HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Darche

Old
08-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Darche

On the Team 990 right now, for those who care.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 11:21 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I tune in and it's over.

All I caught was him talking about Jaro.

This sounds like it's going to get good...

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I tune in and it's over.

All I caught was him talking about Jaro.

This sounds like it's going to get good...
Ha! Well basically what i caught was that he took power skating classes last year which helped him out a lot. Also, they talked about who's going to be captain and that he thinks there are a few good choices but he talked mostly about Gionta. He talked about how you need to be mentally prepared each shift, especially when you could be glued to the bench for a majority of the game. The rest was about persevering when people think you aren't good enough, bla bla bla.

Old
08-31-2010, 11:31 AM
CDNMarty

He also said it didn't matter to him whether Price signed in June or the day before training camp.

CDNMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 11:39 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNMarty View Post
He also said it didn't matter to him whether Price signed in June or the day before training camp.
I'm sure none of the players said anything, but I wonder how many of them were upset when Jaro was traded?

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I'm sure none of the players said anything, but I wonder how many of them were upset when Jaro was traded?
If Eller comes through big, they'll think less and less abourt Halak. Sam thing if Price comes through big.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 12:31 PM
Windymind

Team spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
If Eller comes through big, they'll think less and less abourt Halak. Sam thing if Price comes through big.
Halak and Darche have one thing in common beside the scoring sheet, they are both inspirational for their team mates. The story of Darche is a nice one. "never quit, do your best all the time, no matter who you are and others think". When he came in the line up last year, he saved the season.

Darche deserves to be tried this year.

Windymind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 01:04 PM
ScottFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windymind View Post
Halak and Darche have one thing in common beside the scoring sheet, they are both inspirational for their team mates. The story of Darche is a nice one. "never quit, do your best all the time, no matter who you are and others think". When he came in the line up last year, he saved the season.

What are you on man? How did Darche save the season in any way?

If anything all he saved was his own career and I don't care how hard he tried I still don't believe he deserves to be anything more then the 13th forward

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 01:06 PM
Vasculio
Booya !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windymind View Post

While he's a nice story, saying he 'saved' the season is pushing it way too far, he's not a great player by any means, he helped, but that's it.

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
I know for a fact (through discussions at the bar in town with him ) that Pyatt likes the trade and thinks Price is the better goalie.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I wish they asked him about Avtsin. I think they played together at some summer camp.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 01:59 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Good guy that is not afraid to bring his lunch pale to the rink. If some of the more talented players had his dedication, they would score a hell of a lot more. That being said, he did not save the Habs season lol.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I wish they asked him about Avtsin. I think they played together at some summer camp.
Yeah you're right, too bad. Marinaro missed the boat on that one.

Old
08-31-2010, 03:25 PM
HABitual Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Yeah you're right, too bad. Marinaro missed the boat on that one.
He missed it also when he had Francis Bouillon on last week, he spent most of the interview trying to stir garbage up about the lack of francophones on the team, and problems in the lockerroom (even though 3/4 of the lockerroom has changed since he was here). He could have gotten a scouting report on Boyd, and asked what role Bouillon thinks he should have in getting Sergei on track, instead of trying to rumor mong like he does regularly. And some posters complain about the French media, this guy is as bad as any of them on the English side.

HABitual Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 03:57 PM
Windymind

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSolutelyDbest View Post

If anything all he saved was his own career and I don't care how hard he tried I still don't believe he deserves to be anything more then the 13th forward
To many, his addition to the line up woke up the CH. The CH has started to play differently since he arrived. Many said that even new in the team, he was considered a veteran and had inspired many to change their style of play. Work hard, go straight to the net.

Old
08-31-2010, 04:06 PM
Stradale

I know its not a bit off topic.. but Darche is another Habs that will probably not find a job in the nhl after the end of his contract... like Bonk, Jonhson, Smolinski, Dandenault..

I'm tired of those guys and having them taking a spot of our youngster because of their "experience". I much rather have a White or signed Asham or Torres to fill our bottom 6 line.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 04:06 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSolutelyDbest View Post

LOL, I was thinking the same thing.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Mue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I know its not a bit off topic.. but Darche is another Habs that will probably not find a job in the nhl after the end of his contract... like Bonk, Jonhson, Smolinski, Dandenault..

I'm tired of those guys and having them taking a spot of our youngster because of their "experience". I much rather have a White or signed Asham or Torres to fill our bottom 6 line.
You'd rather have a youngster sitting in the press box?

Better to have a veteran guy in and out of the lineup - not hurting his progression as a player at this point.

Mue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2010, 04:27 PM
Windymind

time-out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
LOL, I was thinking the same thing.
Lol! I'm with you guys. I believe that if Darche plays more that 20 games this year, it is not a good sign.

And I agree in letting the rookies have more time.

I'm simply saying that last year, he revived and inspired the team over a really tough period. He helped for 8 games tremendously and the team/direction is thankful. He won his contract this year because of that and deserves to start this year.

And considering how the CH qualified last year for the playoffs, it's a bit of a stretch, but not untrue, that Darche might has saved the season