Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bouchard skating, scrimmaging, aiming for start of Wild training camp

Old
08-30-2010, 01:45 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

vCash: 500
I just don't see how that puts us in a better situation; especially given how the team's personnel up front will be changing during and after the year. If Bouchard plays well, he can find a spot and if not, you can still try to do the same thing next year. And of course if he gets injured again, there's still LTIR and/or cap space which will be available.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

The last thing this team needs is a downgrade in skill. Bouchard was a valuable player with Lemaire, and he'll be a valuable player under Richards if he gets healthy. We only had three players over 50 points last year, no way we should just dump a player who averaged 56 points since the lockout.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Casper
30 goal grinder

just for funzies during the pre season I would like to see

Havlat-Koivu-Lats
Bruno-Cullen-Bouchard

It would be extremely interesting to see how both of those lines turn out. That way bouchard could slide into the top six nicely, and Mits could help create a speedy, defensively capable third line with Kobasaw and Brodz.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

At this rate, I'm not sure Bouchard plays preseason, but I would for sure like to see him in the top six, probably swap the centers though.

Old
08-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Casper
30 goal grinder

ya he probably won't but its a line combo I would to see for a game or two. I really just want to see what koivu can do between Hav and Lats. Also, with Bouchard being able to hold on to the puck and slow down play for Bruno and Cullen and Bruno feeding cullen rather than mitts out front the second line combo might just work offensively.

Just something to experiment with...more just passing time before I have to go to work.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

In my mind, I see Bruno likes to work below the goal line with the puck but Bouchard likes to work on the half wall. If Bouchard was a righty I could see that working a lot better than him being a lefty.

But yeah, Koivu led the team in shots last year, I don't think we have to worry about him passing them up. We'll see.

Old
08-30-2010, 03:23 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
At this rate, I'm not sure Bouchard plays preseason, but I would for sure like to see him in the top six, probably swap the centers though.
I disagree. I think we will easily see him in the pre-season and that he will be at about 90% of his former form.

It's been alluded to in several recent reports/innuendos with the Wild and Russo being the only one that is saying that it's only a "maybe".

I have been listening to XM Home Ice classic games in the afternoon. Doing this has shed a little bit more perspective on Fletcher's approach to constructing this roster.

During the Cup Finals of 2008, the commentators made a good analysis of the difference between Detroit and Pittsburgh. Detroit was more able to roll all four lines, with Zetterburg, Holmstrom, Datsyuk, and Franzen able to control the play in short bursts. The Penguins (which Fletcher was part of) got dominated because of the flexibility of the Detroit roster. Crosby and Malkin were gassed going into the game with the double or triple OT.

The next final in 09 saw Pittsburgh able to roll 3 good and balanced lines. They kept up with Detroit.

I don't think that Fletcher will be opposed to Bouchard being on a "third" line.

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

What worries me is he's still feeling "pressure" right now, and camp is what, two weeks away? So I'm sure he could skate with the team but I don't think he'll be cleared for contact and I'd imagine he starts a few weeks after the opener. All a guess though.

Wherever he is, I'm sure he'll contribute. If he and Kobasew get some good chem, that's fine by me. That third line is going to be an offensive black hole with Brodziak on it anyway.

Old
08-30-2010, 03:44 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
I disagree. I think we will easily see him in the pre-season and that he will be at about 90% of his former form.

It's been alluded to in several recent reports/innuendos with the Wild and Russo being the only one that is saying that it's only a "maybe".

I have been listening to XM Home Ice classic games in the afternoon. Doing this has shed a little bit more perspective on Fletcher's approach to constructing this roster.

During the Cup Finals of 2008, the commentators made a good analysis of the difference between Detroit and Pittsburgh. Detroit was more able to roll all four lines, with Zetterburg, Holmstrom, Datsyuk, and Franzen able to control the play in short bursts. The Penguins (which Fletcher was part of) got dominated because of the flexibility of the Detroit roster. Crosby and Malkin were gassed going into the game with the double or triple OT.

The next final in 09 saw Pittsburgh able to roll 3 good and balanced lines. They kept up with Detroit.

I don't think that Fletcher will be opposed to Bouchard being on a "third" line.
I agree with this take as it's also similar to how the Anaheim team which Fletcher was assistant GM was built.

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote