HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mathieu Carle

Old
09-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Baba Ganoush

vCash: 500
Mathieu Carle

hey guys, just wondering about Mathieu Carle's role, and potential on the Habs for the upcoming season from a fantasy standpoint.

how well do you think he will do?

i missed the draft in my league and got him by default. he is one of my main ?'s on my team.

would you take Carle over the following:

Mike Fisher
Brent Burns
Dennis Wideman
Radim Vrbata
Ryan Malone
Blake Wheeler
Dustin Byfuglien
Andrew Brunette

thanks for any suggestions. might seem obvious to drop him for any of those guys, but i know absolutely nothing about him, and don't want to drop a potentially great Dman. cheers

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
He'll play a backup role and might see some action this season while replacing injured players. I don't see him getting much PP time when he plays. He's supposed to be pretty offensive-minded but I don't see him getting much of a shot this season. If I were you I wouldn't focus my team around him if you know what I mean.

Edit: If it's a keeper league he might be worth keeping, otherwise, I would probably pick any one of those guys before Carle.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 05:20 PM
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjonnypopo View Post
He'll play a backup role and might see some action this season while replacing injured players. I don't see him getting much PP time when he plays. He's supposed to be pretty offensive-minded but I don't see him getting much of a shot this season. If I were you I wouldn't focus my team around him if you know what I mean.

Edit: If it's a keeper league he might be worth keeping, otherwise, I would probably pick any one of those guys before Carle.
thanks. like i said, i know NOTHING about him! for all i know, he could be the guy next to Markov, ya know? just wasn't sure...

if he's going to be a backup, or even bottom 4 dman, he's gonzo! just making sure he won't be a big time player this season, or expected to be. thanks again.

Baba Ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 05:22 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Haha no, he will never play in the NHL. Way too injury prone an very weak physically !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 05:22 PM
ChoseLa

I'd take everyone of them before Carle.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 05:25 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Uhhh, you're mixing up the philly d-man and our carle. If you aren't...then not sure what to say...carle may never have an impact as great of those guys.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2010, 05:26 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Haha no, he will never play in the NHL. Way too injury prone an very weak physically !
He was pretty solid in his three games last season, and played some solid defence, even being physical.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a very good career, a good two way player, with good skating, very versatile. His injuries were kind of weird, at least the two comotions, i'm not sure he's that unjury prone.

But clearly don't take in your pool, he might have a 20-30 games season, and doesn't have a calder candidate profil. Think Whitney as his ultimate cealing.

Old
09-04-2010, 05:53 PM
ScottFC

He won't even make the NHL this season

ScottFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 09:39 AM
Habs 1909

I hope you're not confusing Matt Carle (Flyers) and Mathieu Carle (Montreal). If it's Mathieu, I'd take all those players above him.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 09:45 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
He was pretty solid in his three games last season, and played some solid defence, even being physical.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a very good career, a good two way player, with good skating, very versatile. His injuries were kind of weird, at least the two comotions, i'm not sure he's that unjury prone.

But clearly don't take in your pool, he might have a 20-30 games season, and doesn't have a calder candidate profil. Think Whitney as his ultimate cealing.
Huh ? No he won't ! He will probably not even play one game this year, in MTL anyway !

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 12:57 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Huh ? No he won't ! He will probably not even play one game this year, in MTL anyway !
He'll be the 8th defencemen. Or he's gonna get traded.

Old
09-05-2010, 01:03 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
He'll be the 8th defencemen. Or he's gonna get traded.
No trade value at all. he'll clear waivers ad play in the AHL this year again.

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 01:15 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
No trade value at all. he'll clear waivers ad play in the AHL this year again.
Right handed offensive defencemen with upside dont clear the waivers.

Old
09-05-2010, 02:23 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Right handed offensive defencemen with upside dont clear the waivers.
i could see boston claiming him for sure.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 02:54 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

I hope we look to trade one of our older D if he looks good at camp. He'd share the 6/7th d-man spot with O'Byrne.

Its doubtful that he clears weavers and I hope we at least give him a chance. It would suck to see him succeed with another team after losing him for nothing.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 04:59 PM
goman

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
i could see boston claiming him for sure.
I could see Tampa claiming him. Boucher knows him and they can always use d in Tampa.

goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 05:03 PM
goman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
hey guys, just wondering about Mathieu Carle's role, and potential on the Habs for the upcoming season from a fantasy standpoint.

how well do you think he will do?

i missed the draft in my league and got him by default. he is one of my main ?'s on my team.

would you take Carle over the following:

Mike Fisher
Brent Burns
Dennis Wideman
Radim Vrbata
Ryan Malone
Blake Wheeler
Dustin Byfuglien
Andrew Brunette

thanks for any suggestions. might seem obvious to drop him for any of those guys, but i know absolutely nothing about him, and don't want to drop a potentially great Dman. cheers
If he's meant to be one of your top D he likely is Matt Carle of the Flyers like some have suggested. I'd keep Matt Carle over Wheeler, Bufuglien, Brunnette and Vrbata but not over the others.

If it's the Habs' Mathieu Carle drop him for any of the dudes on the list. I think Burns and Wideman will have bounce back years.

goman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 05:59 PM
TankEller*

Mathieu Carle will at best be a poor man's Patrice Brisebois if he fulfills his potential. I personally am much more confident in Yannick Weber. He fell under the radar last season, but still should end up being similar to Streit.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 06:09 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Mathieu Carle will at best be a poor man's Patrice Brisebois if he fulfills his potential. I personally am much more confident in Yannick Weber. He fell under the radar last season, but still should end up being similar to Streit.
Poor man's Patrice Brisebois is selling him short, i believe, he's way more steady defensivly, and comparable offensivly. I haven't seen him in the AHL, i'm just talking about his 3 games stint and his pre-season apperances.

I have a soft spot for Mathieu.

Old
09-05-2010, 07:00 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Poor man's Patrice Brisebois is selling him short, i believe, he's way more steady defensivly, and comparable offensivly. I haven't seen him in the AHL, i'm just talking about his 3 games stint and his pre-season apperances.

I have a soft spot for Mathieu.
I'd be extremely happy if he has the career Brisebois had. The guy was a top4 for most of his career and had over 1000 NHL games played. People forget that just because of his last years (were he was clearly over the hill) and the fact that he was overpaid and put in a role he wasn't fit to fill.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2010, 08:12 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I'd be extremely happy if he has the career Brisebois had. The guy was a top4 for most of his career and had over 1000 NHL games played. People forget that just because of his last years (were he was clearly over the hill) and the fact that he was overpaid and put in a role he wasn't fit to fill.
He had trouble defensivly. Brisebois was the ultimate passionate and teamate guy, wich helped him a lot. He also had the talent of puting pucks in the net on PP, and sometimes make incredible enthusiaste defensive plays, but he had many holes in his game.

While i see Carle, if he ever have a long enough career to developpe, as a top four guy who can play in all situations, but isn't overly good at any.

I might have gone over the hill a bit, but i realy don't see any comparaison. I could see a comparaison with Andy Green or a Whitney as a cealing.

Old
09-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I wouldn't mind players getting a Brisebois career, except courage. And Carle can take care of himself, he's not a wuss. If he has career in the NHL, Carle will be a type of player like Robidas.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 11:17 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
He is not at all weak physically. The guy is a tank who has had bad luck with injuries.

I am a HUGE fan of Mathieu Carle...I feel that unfortunately, he isn't going to get a spot in the NHL this year (on the Habs, anyways) but he has a LOT of upside and I think the guy has a very good future ahead of him.

Robidas is a great comparasion for him. I feel he's gotten the short end quite a bit due to his unfortunate injuries, but when he was called up he was easily as good as O'Byrne (in a different capacity).

I really, REALLY hope we hang on to him because the guy WILL be a very good NHL defenceman. Maybe not this year, but down the line absolutely.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 08:36 AM
neofury*

I have a feeling he'll be dealt and will be playing on an NHL team before seasons end. Just a gut feeling. Either him or Weber will.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 08:38 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
He is not at all weak physically. The guy is a tank who has had bad luck with injuries.

I am a HUGE fan of Mathieu Carle...I feel that unfortunately, he isn't going to get a spot in the NHL this year (on the Habs, anyways) but he has a LOT of upside and I think the guy has a very good future ahead of him.

Robidas is a great comparasion for him. I feel he's gotten the short end quite a bit due to his unfortunate injuries, but when he was called up he was easily as good as O'Byrne (in a different capacity).

I really, REALLY hope we hang on to him because the guy WILL be a very good NHL defenceman. Maybe not this year, but down the line absolutely.
I agree but I think it'll turn into one of these situations where the kid is ready to play and there simply isn't any room for him. Maybe he could take O'Byrne's #7 spot but I don't see the habs passing on OB. I think either Weber or Carle, whoever is either more NHL ready or more sought after will get traded.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote