HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks interested in Marc Staal

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-27-2010, 07:25 PM
  #1
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP
 
GirouxCouturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,333
vCash: 500
Sharks interested in Marc Staal

https://twitter.com/The_NHL_News

Dont know how reliable it is though.

GirouxCouturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:27 PM
  #2
JPavs8Clutchy*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bye
Country: United States
Posts: 4,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by girouxrichards View Post
https://twitter.com/The_NHL_News

Dont know how reliable it is though.

I don't believe that it's a reliable source, but I appreciate that you posted this. Thanks.

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:27 PM
  #3
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив
 
Karl with a C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 15,802
vCash: 990
Never heard of this twitter

Karl with a C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:29 PM
  #4
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn
 
USF Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DC Area
Country: United States
Posts: 20,595
vCash: 500
I don't know the validity of the source, so unless another source can confirm this, or another Mod can confirm the validity of the source, I may have to close this thread.

USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:31 PM
  #5
GirouxCouturier
GirouxMVP
 
GirouxCouturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPavs8Cluthcy View Post
I don't believe that it's a reliable source, but I appreciate that you posted this. Thanks.
Ya no problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper Archetype View Post
Never heard of this twitter
It has actually had some good things too. It called the doug Weight signing before any other source that i know of.

GirouxCouturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:32 PM
  #6
gonegonegone*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego
Country: United States
Posts: 3,338
vCash: 500
legit or not, i'd imagine it wouldn't surprise anyone DW would be interested in one of the best young dmen in the league who still hasn't signed a contract. it's kind of like saying "sharks interested in signing another dman", not exactly the thing that controversies are made of.

gonegonegone* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:36 PM
  #7
JPavs8Clutchy*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bye
Country: United States
Posts: 4,656
vCash: 500
I'm seriously excited right now...but, I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:37 PM
  #8
Evgeny Oliker
Registered User
 
Evgeny Oliker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 3,537
vCash: 500
...

Rangers fan here. I like M.Staal...a lot more than Hjalmarsson. If you are going to give up a 1st and 3rd, you might as well get a high-end dman.

M.Staal still has some untapped offensive upside and he is already excellent defensively. I think he would fit your needs a lot more than Hjalmarsson.

This kind of lineup would be solid:
Boyle - Murray
Demers - Staal
Vlasic - Wallin

I clearly would not want the Rangers to lose Staal. However, this could definitely teach Sather a lesson and hopefully get him fired. Sather has this stupid and arrogant way of low-balling good RFAs like Staal, Dubinsky and Callahan...its about time he paid for it.

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:39 PM
  #9
JPavs8Clutchy*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bye
Country: United States
Posts: 4,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
Rangers fan here. I like M.Staal...a lot more than Hjalmarsson. If you are going to give up a 1st and 3rd, you might as well get a high-end dman.

M.Staal still has some untapped offensive upside and he is already excellent defensively. I think he would fit your needs a lot more than Hjalmarsson.

This kind of lineup would be solid:
Boyle - Murray
Demers - Staal
Vlasic - Wallin

I clearly would not want the Rangers to lose Staal. However, this could definitely teach Sather a lesson and hopefully get him fired. Sather has this stupid and arrogant way of low-balling good RFAs like Staal, Dubinsky and Callahan...its about time he paid for it.
I'd give up Clowe+1st+2nd+Sateri for Staal. Future No.1 defenseman IMO.

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:40 PM
  #10
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!
 
Led Zappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Country: Scotland
Posts: 35,861
vCash: 500
This person tweeted the same thing 10 hours ago.

Sharks are interested in Marc Staal

http://twitter.com/Hockeylivewire

__________________

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:42 PM
  #11
JPavs8Clutchy*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bye
Country: United States
Posts: 4,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
This person tweeted the same thing 10 hours ago.

Sharks are interested in Marc Staal

http://twitter.com/Hockeylivewire
All of a sudden I'm really excited.

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:44 PM
  #12
Shape
Go Sharks :(
 
Shape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Across from the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 5,480
vCash: 500
"I'm very aroused."

Shape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:44 PM
  #13
JPavs8Clutchy*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bye
Country: United States
Posts: 4,656
vCash: 500
If we got Staal, dumped Huskins, and got a cheap bottom 6-er, we'd be dynamite IMO.

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:45 PM
  #14
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn
 
USF Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DC Area
Country: United States
Posts: 20,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Led Zappa View Post
This person tweeted the same thing 10 hours ago.

Sharks are interested in Marc Staal

http://twitter.com/Hockeylivewire
Ok, works for me.

The thread lives on!

And, fyi, Staal would be great!

USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:46 PM
  #15
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,417
vCash: 141
this is just a rumor that was created through speculation since:

1. DW has already thrown out an offer sheet to a defenseman.
2. Staal wants to sign an offer sheet.
3. The Sharks defense sucks.

i'll believe it when i see it, but DW would be screwing himself big time if he uses the offer sheet again. it's definitely frowned upon.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:48 PM
  #16
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,907
vCash: 50
I highly doubt DW would offer sheet another player, then again it is Sather..Eww whats he going to give up with a trade, I don't like it.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:48 PM
  #17
JPavs8Clutchy*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bye
Country: United States
Posts: 4,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
this is just a rumor that was created through speculation since:

1. DW has already thrown out an offer sheet to a defenseman.
2. Staal wants to sign an offer sheet.
3. The Sharks defense sucks.

i'll believe it when i see it, but DW would be screwing himself big time if he uses the offer sheet again. it's definitely frowned upon.
I think we could trade for him if necessary...

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:49 PM
  #18
metalmilitia650
Registered User
 
metalmilitia650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Mateo County
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
I'd say that the rangers gm is bad enough that we could get him. Maybe this is were we utilize clowe. Can we trade for rights? What would you guys give up?

metalmilitia650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:50 PM
  #19
JPavs8Clutchy*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bye
Country: United States
Posts: 4,656
vCash: 500
Supposedly he wants to re-sign...

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...he-rangers.php

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:55 PM
  #20
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 57,947
vCash: 500
SpectorsHockey had some links in this morning's blog post.

Staal is essentially at a stalemate with the Rangers WRT negotiations and was almost pleading for an offer sheet (which the Rangers claim they'll match any made) to get something in place for the upcoming season.

Spector thought that an offer sheet in late August unlikely (as so many teams have set their payroll and may be close to the cap) compared to early July.


Now, it could be that DW is talking with Slather about a trade. Have seen nothing suggesting that is happening (or isn't).

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 07:59 PM
  #21
JPavs8Clutchy*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bye
Country: United States
Posts: 4,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
SpectorsHockey had some links in this morning's blog post.

Staal is essentially at a stalemate with the Rangers WRT negotiations and was almost pleading for an offer sheet (which the Rangers claim they'll match any made) to get something in place for the upcoming season.

Spector thought that an offer sheet in late August unlikely (as so many teams have set their payroll and may be close to the cap) compared to early July.


Now, it could be that DW is talking with Slather about a trade. Have seen nothing suggesting that is happening (or isn't).
I agree with your post, but I'm pretty sure the Rangers GM is Glen Sather.

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 08:02 PM
  #22
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,907
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPavs8Cluthcy View Post
I agree with your post, but I'm pretty sure the Rangers GM is Glen Sather.
you aren't allowed to correct LS.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 08:03 PM
  #23
RainbowDash
20% Cooler
 
RainbowDash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 2,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
this is just a rumor that was created through speculation since:

1. DW has already thrown out an offer sheet to a defenseman.
2. Staal wants to sign an offer sheet.
3. The Sharks defense sucks.

i'll believe it when i see it, but DW would be screwing himself big time if he uses the offer sheet again. it's definitely frowned upon.
I'll believe it when I see it as well.

However, nobody is going to frown upon an offer sheet signing except for that team's GM (in this case, Sather).

Sather is screwing with the kid and everyone knows it.

And its not like the Sharks would be good trade partners with them anytime soon. The Sharks are not interested in picking up any overpaid UFAs anytime soon.

So, help the kid out and offer sheet away. 1 year @ $3.8m
If he matches, then who cares? At least its over with and Sather will have to deal with it again next year.

RainbowDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 08:04 PM
  #24
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,417
vCash: 141
a trade would have to give Sather value of at least a 1st and 3rd.

im not sure what they would want in terms of prospects. they have a good prospects pool, its pretty well-rounded.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2010, 08:10 PM
  #25
JPavs8Clutchy*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bye
Country: United States
Posts: 4,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrich Liechtenstein View Post
you aren't allowed to correct LS.
Oh no!

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.