HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Has anybody read the latest Blueshirt Bulletin??

Closed Thread

Old
05-27-2004, 08:08 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Has anybody read the latest Blueshirt Bulletin??

All I can say is...WOW!!!

It's the first issue after the trading deadline bonanza and it is chock full of juicy bits. The Messier dilemma, how close Sather came to getting the boot from Dolan and a breakdown of the deadline maneuveurs, a look at the upcoming draft and the requisite Dellapinhead head up Leetch's posterior article on why he should never have been traded. Among the tidbits - Dolan is looking to combine forces with Freddie Coupon and bring the Knicks, Rangers, Mets and MSG under one house to take on the YES Network. There's an article on Chad Wiseman which would make MAJIKPIXIE happy. But the best stuff comes from Ranger Rumblings - (1) PHASE II of the Ranger restructure occurs on June 30, when Dunham and Holik are candidtes for buyouts, UNLESS HOLIK GETS DEALT FOR CHRIS PRONGER!!!! (2) The Oilers can't afford Eric Brewer, but did not want to trade him during the playoff push. The Rangers are interested and Lundmark could be available, since Sather is not high on him right now. (3) The Rangers and Pens had a deal in place if the Pens had secured the top pick in the upcoming draft. Names bandied about were Lundmark, Umberger and Ortmeyer, along with the #6 pick and possibly a 2nd rounder. The Rangers are very high on Malkin and still may be talking to the Pens. (4) Among the UFAs that could be targetted this off-season is Mike Modano, a player they consider to be perfect as a leader for a young team and NOT someone that signals "same-old, same-old". Just so much stuff to chew on.

Last edited by jas: 05-27-2004 at 11:02 PM.
Old
05-27-2004, 09:45 PM
Larry Melnyk

Hey Jas, I'll second that wow...

I will not shed a single tear if Dunham is bought out, Holik is another matter..I wanted him in the 1st place, like the way he plays alot of the time, but his constant babbling without backing it up and his mumbling displeasure about a rebuilding situation maes me not care either way...And Holik for PRONGER any day of the week!!

I have no problem dealing Lundmark and I can see him dealt for another youngish player, but Brewer ain't the guy I would target..A physical D-man would be more to my liking...

Don't know if I want to give up too much to aquire Malikin, but a right deal might be acceptable..Probably rather stay at #6 and pick up a solid playe or RADULOV....

Mike Modano??? How old is he....Nah, faggedaboutit..You know he would somehow blow up in NY....

Old
05-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Lowetide

Is it possible to get a little more on the Brewer comments? or is this available online?

Old
05-27-2004, 09:56 PM
majicpixie

Send a message via ICQ to majicpixie Send a message via AIM to majicpixie Send a message via MSN to majicpixie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
There's an article on Chad Wiseman which would make MAJIKPIXIE happy.
Thanks for letting me know!

I probably won't get to read it, though. The Blueshirt Bulletin is a STH newsletter or magazine, right? It sounds like it might be the same type of thing as the Rink Report magazine my sister receives from the Sharks. Could someone please scan the article for me?

Old
05-27-2004, 10:04 PM
Prucha73

From the Blues' point of view how the hell does it make sense to trade Pronger for Holik? Maybe Rachunek/Poti+Holik would do it?

I am interested in Malkin deal though.

Old
05-27-2004, 10:18 PM
DarthSather99

Jas: yeah, I love that Paper, especially this past issue. Chock full of prospect reports which I LOVE. Also, Ranger Rumblings is my favorite part of that paper. They also say that the Rangers LOVE Malkin ....hhmmmm how many times have I said "Love" so far.....STOP!!! I'm thinking that if the Rangers and Pens had a foundation laid for Ovechukin then when not try to get the #2 pick from them using the same starting package.......Malkin is reported to be right there with the "O" man ...

Old
05-27-2004, 10:53 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
Is it possible to get a little more on the Brewer comments? or is this available online?
Not much more than what I paraphrased, LOWETIDE. This is speculation from people with close ties to the Rangers organization, but, it sounds like Brewer wants to be paid, and the Oil will have another salary headache on their hands. A side note: the article on Messier hints that Lowe has every intention of speaking to Messier over the summer about a return to the Northwest.

Old
05-27-2004, 10:58 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Hey Jas, I'll second that wow...

I will not shed a single tear if Dunham is bought out, Holik is another matter..I wanted him in the 1st place, like the way he plays alot of the time, but his constant babbling without backing it up and his mumbling displeasure about a rebuilding situation maes me not care either way...And Holik for PRONGER any day of the week!!

I have no problem dealing Lundmark and I can see him dealt for another youngish player, but Brewer ain't the guy I would target..A physical D-man would be more to my liking...

Don't know if I want to give up too much to aquire Malikin, but a right deal might be acceptable..Probably rather stay at #6 and pick up a solid playe or RADULOV....

Mike Modano??? How old is he....Nah, faggedaboutit..You know he would somehow blow up in NY....
The writers at BB made a note of how, in the last two drafts that the Rangers had a #1 pick, the player the Rangers picked (Blackburn in 2001; Jessiman in 2003), appeared in a picture in the BB's draft preview. The two players pictured this year? Malkin and Barker...Hmmm....
As for Modano, if the choice is Modano, Nylander, Lindros and Zhamnov, and Holik gets moved...well...I think the answer is simple.

Old
05-27-2004, 11:38 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

The issue is the best they have ever come out with. When I usually get them in the mail I skim through them. No this one.

Holik for Pronger has 30% chance of ever happening and Modono has a less chance than that. (but if it did WOW) Is Modono even a free agent?

The Pittsburgh deal is interesting though. The second pick in the draft is Malkin and lets face it he could be a superstar. I know the price would be steep but can you imagine how great it would be to have a bona-fide future superstar coming up in the system. The Rangers have some pretty good prospects but nobody that touches Malkin.

I think the Jagr to San Jose deal at the deadline is BS. No way do the Rangers trade Jagr. He is the only legit scoring forward this team has. He is worth every penny the rangers pay him.

There is an old John Dellipina article in it about Brian Leetch that was written in 1992. I grew up watching those teams and to think I probably read that when I was 13 years old is amazing. The article is just a Leetch bio from being to drafted to March 1992. It really is awesome.

Old
05-28-2004, 12:04 AM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
Not much more than what I paraphrased, LOWETIDE. This is speculation from people with close ties to the Rangers organization, but, it sounds like Brewer wants to be paid, and the Oil will have another salary headache on their hands. A side note: the article on Messier hints that Lowe has every intention of speaking to Messier over the summer about a return to the Northwest.
Thanks, jas.

Old
05-28-2004, 12:05 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

just a note for the sake of accuracy... Brewer can be very physical ! I think he would be a very nice addition to the rangers blueline. If the Oil has to part with him because of finances so much the better for NY if they can acquire him.
TSN lists brewer at 6'3" and 220 pounds ! 25 years old. FYI the icelanders drafted him 5th overall in 97.
the also say "Has great size and doesn't hesitate to use it. Moves very well laterally".
I would say he is just what the rangers need.

Old
05-28-2004, 12:28 AM
Prucha73

Why would we want Modano? We are rebuilding, and Modano is 34 and had a terrible season.

Old
05-28-2004, 12:38 AM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo
just a note for the sake of accuracy... Brewer can be very physical ! I think he would be a very nice addition to the rangers blueline. If the Oil has to part with him because of finances so much the better for NY if they can acquire him.
TSN lists brewer at 6'3" and 220 pounds ! 25 years old. FYI the icelanders drafted him 5th overall in 97.
the also say "Has great size and doesn't hesitate to use it. Moves very well laterally".
I would say he is just what the rangers need.

Well, Brewer has some very nice skills. He has really good foot speed and can close a gap very quickly. He can also be a little nasty, and play some big minutes.

The problem is that he's not consistent, and at 25 you'd like him to be a little farther along. Brewer's also been thrust into an offensive role on the Oilers (plenty of pp time) and despite a good shot I don't think he's every going to be that kind of dman.

He made (I think) 2.5 last year, and was probably overpaid in the last contract (one of Lowe's early signings, he's getting better).

imo, an organization getting Brewer right now would see a pretty impressive player who has suffered his growing pains elsewhere.

Hope to hell the rumor isn't true.

Old
05-28-2004, 12:42 AM
Patsrwicked

Personally I doubt the Rangers even go near Modano. And the only way he comes here is if the Rangers outbid everyone else for him. Holik for Pronger makes no sense for the Blues. If they want to dump salary, why would they want Holik?

Old
05-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
a few questions,

-what is this blueshirt bulletin and how do you get ahold of it?
-is it usually trustworthy? can anyone name some big deals or drafts its been dead on with? (like the blackburn/jessiman picture part?)

Old
05-28-2004, 02:18 AM
Prucha73

Would you do this trade: Ortmeyer, Tyutin, Josh Green, #24th?, #37 to Penguins for #2, #31, 3rd rounder about 65th overall

And then we pick Malkin and Thelen/Barker at #2 and #6

Old
05-28-2004, 02:32 AM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
ill be one pissed off fan if they can tyutin. if it were up to me, no i wouldnt agree on that deal.

Old
05-28-2004, 02:50 AM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3shirt
ill be one pissed off fan if they can tyutin. if it were up to me, no i wouldnt agree on that deal.

I don't know after seeing him play in AHL playoffs I am somewhat disappointed, he did not use his size and throw big checks, he did not lead offensive rushes and just did not appear that impressive, maybe we all overrated and overhyped him? Smrek and Kloucek appeared very good at first and see where they are now. Right now Tyutin's value is at the highest, maybe the smartest thing would be to use him to get a player like Malkin. And Thelen and Barker are likely going to be better than Tyutin.

Old
05-28-2004, 02:55 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Would you do this trade: Ortmeyer, Tyutin, Josh Green, #24th?, #37 to Penguins for #2, #31, 3rd rounder about 65th overall

No.

Green (Why would they want him?) and Ortmeyer (even if I like him) are expendable. You don't trade Tyutin. He's the one developing player we have that seems to be a core player. To me he's about the one untouchable on the team. I'd rather move up a couple slots for less and grab Olesz, then possibly move up from 24 if a guy like Shremp falls. 37th to 31st... yippe... Malkin may be awesome, but unless we really think he's Forsberg then No way give up Tyutin.

The Rangers and Pens had a deal in place if the Pens had secured the top pick in the upcoming draft. Names bandied about were Lundmark, Umberger and Ortmeyer, along with the #6 pick and possibly a 2nd rounder.

I would do this minus the 2nd.

Last edited by Barnaby: 05-28-2004 at 02:59 AM.
Old
05-28-2004, 03:04 AM
Prucha73

Quote:

make that Ortmeyer, Tyutin, Josh Green, #24th?, #46 to Penguins for #2, #31, 3rd rounder about 65th overall

Old
05-28-2004, 03:08 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
make that Ortmeyer, Tyutin, Josh Green, #24th?, #46 to Penguins for #2, #31, 3rd rounder about 65th overall
A. Does Pitt really need Ortmeyer?... Like us they have good prospect depth

B. Why in the world would they have any interest in Josh Green? We got him off waivers which means he past through them. He's had 2 good weeks in his whole career.

C. I wouldn't want to move Tyutin. You can move things around as much as you want, but unless it's a magical offer then why trade the one serious young asset that we have? I dont know how good they think Malkin can be, but to move Tyutin then he'd better be at Sundin or Forsberg good.

Old
05-28-2004, 03:09 AM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
No.

Green (Why would they want him?) and Ortmeyer (even if I like him) are expendable. You don't trade Tyutin. He's the one developing player we have that seems to be a core player. To me he's about the one untouchable on the team. I'd rather move up a couple slots for less and grab Olesz, then possibly move up from 24 if a guy like Shremp falls. 37th to 31st... yippe... Malkin may be awesome, but unless we really think he's Forsberg then No way give up Tyutin.

The Rangers and Pens had a deal in place if the Pens had secured the top pick in the upcoming draft. Names bandied about were Lundmark, Umberger and Ortmeyer, along with the #6 pick and possibly a 2nd rounder.

I would do this minus the 2nd.
They would want Green and Ortmeyer because they are cheap and young and play hard and are likely better than the likes of Eastwood and Buchberger. Also Nicklas Sundstrom was once untouchable, think about that...

Old
05-28-2004, 03:12 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Also Nicklas Sundstrom was once untouchable, think about that...
Which means...?

and Josh Green is still practically useless to them...

Old
05-28-2004, 03:18 AM
Prucha73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
Which means...?

and Josh Green is still practically useless to them...

Which means that sometimes we think too highly of our young players and tend to overlook their shortcomings. I mean I really liked how Tyutin played in NHL, but after watching him in AHL I am having some doubts. Among other things I saw Tyutin take some bad penalties, he seems to lack creativity with the puck, makes a few defensive miistakes, and I saw very little physical play from him. Maybe he is playing hurt? not sure.

I think any team wouldn't mind a guy like Green if he plays like he did, if not Green then maybe Ulmer or Heerema.

Last edited by Prucha73: 05-28-2004 at 03:31 AM.
Old
05-28-2004, 03:42 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
prucha you are annoying me and not on purpose....

its pretty obvious Tyutin has what Derek Roy and others had "NHL Syndrome", where you played at the NHL level and then got sent to the minors. You slack because you think you are better than the AHL. It happens all the time. If Tyutin played like that for an entire season in the NHL I'd agree with you, but some playoff games where he was "nothing special, just adequate" doesn't make me want to trade him. By your logic, half the Wolfpack should be used as trade bait.

Closed Thread