HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Goal\No Goal talk(ALL SUCH TALK GOES HERE!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
06-06-2004, 03:58 PM
Troy McClure

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
But a rule is a rule.If they didn't have that rule in place fine, it's a clean loss.But if the rule is in place,then Hull's goal should not have counted, plain and simple.And if you honestly think that Hull's foot wasn't in the crease(while the puck was out of it),I hope you don't drive when you get older.
Really, I see it as a moot point. That couple of years was an ugly era in the NHL. I saw one game where the regular season OT winner was wiped off the board because a player's toe was in the crease when the goalie wasn't even in the net. This guy was all alone, and they still had to scratch the goal.

Hull's foot was in the crease. Yeah, and what do you want me to do about it? The refs left the ice, the Cup was brought out, and everyone went nuts. It wasn't until later that anyone noticed. At what point does the league make the game start back up? Would the Stars have had to turn their plane around because video review found something? This crap happens all the time in sports. The NHL even has a rule that no matter what happened a goal stands when the next puck drops to restart the clock.

In the Hull case, the review happened too late to do anything. In this case with the Flames, it looked like a normal shot and save to anyone watching. It wasn't until later that it was brought up. The NHL doesn't have to review every shot on goal when to the naked eye it looks like any of 20 pad saves made a game.

Old
06-06-2004, 04:13 PM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Impossible to concluded on the Calgary Goal...
To me the puck was in the air few inches from the ice and about at the line mark.

I'm hopping for a Calgary win but this one was not a goal... If you think it was a goal, that's fine. If you think it was not, that's fine also.. and that's why the goal have not been allow. If you think it was CLEARLY a goal, then you are talking with your homer voice, i'm sorry.

Old
06-06-2004, 04:21 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure

Hull's foot was in the crease. Yeah, and what do you want me to do about it? The refs left the ice, the Cup was brought out, and everyone went nuts. It wasn't until later that anyone noticed..

ROTFLMMFAO!!!! :lol

It wasn't til later anyone noticed?Hasek immediately went to the refs and they wouldn't review it.Lindy Ruff went to the refs and they didn't want to review it.Joe Juneau was refusing to leave the ice because he knew it wasn't a goal.The NHL didn't want to review it because they already brought the cup out and didn't want the Dallas fans to cry if Buffalo ended up winning the cup.Everyone knew Hull's skate was in the crease within seconds after the goal was scored, not when Dallas' plane was halfway back to Dallas.

Old
06-06-2004, 04:33 PM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Everyone knew Hull's skate was in the crease within seconds after the goal was scored, not when Dallas' plane was halfway back to Dallas.
That's BS. It wasn't until after the handshake when the Sabres went back to the room that they saw the replays on ESPN. Use all the smilies that you want, but the protest wasn't until quite a while after the red light went off.

Old
06-06-2004, 04:56 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
That's BS. It wasn't until after the handshake when the Sabres went back to the room that they saw the replays on ESPN. Use all the smilies that you want, but the protest wasn't until quite a while after the red light went off.

Riightttt.....

I'm done with that topic, because even if I showed you video you still wouldn't believe it.

Old
06-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Troy McClure

Quote:
I'm done with that topic, because even if I showed you video you still wouldn't believe it.
Not only that, I still wouldn't care.

Old
06-06-2004, 05:07 PM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:
After they went back to the room? They knew it, if you at the big screen.

Old
06-06-2004, 07:48 PM
Fan-of-#9

To the folks who claim that there was not enough room between Bulin's pad and the goal line for the puck to completely clear the red line, there actually was enough room -if the puck was in a rolling position, which it was...

Anyways I do agree with one poster who suggested that even if it did count, Calgary would have had their victory tainted, because it's very, very close. I hope Calgary wins game 7 so this series doesn't go down as a controversial win for TB.

Old
06-06-2004, 07:50 PM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
Not only that, I still wouldn't care.
:troll:

Old
06-06-2004, 09:03 PM
Hiishawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
Just about the worst argument in the history of earth.

So, given how Tampa was having incredibly difficulty even generating shots, let alone quality shots, you can make the assumption that Tampa might have scored to tie the game anyway?
Well they actually DID score later when the pressure was really on, right? So the answer is obviously 'yes'.

And if you think it is a stretch to say that another team "might have scored" in the last 5 minutes then why do you think the refs and the league demand that the teams play the whole 60 minutes? A team has never tied the game in the last 5 minutes? Ever heard of Vancouver?

Anyway, Tampa was generating a fair bit of pressure throughout the game. Calgary had a bit of an advantage in scoring opportunities, but to say that there is no chance Tampa would have tied it again is nonsense. And, as I said, they DID score again. When it counted!

Case closed.

Last edited by Hiishawk: 06-06-2004 at 09:05 PM. Reason: didn't quote properly
Old
06-06-2004, 09:32 PM
QuietStorm

Quote:
In the Hull case, the review happened too late to do anything. In this case with the Flames, it looked like a normal shot and save to anyone watching. It wasn't until later that it was brought up. The NHL doesn't have to review every shot on goal when to the naked eye it looks like any of 20 pad saves made a game.
If George W. Bush can concede & then become president, I don't think it's too late to put the Stanley Cup back in the box until a real goal is scored. The Sabres might have even still had a chance.

Old
06-06-2004, 11:55 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySteve
Tampa could go on to be the most controversial Cup winner in NHL history now.
Calgary had plenty of time to score if they could. Hell, if they win tomorrow, it's forgotten. It happened in the third period of a non-deciding game, not triple overtime of the deciding game. Big difference.

Old
06-07-2004, 01:00 AM
Chaos
3, 2, 1

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietStorm
If George W. Bush can concede & then become president, I don't think it's too late to put the Stanley Cup back in the box until a real goal is scored. The Sabres might have even still had a chance.
Bush didnt concede in the election...Gore did, until that whole waste of time in Florida came up....

Old
06-07-2004, 06:48 AM
Crossbar

Back to hockey.....

Players change their opinion after seeing the replays

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam040606/nhl_cal_tb5-cp.html

Old
06-07-2004, 08:29 AM
petec1978*

Awww little crossbar... PantherNation is already laying the foundation of their defense when the Lightning win the cup tonight, nevermind the fact they've already won 3 more finals games than the clutch n' grab '96 Panthers team got when they were swept out like trash by the Avs.

-Pete Choquette

Old
06-07-2004, 08:35 AM
gnardini1998

Send a message via AIM to gnardini1998
Quote:
ROTFLMMFAO!!!! :lol

It wasn't til later anyone noticed?Hasek immediately went to the refs and they wouldn't review it.Lindy Ruff went to the refs and they didn't want to review it.Joe Juneau was refusing to leave the ice because he knew it wasn't a goal.The NHL didn't want to review it because they already brought the cup out and didn't want the Dallas fans to cry if Buffalo ended up winning the cup.Everyone knew Hull's skate was in the crease within seconds after the goal was scored, not when Dallas' plane was halfway back to Dallas.
I also remember Hasek just skating away. Another reason why I don't like him. He is suppose to be sooo sharp and we know he loves to argue; if he had been on the ball he would have been right on the refs making them look at the replay. BUT he did not. Even in a game when it is definite that the Cup will be awarded (a 4-1 games with minutes left) it takes a while for the Cup to come out. Buffalo had time to argue. And I agree, they had no idea until they saw a replay after they left the ice.
Unfortunately for you Sabres fans; even if that had been reviewed and declared invalid, it is still extremely likely that the Stars still would have won the Cup.

Old
06-07-2004, 12:40 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

by the looks of it it was a goal. funny how the NHL never got this angle. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://home.comcast.net/~jimmywhite/100_33592.jpg

Old
06-07-2004, 01:52 PM
gnardini1998

Send a message via AIM to gnardini1998
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
by the looks of it it was a goal. funny how the NHL never got this angle. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

This is the same old angle that everyone has seen. Maybe blown up a bit more. Same thing - nothing conclusive.

Old
06-07-2004, 01:56 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom

The puck was in the air,if it was on the ice with that picture it would have been a conclusive GOAL. Since it was in the air there are no pictures that will show a goal being scored and since thats the case it was the RIGHT call

Old
06-07-2004, 03:12 PM
pei fan

Even the pictures that people are using to say it was a goal,make it look like
it wasn't a goal.Especially if you know anything about photography and
understand the angle it was taken from and that the puck was in the air.
DEFINITELY not a goal!

Old
06-07-2004, 04:30 PM
quat
vapid but stately

Send a message via ICQ to quat
LOL Merged threads! heh heh heh

Old
06-07-2004, 06:56 PM
The Bob Cole
Ohhhh Baby.

I still don't think it was a goal and I will be really upset if Calgary fans blame this goal if they end up losing tonight for the reason why the didn't win.

Hull's skate was obviously inside the crease and the goal should not have counted. I think at that point in the game though, they just wanted it to all end. It was obvious his foot was in the crease, just doesn't make sense.

Last edited by The Bob Cole: 06-07-2004 at 07:08 PM.
Old
06-07-2004, 07:42 PM
WuRtZLeSs

Send a message via AIM to WuRtZLeSs Send a message via MSN to WuRtZLeSs
Did anyone see Darren Pang and ESPN's insane matrix-style presentation? I think, due to the amount of technical savvy it took to present it like that - it's a goal by default.

Old
06-08-2004, 01:33 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

the puck was over the line
it was a GOAL

Old
06-08-2004, 01:38 PM
shadoz19

Keep wishing. If you can't conclusively prove that it was a goal than it wasn't. You don't get the benefit of the doubt for a goal.

Closed Thread