HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Erik Cole to Senators

Old
08-29-2010, 02:03 PM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
seriously? this again? I thought this phase passed 2 years ago.
You know nothing about hockey. I am right and you are wrong. I think Murray will acquire Erik Cole at the deadline.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 03:05 PM
innocent bystander

vCash: 500
I miss Corvo. We never knew what we had til he was gone...

Back in 06 when we couldn't re-sign Havlat I was pushing hard to trade him for Cole. If we had done that instead of the trade we did make we would have won the Cup... maybe. But to trade for him now would just be silly.

innocent bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 03:17 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocent bystander View Post

Back in 06 when we couldn't re-sign Havlat I was pushing hard to trade him for Cole. If we had done that instead of the trade we did make we would have won the Cup... maybe. But to trade for him now would just be silly.
Woulda been better than Tom Preissing, Barinka and Hennessy. That was just as bad as losing Chara

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 08:37 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

If Ottawa challenges for the division and becomes top 3 in conference. I will cry if Murray acquires COLE as his biggest asset. I want a Richards/Hemsky!

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2010, 09:13 PM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocent bystander View Post

Consiering that Erik Cole hasn't scored a goal in his last 32 playoff games (dating back to May of 2002), I doubt he would have helped in a Cup run.

Old
08-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Laoghaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Woulda been better than Tom Preissing, Barinka and Hennessy. That was just as bad as losing Chara
And Wiercioch...

Laoghaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 01:15 AM
GIN ANTONIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by imayagainknowanton View Post
Consiering that Erik Cole hasn't scored a goal in his last 32 playoff games (dating back to May of 2002), I doubt he would have helped in a Cup run.
I agree that Cole has been pretty useless to the Canes since coming back to us, but to say he wouldn't have helped the sens in 'cup run' of 07 is completely baseless and makes no sense. He was a non factor in 99% of the 06 playoffs because he only played the last two games due to Orpik breaking his neck. You know that, but if you watched the last two games (and I know you did) you know he was a force on the ice and was one of the Canes best players regardless of stats. In the 07 season he missed like 10 games or so but he still scored 50+ points (IIRC) and 20+ goals (office party tonight, too tired to look things up). He would have most certainly helped OTT in their run.

To sum up. Cole has sucked for the last 1.5 seasons. I don't believe he sucked in EDM. I saw enough of their games to see that he was working his ass off and making things happen but the team was a mess (no offense, I think a lot of Oiler fans would agree). He's lost his touch. That's the problem.

He's still got great speed and still plays (somewhat) physical. Not like he used to but he bangs it around still. He still has that one move of cutting the outside and trying to break away and make something happen, it's just not working for a variety of reasons. The main one, being it's 06, 07 anymore or NHL 2008 on PS3. He has the ability to contribute well on the ice and become close to that player again (I think) but he's hit a wall and needs to figure out another way to do things and create chances. He;s a player that ABSOLUTELY needs to b comfortable and gel in a situatio to be productive. But he's too one dimensional right now and WAY too predictable.

ok, sleep now

GIN ANTONIC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2010, 01:35 AM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAINIAC View Post
I agree that Cole has been pretty useless to the Canes since coming back to us, but to say he wouldn't have helped the sens in 'cup run' of 07 is completely baseless and makes no sense. He was a non factor in 99% of the 06 playoffs because he only played the last two games due to Orpik breaking his neck. You know that, but if you watched the last two games (and I know you did) you know he was a force on the ice and was one of the Canes best players regardless of stats. In the 07 season he missed like 10 games or so but he still scored 50+ points (IIRC) and 20+ goals (office party tonight, too tired to look things up). He would have most certainly helped OTT in their run.

To sum up. Cole has sucked for the last 1.5 seasons. I don't believe he sucked in EDM. I saw enough of their games to see that he was working his ass off and making things happen but the team was a mess (no offense, I think a lot of Oiler fans would agree). He's lost his touch. That's the problem.

He's still got great speed and still plays (somewhat) physical. Not like he used to but he bangs it around still. He still has that one move of cutting the outside and trying to break away and make something happen, it's just not working for a variety of reasons. The main one, being it's 06, 07 anymore or NHL 2008 on PS3. He has the ability to contribute well on the ice and become close to that player again (I think) but he's hit a wall and needs to figure out another way to do things and create chances. He;s a player that ABSOLUTELY needs to b comfortable and gel in a situatio to be productive. But he's too one dimensional right now and WAY too predictable.

ok, sleep now
He has zero goals and 5 assists in his last 32 playoff games that he actually played in. I'm not counting the games he didn't dress for in 2006.

Ignoring the two games against Edmonton (which he didn't score in either, but I'll give him a pass considering the circumstances), he's gone five consecutive playoff series without a goal (TOR/DET in 2002, NJ/BOS/PIT in 2009). He's also a -10 in that span, so it doesn't appear that his "physical play" (which consists of nudging defensemen three seconds after they've released the puck) is leading to many goals that he isn't getting points for.

At one point he went 21 straight games without a point in the playoffs. That's fine if you're Craig Adams on the fourth line, but quite atrocious when you are receiving the ice time and linemates that Cole has.