HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Hockey magazine recommendation?

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2004, 08:10 PM
ObeySteve
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ObeySteve
Hockey magazine recommendation?

Okay, so I want something to supplement my lack of anything NHL-related (or even hockey, for that matter) being on TV here, so I'm thinking about subscribing to just about anything I can in the mean time.

So I just have two quick questions:

a.) Is subscribing to a sports or hockey-related magazine still worth it, even when the NHL isn't in season to get my hockey fix? and

b.) If so, what would you recommend subscribing to?

Old
06-09-2004, 08:27 PM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
I subscribe to three hockey magazines.

Hockey news, Every hockey fan should have that subscription.

I also subscribe to the junior hockey news magazine...witch covers the USHL, and all USA juniors, and USCHO magazine, because it's all college hockey.

I recomend the hockey news, but the other two I subscribe to.....I don't recomend....I wish I never spent that money

Old
06-10-2004, 12:38 AM
hotgoalie11565

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-SHARKIE
I subscribe to three hockey magazines.

Hockey news, Every hockey fan should have that subscription.

I also subscribe to the junior hockey news magazine...witch covers the USHL, and all USA juniors, and USCHO magazine, because it's all college hockey.

I recomend the hockey news, but the other two I subscribe to.....I don't recomend....I wish I never spent that money
I would have to agree. Only problem is that The Hockey News only publishes once a month during the offseason for obvious reasons. The other two you mentioned read like a bunch of press releases thrown together and called a publication.
One of my favorites, though, is Goalies' World. Granted, it's probably not what you're looking for, but since I am a goalie, I thought I'd throw that in.

Last edited by hotgoalie11565: 06-10-2004 at 12:44 AM.
Old
06-10-2004, 12:45 AM
Russian Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Russian Fan
I had the Hockey news for the last 2 years & I didn't renew it for the next year.

If you are a guy who got internet & read many articles on different medias, 50% to 70% of what you get inside the hockey news , you already know it because it 1-2 weeks late of the ''today's news''.

I recommend the Hockey News for those who dont read too much on the internet & want an update of what's happening in hockey.

Closed Thread