SYP's 2010-11 Flames Team Preview

Old
09-01-2010, 10:48 PM
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keys View Post
If Langkow is 100%, staying here, and we have problems with our starting lineup, I can see the top 9 changing to this:

Bourque-Langkow-Iginla
Tanguay-Jokinen-Hagman
Backlund-Stajan-Glencross

The only thing I don't really like about the setup is that Backlund is on the third line, not developing properly, and that I don't know if Tanguay can supplement both Hagman and Jokinen as shoot-first players.
Why are people so convinced that having backlund play on the third line would hinder/ruin his development?

You dont have to look very far to see that it does work, examples would be the sedins, kesler and burrows.

They all worked their way up the canucks roster and now are staples in their top six and are key pieces to their offence.

Add on the fact that this years third line will be more of a scoring line than years passed and I really dont have a problem with Backlund on the third line to start the season and it will be up to him to work his way into the top six this year or in the near future.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote