HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kommunication Breakdown; Deadl1nes? Kova7chuk Kruelty Kontinues

Closed Thread

Old
09-01-2010, 11:36 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

vCash: 500
Kommunication Breakdown; Deadl1nes? Kova7chuk Kruelty Kontinues

Last edited by Wingman77: 09-01-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old
09-01-2010, 11:38 PM
kyle evs48
Devilish Boy Grin

Old
09-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

The For Reals this time maybe Final Countdown (Kovy Khaos Part 17 + 2 + who knows)

Kontinue.

The latest Khapter in the Kovy Konundrum:

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devil...6I4E4y7xGbE1OP

Old
09-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

There is another thread already made.

Old
09-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

NYP_Brooksie

NHLPA is now Mike Gillis' Rocky Wirtz' and Jeff Vanderbeek's best friends. Bettman can decimate franchises if circumvention charges stick.

Old
09-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Electric Boogaardloo damn it.

Old
09-01-2010, 11:49 PM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

I give up; I cant take it anymore.

Old
09-01-2010, 11:51 PM
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfanatic View Post
Electric Boogaardloo damn it.
Maybe for one of the future 20+ threads.

Old
09-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
I think the only way the NHLPA says okay to this is if they're totally incompetent. They can't possibly give up this kind of negotiating power to save three contracts. But, since the NHLPA is totally incompetent, it's anyone's ballgame.
This is brilliant on multiple levels, but I'll share just one that occurred to me:

Donald Fehr has always negotiated for the MLBPA from the perspective that a rising tide lifts all ships. In other words, he negotiated from the standpoint of protecting his best paid union members. The thinking being that the highest paid players in the sport set the economic standard, the norm and the payscale for the rest of the union.

In this situation, Bettman is essentially dividing the Union, pitting some of the highest paid, most secure players versus the rest of the NHLPA. Yes, as you suggest, it's only three players...but it's a clear line of demarcation. Either way, the Union will be selling out players...and I would not underestimate the repercussions either way.

First shot across the bow. Bettman welcomes Fehr on board.

Old
09-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
This is brilliant on multiple levels, but I'll share just one that occurred to me:

Donald Fehr has always negotiated for the MLBPA from the perspective that a rising tide lifts all ships. In other words, he negotiated from the standpoint of protecting his best paid union members. The thinking being that the highest paid players in the sport set the economic standard, the norm and the payscale for the rest of the union.

In this situation, Bettman is essentially dividing the Union, pitting some of the highest paid, most secure players versus the rest of the NHLPA. Yes, as you suggest, it's only three players...but it's a clear line of demarcation. Either way, the Union will be selling out players...and I would not underestimate the repercussions either way.

First shot across the bow. Bettman welcomes Fehr on board.
Well, part of the issue is the league can't just void them. We'd be going to arbitration again for each of the contracts before any penalties could be issued. And, since there's no system arbitrator, we'd be looking at a multi-month (I'd bet) fight over who would be adjudicating. So this would drag months into the season.

It'd be like having the NHL lock out three players.

Old
09-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

So we're in this one? Maybe one of mine will get the nod, haha.

Quote:
Classic Devil

This whole thing smacks of a temper-tantrum. Bettman has realized he can't go after us without going after the others, so now he's going after everything. It's like a giant angry child lashing out in rage after realizing he's not getting his toys back. You wrote the ******* rules, Gary, live with them.
It's like the kid who throws a rager that trashes the house and mom and dad are around the corner. Nothing left but to push the blame onto your counterparts and hope no one notices. Crafty weasel that little ****er is.

Old
09-01-2010, 11:59 PM
Bingaling

I know I am late to the party but I have been watching all the talk.

My question is if the PA rejects to the terms and the NHL declines the Kovy contract. Cant NJ just take it back to arbitration for another hearing. I mean we cleaned up the contract in the back end of the deal which was the biggest problem with the first contract. I think that even though this is the last case scenario for Kovy to sign with the Devils its still a good chance that we would win in arbitration. And if you look at Luongo and Hossa.....they have played on an accepted contract. How could the NHL win in a hearing against those guys.

So maybe, if what I am saying makes any sense, its best for the PA to disagree to the terms and see where the chips fall in each individual hearing cases.

Thanks to everyone for all the great info by the way. I have been on a roller coaster ride these past few weeks.

Old
09-02-2010, 12:00 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

I want my Kovy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
09-02-2010, 12:01 AM
Jaysfanatic*
BJ Elitist/Hipster

You asked for it, you got it.

Old
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
1. That the cap hit on future multi-year contracts will not count any seasons that end with the player over 40 years of age. The cap hit would be calculated on the average of the salary up through age 40 only.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/devil...#ixzz0yLTDE800
i agree with this. it only makes sense

Quote:
2. That the cap hit on future contracts longer than five years will be calculated under a formula granting additional weight to the five years with the highest salary.
this has loophole written all over it

Old
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingaling View Post

My question is if the PA rejects to the terms and the NHL declines the Kovy contract. Cant NJ just take it back to arbitration for another hearing. I mean we cleaned up the contract in the back end of the deal which was the biggest problem with the first contract. I think that even though this is the last case scenario for Kovy to sign with the Devils its still a good chance that we would win in arbitration. And if you look at Luongo and Hossa.....they have played on an accepted contract. How could the NHL win in a hearing against those guys.

So maybe, if what I am saying makes any sense, its best for the PA to disagree to the terms and see where the chips fall in each individual hearing cases.

Thanks to everyone for all the great info by the way. I have been on a roller coaster ride these past few weeks.
I don't think Kovy sits through another arbitration.....he is gone to the K if this one goes badly

Old
09-02-2010, 12:02 AM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Quote:

Yes, the NHLPA would almost certainly take the NHL back to arbitration given the circumstances. But we'd be looking at a long, drawn out fight over selecting the arbitrator.

Old
09-02-2010, 12:02 AM
guyincognito

Quote:

Luongo's contract is new. It was a re-upping done during the season. He hasn't gotten paid on it yet.

Yes, I guess they could go back to arbitration but it doesn't make any sense to do so. You either have to face a league puppet, or wait possibly months, in order for the PA to screw up and find another league puppet.

I assume Kovalchuk will take a 2 or 3 year vacation if this doesn't get settled in his favor.

Luongo has no such luck.

Old
09-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
I don't think Kovy sits through another arbitration.....he is gone to the K if this one goes badly
Kovy may not have a choice. Bettman dropped the gauntlet, and if the NHLPA is going to fight them they're going to go all the way on it. He signed the contract, he may well be stuck with it.

Old
09-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

Does the KHL have an arbitrator?

Hell are they even allowed to have unions in Russia?

Old
09-02-2010, 12:04 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
I think the only way the NHLPA says okay to this is if they're totally incompetent. They can't possibly give up this kind of negotiating power to save three contracts. But, since the NHLPA is totally incompetent, it's anyone's ballgame.
i dont think so. the cba expires in 2 years, i think they would only be giving up some leverage for those 2 years

Old
09-02-2010, 12:05 AM
froods
Millerrrrrrr!!!

Well....you guys did win 1 battle today. The 1 biggest agument you had was that if the Hossa deal stood then the new Kovy deal should. Well it looks like those 2 deals are now grouped together.....your not being singled out anymore.

Old
09-02-2010, 12:06 AM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by froods View Post
Well....you guys did win 1 battle today. The 1 biggest agument you had was that if the Hossa deal stood then the new Kovy deal should. Well it looks like those 2 deals are now grouped together.....your not being singled out anymore.
Yeah, that's nice at least. I still think the league is being a ***** about this though.

Old
09-02-2010, 12:11 AM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

There is no transfer agreement so Kovalchuk could just go sign in Russia while this is being disputed.

Old
09-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Mr.Krinkle
Hello there children

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Volchenkov View Post
There is no transfer agreement so Kovalchuk could just go sign in Russia while this is being disputed.
Quote:
Dmitry Chesnokov dchesnokov

I have a feeling that if this Friday deadline gets extended again, Kovalchuk may very well end up in the KHL.

Yeah great, so we won't have him for this season, and he'll be back in time for the lockout

This really can't bode well with Kovy, he's gotta be ****ed in the head right now with all these developments. Been two months since he thought he was done and he's a "Devil for life" and it's been nothing but ******** ever since. I just hope this lights a fire under his ass and he sees this to the end.

Closed Thread