HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Poll: Blues #10 Prospect

View Poll Results: Who is the Blues' 10th best prospect?
Greg Black 2 11.76%
Alexandre Bolduc 2 11.76%
Zach FitzGerald 2 11.76%
Colin Hemingway 6 35.29%
Robin Jonsson 1 5.88%
Ryan MacMurchy 0 0%
Tuomas Nissinen 1 5.88%
Troy Riddle 1 5.88%
Curtis Sanford 1 5.88%
Dmitri Semin 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2004, 11:53 AM
degroat*

vCash: 500
Poll: Blues #10 Prospect

Nobody was going to catch Pohl...

1. Peter Sejna
2. Konstantin Zakharov
3. Jay McClement
4. Shawn Belle
5. Alexei Shkotov
6. Trevor Byrne
7. Konstantin Barulin
8. David Backes
9. John Pohl

Old
06-01-2004, 03:04 PM

Black...

Old
06-02-2004, 09:10 AM
degroat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 210
Black...
Pretty often I defer to your opinion, but I'm going to have to disagree here. Both Black & Hemingway played in both the AHL and ECHL this past year, which normally would tell me that they're at about the same level as far as NHL readiness is concerned. But, with Hemingway getting treated the way he is by Blues management, it's hard to judge Hemingway's NHL readiness by how much he played in the AHL this year. At worst, their NHL readiness is probably about the same and Hemingway has much better offensive potential.

Plus, Hemingway looked a lot better than Black last year in the scrimage tournament.

The one reason I could see Black being a better prospect than Hemingway is because of Hemingway's inconsistancy. As I've said before on the final day of the scrimage tournament Hemingway looked like a Dallas Drake with considerably more offensive talent but on a prior day, he played a completely different Reasoner-esque type game.

Old
06-02-2004, 09:29 AM
Curved Blade
Awaiting Moderation

Sanford played the bulk of games in the AHL this past season for the Cats and did quite well. He certainly should be considered a strong prospect; at least ahead of those who have yet to demonstarate anything other than future "hope".

Old
06-02-2004, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stich
Pretty often I defer to your opinion, but I'm going to have to disagree here. (rest snipped)
I voted for Black because I think there's a slim chance he could make the Blues next season in the "pest" role. It's a VERY slim chance, but he is "qualified" for that role and I do see him in that role in the not too distant future.

The only shot Hemingway has to make the Blues is to have the best camp ever seen in the history of the Blues, and even then that might not be enough. I do think that in a few years both Hemingway and Black will be on the Blues, but I see Black getting there first.

Old
06-02-2004, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curved Blade
Sanford played the bulk of games in the AHL this past season for the Cats and did quite well. He certainly should be considered a strong prospect; at least ahead of those who have yet to demonstarate anything other than future "hope".
I won't be voting for Sanford because I think he no longer fits HF's criteria for being a prospect.

I know that wasn't one of the criteria for these polls, but I'm of the opinion voting here should be done based on their rules.

Old
06-10-2004, 04:23 PM
Frenzy1

I have a point/question for those who picked Hemmingway here. I know last year, he was one of the top 3-4 prospects in the system, but I watched him for more then a few games this season and I am not sold on him (Granted he had a great finish, but part was due to his line mates - esp. Tyler Rennette). He put up good number in the ECHL, but it is a league for good players who are way undersized and big players who can't skate all that well. Most of those guys don't really have all that much to fall back on....

I talked about watching Byrne play for the rivermen and how you were drawn to his play. HE stood out on the ice and people would notice him, he was the best player on the ice when he was out there.

Hemmingway hasn't really done that for me. I have to look for him on the ice.

IMO, next season will be a make or break for him....

Old
06-10-2004, 04:29 PM
CuSa_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1
I have a point/question for those who picked Hemmingway here. I know last year, he was one of the top 3-4 prospects in the system, but I watched him for more then a few games this season and I am not sold on him (Granted he had a great finish, but part was due to his line mates - esp. Tyler Rennette). He put up good number in the ECHL, but it is a league for good players who are way undersized and big players who can't skate all that well. Most of those guys don't really have all that much to fall back on....

I talked about watching Byrne play for the rivermen and how you were drawn to his play. HE stood out on the ice and people would notice him, he was the best player on the ice when he was out there.

Hemmingway hasn't really done that for me. I have to look for him on the ice.

IMO, next season will be a make or break for him....
To tell you the truth, my voting for him had a lot to do with his out-dated HF profile. Also remember, this is for the 10th.

Old
06-10-2004, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuSa_1
To tell you the truth, my voting for him had a lot to do with his out-dated HF profile. Also remember, this is for the 10th.
It would still represent a drop of 8 places for him...not out of line based on this past season IMO

Closed Thread