HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Mathieu Carle

Old
09-07-2010, 11:26 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
I have a feeling he'll be dealt and will be playing on an NHL team before seasons end. Just a gut feeling. Either him or Weber will.
I hope not. I'm looking forward to carle and weber making the team. Not to mention Gill and hamrlik are off the team next year, leaving 2 spots available.

Markov-O'byrne
Gorges-Spacek
Carle-Weber

Obviously, it's not what we'd ice cuz not an experienced d core by any means but just saying even if we sign a top 4 guy, weber and carle will still have space in the top 7. I'd rather stick with home grown talent. If...the do get traded(in a package), I would hope a long term better solution is returning. Not a fan of trading youth. I'm kind of excited to see if Eller and Leblanc tear it up(one in nhl, other in qmjhl obviously) because I'm a big fan of a youth movement and look forward to all these guys making their marks eventually. There's also other notables like kristo, avtsin, desharnais and so on i'm looking forward to watch challenge for a spot in 1-2 years.

LyricalLyricist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 11:33 AM
La Grosse Tendresse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I hope not. I'm looking forward to carle and weber making the team. Not to mention Gill and hamrlik are off the team next year, leaving 2 spots available.

Markov-O'byrne
Gorges-Spacek
Carle-Weber

Obviously, it's not what we'd ice cuz not an experienced d core by any means but just saying even if we sign a top 4 guy, weber and carle will still have space in the top 7. I'd rather stick with home grown talent. If...the do get traded(in a package), I would hope a long term better solution is returning. Not a fan of trading youth. I'm kind of excited to see if Eller and Leblanc tear it up(one in nhl, other in qmjhl obviously) because I'm a big fan of a youth movement and look forward to all these guys making their marks eventually. There's also other notables like kristo, avtsin, desharnais and so on i'm looking forward to watch challenge for a spot in 1-2 years.
Subban?

La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 11:41 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Grosse Tendresse View Post
Subban?
LOL i knew i forgot someone! but you're right, that alone is 7 d-men and upgrades the D big time. Thanks.

Old
09-08-2010, 10:01 AM
ChoseLa

Quote:

Markov-O'byrne
Gorges-Spacek
Carle-Weber

Your third pairing would be hable to sustain NHL speed, they need to be paired with a guy who has at least one season derrière la cravate.

ChoseLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Pleky Roks

I don't see Carle playing for the Habs!! I can see him being dealt to another team for a pick or a late round prospect. We have too many defencemen who are all capable of playing for the Habs this season over Carle. Markov, Spacek, Subban, Hamrlik, Gill, Gorges, O'Byrne, Picard are all ahead of Carle at this point.

The Habs likely won't get much for Carle in a trade so we could see him placed on waivers and picked up by another team....but I'd rather see him packaged with another player in a trade.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 11:54 AM
neofury*

Quote:

Markov-O'byrne
Gorges-Spacek
Carle-Weber

It would probably be to a team stacked in forwards that have top 6 potential (borderline NHL ready) trading us a prospect of equal value.

We have Subban, Weber, Carle, not to mention in the future more defenseman. I wouldn't be shocked if all 3 were NHLers for their careers. I think Carle and Weber have more trade value then people think. We could probably land a great prospect for one of them, something that more-so fits a need for us. Obviously the receiving team would be in the opposite situation, their need being a young offensive D.

In essence, two teams fix a part of their system that is lacking. In our case we lack forwards with top 6 potential who are as NHL ready as Carle/Weber are. I'm sure another team with a prospect close to as ready but who need a d-man more desperately would pull the trigger.

Don't get me wrong though, Weber certainly has more value, but you get what you pay for in trades like this in most cases, in terms of potential.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 12:09 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Your third pairing would be hable to sustain NHL speed, they need to be paired with a guy who has at least one season derrière la cravate.
As said before, I missed subban so more likely:

Markov-O'byrne
Subban-Spacek
Carle-Gorges
Weber

Quote:
It would probably be to a team stacked in forwards that have top 6 potential (borderline NHL ready) trading us a prospect of equal value.

We have Subban, Weber, Carle, not to mention in the future more defenseman. I wouldn't be shocked if all 3 were NHLers for their careers. I think Carle and Weber have more trade value then people think. We could probably land a great prospect for one of them, something that more-so fits a need for us. Obviously the receiving team would be in the opposite situation, their need being a young offensive D.

In essence, two teams fix a part of their system that is lacking. In our case we lack forwards with top 6 potential who are as NHL ready as Carle/Weber are. I'm sure another team with a prospect close to as ready but who need a d-man more desperately would pull the trigger.

Don't get me wrong though, Weber certainly has more value, but you get what you pay for in trades like this in most cases, in terms of potential.
Meh, d-men are very important and like I said, with loss of hamrlik and gill next year, carle and weber will make team, one of them will for sure. They will be cheap options and allow us to upgrade in other areas.

Old
09-08-2010, 12:40 PM
Boulette Cannon

I think he's talking about Matt Carle.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Ceux de Montreal
Horrible proposal!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
Mathieu Carle will at best be a poor man's Patrice Brisebois if he fulfills his potential. I personally am much more confident in Yannick Weber. He fell under the radar last season, but still should end up being similar to Streit.
Mark Streit is a top pairing defenceman in the NHL. If Carle end up like Streit, we'll have an happy problem to solve.

Ceux de Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 12:48 PM
neofury*

Quote:
As said before, I missed subban so more likely:

Markov-O'byrne
Subban-Spacek
Carle-Gorges
Weber

Meh, d-men are very important and like I said, with loss of hamrlik and gill next year, carle and weber will make team, one of them will for sure. They will be cheap options and allow us to upgrade in other areas.

Yeah but I see us grabbing either another veteran or one of the two we already have. Hamrlik at a big discount or Gill again.

Old
09-08-2010, 01:47 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Yeah but I see us grabbing either another veteran or one of the two we already have. Hamrlik at a big discount or Gill again.
Say we acquire a veteran like mara was for us(minus injuries), that still gives us 8 nhl d-men with carle and weber on the team. 6 if you remove them. If we acquire a star like Chara:

Markov-O'byrne
Chara-Subban
Spacek-Gorges
Weber-Carle(7th and 8th, or perhaps alternating with spacek and covering injuries)

I think we still need them. Unless a great deal comes, I'll pass. In any case, we aren't gonna get a chara, seems a little unrealistic lol.

Old
09-08-2010, 02:10 PM
neofury*

You make an interesting point. Don't get me wrong I'm all for building from within, something tells me that won't be the case with one of them though. I have a feeling it could end up being one of them is ready prior to there being any room and asks to be traded so they can play.

Could be anything really, just a gut feeling though.

Old
09-08-2010, 02:26 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
You make an interesting point. Don't get me wrong I'm all for building from within, something tells me that won't be the case with one of them though. I have a feeling it could end up being one of them is ready prior to there being any room and asks to be traded so they can play.

Could be anything really, just a gut feeling though.
Well, if weber is call-up this year and potentially carle makes team as 7th-8th d-man due to having to pass through waivers there shouldn't be an issue. However, as you said, who knows...anything can happen.