll sure have a chip on his shoulder if he goes there, but he won't be pouty.

08-27-2010, 03:12 PM
FinlandPanther

i dont care what any finn says im getting his jersey this kid is going to be amazing and i love his attitude. "Im going to prove them wrong for putting me there".... awesome quote

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 03:36 PM
pb1300
#CatsAreComing

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
I know that we have had a decade of irrelevance, but damn does it feel good to be a Panther fan. We have quite the future IMO, and while Bouwmeester, Luongo, and company were suppose to be our future, I feel that Markstrom, Kuli, Guds, etc. will actually succeed.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 03:37 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Even if he earns it, were screwed. Nobody else in the NHL can afford Vokoun and nobody wants Clemmensen, so he's still going to have to go to the AHL. We can't afford to pay for one of our NHL goalies (Clemmensen) to go to the NHL, and he won't do any good sitting on the bench in the NHL, so he's going to the AHL either way IMO.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Even if he earns it, were screwed. Nobody else in the NHL can afford Vokoun and nobody wants Clemmensen, so he's still going to have to go to the AHL. We can't afford to pay for one of our NHL goalies (Clemmensen) to go to the AHL, and he won't do any good sitting on the bench in the NHL, so he's going to the AHL either way IMO.
Someone will be desperate for a goalie once the trade deadline rolls around. We might have to take on salary as well (hopefully short term), but rest assured there will be a demand for Vokoun down the stretch or once the injury bug rears its head across the league.

And honestly, I wouldn't be upset with Clemmensen in the AHL. If Markstrom earns the spot, he earns the spot. Regardless of the situation, Clemmensen is going to be paid his salary to ride the bench in Sunrise. So if he's beaten out by Markstrom, let Markstrom back up Vokoun while Clemmensen starts in Roch.

I never got the argument of "Oh, he makes too much money to be in the AHL." The player in question is going to be paid regardless of where he's playing. If he's beaten out by a cheaper option you just have to bite the bullet and play he better, yet cheaper, player.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 03:56 PM
jessebelanger

Clint: I know Markstrom wants to "be" in the NHL - but do you think he would be better served starting in the AHL or riding the pine in the NHL?

Pros and Cons to both, obviously

jessebelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 03:59 PM
afrobomber11

as long as he doesnt flop around like a fish i think he'll be pretty good

2ndly, i think if he unseats clemmenson then play him in the nhl, its not a salary cap issue in florida anyway

3rdly, quit your *****ing about luongo and j-bo, they went there, played hard and never got any support, if your new youngsters are to succeed then they need to bring in some real players, not thinking reinprecht is a top line player or expecting much out of dvorak. cmon get real

afrobomber11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 04:21 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrobomber11 View Post
as long as he doesnt flop around like a fish i think he'll be pretty good

2ndly, i think if he unseats clemmenson then play him in the nhl, its not a salary cap issue in florida anyway

3rdly, quit your *****ing about luongo and j-bo, they went there, played hard and never got any support, if your new youngsters are to succeed then they need to bring in some real players, not thinking reinprecht is a top line player or expecting much out of dvorak. cmon get real
they had no character whatsoever. crybabies.

Old
08-27-2010, 04:48 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrobomber11 View Post
-bo...went there, played hard and never got any support
lol

Yeah, disappearing after the deadline and scoring a game-tying deflection goal against your own team is playing hard.

He wasn't even a top-pairing defenseman after he wasn't traded, let alone the best player on the team.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 05:10 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
lol

Yeah, disappearing after the deadline and scoring a game-tying deflection goal against your own team is playing hard.

He wasn't even a top-pairing defenseman after he wasn't traded, let alone the best player on the team.
that might be a little much but yes he was HORRIBLE down the stretch. look how hes doing in calgary lol good riddance

Old
08-27-2010, 06:16 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

I know Marky doesn't like it, but a year in the AHL is what's best for him. Even if he truly is ready to be an NHL starter, playing a year in the AHL isn't going to hurt him. I wouldn't bet on Tallon budging.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 06:27 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Someone will be desperate for a goalie once the trade deadline rolls around. We might have to take on salary as well (hopefully short term), but rest assured there will be a demand for Vokoun down the stretch or once the injury bug rears its head across the league.

And honestly, I wouldn't be upset with Clemmensen in the AHL. If Markstrom earns the spot, he earns the spot. Regardless of the situation, Clemmensen is going to be paid his salary to ride the bench in Sunrise. So if he's beaten out by Markstrom, let Markstrom back up Vokoun while Clemmensen starts in Roch.

I never got the argument of "Oh, he makes too much money to be in the AHL." The player in question is going to be paid regardless of where he's playing. If he's beaten out by a cheaper option you just have to bite the bullet and play he better, yet cheaper, player.
Yeah, but then you have to pay the guy on a two-way contract an NHL salary instead of an AHL salary. It becomes even more unlikely when you have a team on tight budget like ours.

Old
08-27-2010, 06:30 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
I know Marky doesn't like it, but a year in the AHL is what's best for him. Even if he truly is ready to be an NHL starter, playing a year in the AHL isn't going to hurt him. I wouldn't bet on Tallon budging.
i heard he was living with tallon for now. believe me tallon has embedded in his head everything he wants and markstrom will listen to that.

Old
08-27-2010, 06:36 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
i heard he was living with tallon for now. believe me tallon has embedded in his head everything he wants and markstrom will listen to that.
He's living with Tallas, not Tallon. Heh

Old
08-27-2010, 06:42 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
He's living with Tallas, not Tallon. Heh
lol thats embarassing for me . well i had the privelage to talk to tallas at the last cookout and he sure told me how high he was on the kid and how chevrie looks quite promising as well. he told me markstrom is just amazing etc. i think markstrom is in very good hands either way.

Old
08-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
lol thats embarassing for me . well i had the privelage to talk to tallas at the last cookout and he sure told me how high he was on the kid and how chevrie looks quite promising as well. he told me markstrom is just amazing etc. i think markstrom is in very good hands either way.
That's cool, thanks for the info. I'm sure Tallas has wet dreams getting to work with a youngster like Markstrom. I like Tallas, seems from his interviews he has a good head on his shoulders. Never was a 'high talent' goalie but he never slacked and always worked hard.

Old
08-27-2010, 06:59 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
That's cool, thanks for the info. I'm sure Tallas has wet dreams getting to work with a youngster like Markstrom. I like Tallas, seems from his interviews he has a good head on his shoulders. Never was a 'high talent' goalie but he never slacked and always worked hard.
yeah he definetely loves the kid. yeah ill admit i was very skeptical of tallas before i met him but he definetely knows what hes talking about and he tells you straight up what he thinks. im only 17 so it was such a nice suprise he talked with me like 2 serious hockey fans.

Old
08-27-2010, 07:20 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Quote:
that might be a little much but yes he was HORRIBLE down the stretch. look how hes doing in calgary lol good riddance
I don't know, man. Ballard was a beast down the stretch, right? And didn't we already have McCabe? Regardless, between McCabe, Skrastins and Boynton, I'm sure at least one of them outplayed Bouw down the stretch.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:54 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
I don't know, man. Ballard was a beast down the stretch, right? And didn't we already have McCabe? Regardless, between McCabe, Skrastins and Boynton, I'm sure at least one of them outplayed Bouw down the stretch.
ehh yeah ballard actually was a beast i agree. and skrastins was good as well. yeah i actually contradicted my statement lol

Old
08-27-2010, 08:53 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

vCash: 50
Quote:
I still think about Scratches shot blocking, he was the man in that department.

JP Mick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 11:10 PM
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
I'm becoming more warm to the situation of him playing most of the year in the AHL. ,call him up in March or something.

Big pimpin' too funny MR, I was looking for a vid to post here on that but decided to pass

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 11:14 PM
CanadianPantherFan
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
I still think about Scratches shot blocking, he was the man in that department.
OT. a bit here, but those were HUGE blocks in HUGE games down the stretch.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote