HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Trading Up

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2004, 09:26 PM
kingdip50

vCash: 500
Trading Up

i understand there is no way washington will trade the top pick and i dont think the second pick is up for grabs either....but what about trading with chicago to get something like the 3rd pick to draft a guy like Cam Barker who can quarterback a powerplay which we could use and have been looking for for sometime now and resembles a little bit of Rob Blake....Bergeron showed flashes of offence near the end of last season but i feel as though we can mold Barker to be our offensive defensmen seeing as though we got Woywitka and Lynch but there more of the physical then offensive type so heres what i propose..

Picks #14 and #25 Smith and Rita
FOR
Pick #3 and Tyler Arnason

comments....

Old
06-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Oi'll say!

I think that Smith is too old for the Hawks, they'll be looking to build around Ruutu now and Smith is a bit old to fit into that type of scenario. Smith is in his prime now and Ruutu is far from it.

I wouldn't be shocked if a deal could be made involving Rita, our two 1st round picks, and their #3 but Arnason and Smith are unlikely additions.

Old
06-02-2004, 12:36 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I think that Smith is too old for the Hawks, they'll be looking to build around Ruutu now and Smith is a bit old to fit into that type of scenario. Smith is in his prime now and Ruutu is far from it.

I wouldn't be shocked if a deal could be made involving Rita, our two 1st round picks, and their #3 but Arnason and Smith are unlikely additions.

That being said, Ruutu and Rita would look good on a line together IMHO

Closed Thread