HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

I found this interesting

Old
09-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Pantherfan12

vCash: 500
I found this interesting

Hey all, I was just reading through my daily hockey news and came across an article about the Devils and them having to shed salary now that they signed Kovy to a 100year contract. The article is mainly about Salvador and Zubrus being on the block, but it also does mention Travis Zajac as someone who could be traded as well.
The reason I made the post is because at the bottom of the article they go on to mention teams who have cap space and wouldn't you know it, the Florida Panthers made that list and I was wondering if anyone here would like to see a trade that would bring Zajac to the Panthers?

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/njd100905.html

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 11:55 AM
jglenn001

Send a message via AIM to jglenn001
I think the question would be if he's willing to play with us or not.

jglenn001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 12:14 PM
Weiwuer

I think there's 0 chance Zajac is on trade block. Salvador is the odd man out.

Weiwuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Pantherfan12

jglenn,"IF" he was on the block (weiwuer could be right about this) does he have a NTC ?and if so, do you think Tallon would be a good reason for him to waive it to come here? I know FLA isn't exactly CUP bound as of yet and the past 10 years doesn't really look appealing to the average player, but with Tallon at the helm and seemingly turning the franchise around, do you think that would help pursuade him to come here and want to be a part of the franchises turn-around?

Old
09-06-2010, 12:35 PM
AwesomePanthers
Go Quacks!

Just because we have the cap-space it doesn't mean we're interested. Doubt the Devils will trade Zajac, unless noone is willing to take Salvador or Zubrus off their hands.

Rather go fetch Ryan!

AwesomePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Zajac won't be traded. If they can't trade Rolston, Zubrus, or Salvador then they can do other things. They would waive Zubrus and put him in the minors before they traded Zajac.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 01:52 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post
Just because we have the cap-space it doesn't mean we're interested. Doubt the Devils will trade Zajac, unless noone is willing to take Salvador or Zubrus off their hands.

Rather go fetch Ryan!
I 2nd that, I'd rather go get Ryan too.

Old
09-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Weiwuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomePanthers View Post

Rather go fetch Ryan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherfan12 View Post
I 2nd that, I'd rather go get Ryan too.
Sure, who wouldn't.
However, they are reportedly getting closer to a deal.

Weiwuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
I think this current set of players we got are what were gonna be going into the season with. Might see a tryout or 2 given to some ex Tallon or other DeBoer players out there as UFA

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Zajac won't be traded. If they can't trade Rolston, Zubrus, or Salvador then they can do other things. They would waive Zubrus and put him in the minors before they traded Zajac.
This FTW!

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
This FTW!
Agreed. I mean, we're talking about Lou, the master of circumventing the cap.

09-06-2010, 05:08 PM
BabyJagrov

Nobody around here want Zubrus ?

The guy is really big, he has great hockey-sense, he can score, he can thrive in about any role... He is one tough opponent, even if he isn't that physical (much better than Reinprecht or Stillman)... I would love Zubrus on our roster !

I would certainly take him on my team before Steven Reinprecht !!

Trade Stillman...

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
Nobody around here want Zubrus ?

The guy is really big, he has great hockey-sense, he can score, he can thrive in about any role... He is one tough opponent, even if he isn't that physical (much better than Reinprecht or Stillman)... I would love Zubrus on our roster !

I would certainly take him on my team before Steven Reinprecht !!

Trade Stillman...
Of course we all want him on our team, but our wants compared to reality are two completely different things. Lou's a genius at circumventing the cap, and he's not going to give away any of his solid players just to appease cap constraints. What we're all saying is that, though we may want Zubrus, we ain't getting him.

If we were, Reino and Stiller wouldn't be the ones to get him. Devils are 3.5 currently over the cap, which means if Zubrus was going to be traded, it would only be to encourage a team to likely take Rolston as well, since Zubrus alone wouldn't help their cap problems, his cap hit is 3.4. Stillman's is 3.53 and Reino's is 2.05. We'd probably have to give up a lower cap hit, yet solid up and comer in order to swing such a deal.

So, Panther fans, don't hold your breaths.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 05:57 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Of course we all want him on our team, but our wants compared to reality are two completely different things. Lou's a genius at circumventing the cap, and he's not going to give away any of his solid players just to appease cap constraints. What we're all saying is that, though we may want Zubrus, we ain't getting him.

If we were, Reino and Stiller wouldn't be the ones to get him. Devils are 3.5 currently over the cap, which means if Zubrus was going to be traded, it would only be to encourage a team to likely take Rolston as well, since Zubrus alone wouldn't help their cap problems, his cap hit is 3.4. Stillman's is 3.53 and Reino's is 2.05. We'd probably have to give up a lower cap hit, yet solid up and comer in order to swing such a deal.

So, Panther fans, don't hold your breaths.
I wasn't implying that we should trade Stiller and Rheino for Zubrus... Just that after picking Dainius up, you get rid of those two old pieces of trash !

Dainius is a beast of a player, a two-way tank, and would look great sharing second/third line duties at center with Matthias !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2010, 06:15 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
I wasn't implying that we should trade Stiller and Rheino for Zubrus... Just that after picking Dainius up, you get rid of those two old pieces of trash !

Dainius is a beast of a player, a two-way tank, and would look great sharing second/third line duties at center with Matthias !
Reino and Stillman aren't "trash."

Zubrus isn't coming, and he'd likely become the first line center, in fact, I'd guarantee it. But alas, that's not happening.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Reino and Stillman aren't "trash."

Zubrus isn't coming, and he'd likely become the first line center, in fact, I'd guarantee it. But alas, that's not happening.

Hey guys, what about Bergfors?? Apparently he and ATL aren't close to a new contract and he would be a free agent.. Do you think FLA could entice him to come here? Can we do it? What do you guys think he's worth?

Old
09-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Hey guys, what about Bergfors?? Apparently he and ATL aren't close to a new contract and he would be a free agent.. Do you think FLA could entice him to come here? Can we do it? What do you guys think he's worth?
i dont think we have anything to give back that would make atlanta want to make the deal, unless its something that we want to keep

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 06:02 PM
Hip to be Square

Quote:
We need Markstrom to use his divine influence in that situation.

Hip to be Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Hip to be Square

We already have a Zajac. But, I guess it would bolster the depth chart. We'd still be missing a no. 1 center. It's all wishful thinking anyway. Chances are slim he'd want to come here after seeing how a competitive team operates in NJ.

Hip to be Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
THE FAN 590 (VIA KUKLA'S KORNER): Greg Brady recently looked at some possible trade candidates for the New Jersey Devils along with potential trade partners as the club looks to dump salary to become cap compliant by the start of the upcoming season. Brady said the notion of the Devils trading center Travis Zajac was described by one who would know as "comical". He also suggests it would be difficult for the Devils to move an aging Brian Rolson, who is owed $5 million per season for the next two years and whose best seasons are behind him, without taking salary back in exchange, plus he doubts defenseman Bryce Salvadore and center Dainius Zubrus can be moved given their salaries.Brady dismissed the possibility of the Toronto Maple Leafs exploiting the Devils situation due to their own cap issues, suggesting the Islanders, Blues or Avalanche (which have lots of cap space) could do so, though there'll be an asking price such as the inclusion of the Devils top prospects.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: Brady nails this one. Salvadore might have some trade value, Zubrus not so much and Rolston none at all (not to mention he also has a "no-trade" clause). Demotions or loans overseas are probably the easiest options without having to part with prospects and draft picks to get those salaries moved, and the notion of trading Zajac is not only comical but it would be a very stupid move on Lamoriello's part.
Source: http://www.spectorshockey.net/index....umors&Itemid=4

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote