HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How about a Pho/NYR Trade?

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2004, 03:21 PM
DarthSather99

vCash: 500
How about a Pho/NYR Trade?

If it is true that Phoenix wants Schwartz they can get him with our pick. We would move from #6 to #5 preventing other teams from trading with Phoenix and taking a player we LOVE one pick in front of us. Phoenix would still get the player they want and get something in addition to it. Sather and Phoenix owner Gretzky have a good relationship maybe this is workable. Phoneix would get maybe a fourth round pick or level B/C prospect?

This all depends on Schwartz NOT being a HOT player that everyone wants to trade up to get. You know how drafts go, there's always one player that shoots up the charts the couple of days before the draft.

What do you think?

Old
06-06-2004, 03:22 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
If it is true that Phoenix wants Schwartz they can get him with our pick. We would move from #6 to #5 preventing other teams from trading with Phoenix and taking a player we LOVE one pick in front of us. Phoenix would still get the player they want and get something in addition to it. Sather and Phoenix owner Gretzky have a good relationship maybe this is workable. Phoneix would get maybe a fourth round pick or level B/C prospect?

This all depends on Schwartz NOT being a HOT player that everyone wants to trade up to get. You know how drafts go, there's always one player that shoots up the charts the couple of days before the draft.

What do you think?
I suggested a couple days ago a swap of Lundmark and the 6th fof Kolanos and the 5th. I think it makes sense.

Old
06-06-2004, 03:24 PM
rnyquist

First it was Montoya, now Schwarz? I think people are forgetting Leneveau or don't know much about him, but there's no way Phoenix in thier right minds would take a goalie #5, no way, it would be like the rangers taking a goalie at #6, a waste of a pick

Old
06-06-2004, 03:28 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas
I suggested a couple days ago a swap of Lundmark and the 6th fof Kolanos and the 5th. I think it makes sense.
not bad but Phoenix would have to have Lundmark rated higher than Kolonos in order for them to make this trade. If that's the case why do we trade him? I just think everyone is down on Lundmark for all the wrong reasons. He HAS to be given a shot, which means a full year of playing with offensive players like himself.

Old
06-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Prucha73

I think Coyotes will either take Tukonen or trade down with the Ducks. And I think Kolanos>>>Lundmark.

Old
06-06-2004, 03:31 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnyquist
First it was Montoya, now Schwarz? I think people are forgetting Leneveau or don't know much about him, but there's no way Phoenix in thier right minds would take a goalie #5, no way, it would be like the rangers taking a goalie at #6, a waste of a pick

your right, it was Montoya sorry my bad .... I've just seen Schwartz rated higher and read an article on him recently so he was the player stuck in my head.

Closed Thread