HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Bobby Ryan

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2004, 08:00 PM
dubfan

vCash: 500
Bobby Ryan

hey i was wondering what everyone thinks of Bobby Ryan from the Owen Sound Attack for the 2005 draft. He looks like he could be a very high pick in that draft. thoughts would be great, thanks

Old
06-01-2004, 08:10 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubfan
hey i was wondering what everyone thinks of Bobby Ryan from the Owen Sound Attack for the 2005 draft. He looks like he could be a very high pick in that draft. thoughts would be great, thanks

Yes he looks like a top 20 pick, imo. It's hard to say as a lot can happen over a year, but with next years draft being so strong, I don't think he'll go top 10, unless he has a great year next season. I just watched an Owen Sound/Barrie game from the end of the season, but Ryan didn't do much, it was the Brain Little show, as he had 4 goals, and 3 of them in under 6 mins.

Old
06-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Yes he looks like a top 20 pick, imo. It's hard to say as a lot can happen over a year, but with next years draft being so strong, I don't think he'll go top 10, unless he has a great year next season. I just watched an Owen Sound/Barrie game from the end of the season, but Ryan didn't do much, it was the Brain Little show, as he had 4 goals, and 3 of them in under 6 mins.
I agree, I don't really see him as a top 10 pick, but Ryan looks like he could be a potential middle first rounder. He sure is a big boy, and he has great hands. His skating seems to leave a bit to be desired though.

Old
06-01-2004, 10:42 PM
Johnny

I've only seen Ryan once, which was at the beginning of the year, obviously not enough to draw any real conclusion's...I will say though, that I was impressed with his skills... he definitely has some tools to work with...kind of reminded me of Nash, when it came to how he moved around out there on the ice...I thought he would have had a better year, pt wise...Should be interesting to see how next year goes..

Old
06-02-2004, 08:32 AM
balddog66

He'll be expected to take a leadership role in Owen SOund next year, I've seen him play a few times, he is good. OS will want the high first round money that goes to them with players drafted to the NHL...so they'll play him more. Ryan will also play for the US at the junior championships, currently he's playing in a rollerhockey league...

For what it's worth, the hockey news listed him as one of the 10 players to watch for next years draft...which even without Crosby will be much stronger than this years.

Closed Thread