HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Goal\No Goal talk(ALL SUCH TALK GOES HERE!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Hellsempire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhackpot
Repeat offender for a love tap on Cujo. Goalies get hit harder when there's traffic in the crease. I think Tampa fans are pissed they don't have a guy like Nieminen on their team, a guy you hate to play against but love to have on your team.

You called that a love tap when clearly on all cameras it was an open illegal elbow to the head of CUJO! You really need to go back and look at the incident again because you missed it...

Old
Flamin' Griz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Bolt Fan
Better watch out Iginla and tie that chinstrap on HARD you might be next since league have said it is OK to maul people head 1st into the boards so watch out Roy can take a 1 game suspension as well putting you out
Pathetic.

The difference? Iginla won't flop on the ice like he's been shot, he'll turn around and attempt to beat the snot out of the offending player. THAT'S hockey.

Your scenario arleady played out in game #3 of the Vancouver series. Ohlund boards Iginla. No penalty although it was as bad if not worse than what Niemenen did. Without hesitation Iginla proceeded to make Ohlund pay. Until that moment, Ohlund was doing a pretty good job on Iginla in the series. He didn't after it.

See the difference in the two situations?

Old
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Repeat offender for a love tap on Cujo. Goalies get hit harder when there's traffic in the crease. I think Tampa fans are pissed they don't have a guy like Nieminen on their team, a guy you hate to play against but love to have on your team.

i seem to recall the "tootoo is a dirty punk!" and even "iggy is going to beat Vokoun!" threads

Old
06-02-2004, 04:43 PM
ZombieMatt

First thing is first...the comparisons of the Ohlund hit and the Nieminen hit need to stop.

Ohlund HIT Iginla from behind (and I thought it should have been a suspension by the way, coming from a Canucks fan). It was dirty, and should have resulted in a suspension and Calgary fans DID scream, cry, beg for a suspension (as they should have). Ohlund's hit was from in close, he didn't exactly stride into him, it was more of a 1 metre away sort of thing.

Nieminen RAN at Lecavalier from about 5 metres out. Nieminen made a conscious choice and thought about it for 2-3 seconds if he was going to run Lecavalier and decided he wanted to. He decided he wanted to sucker punch/forearm Lecavalier in the back of the head and then ram him into the glass.

Nieminen's hit was not only much worse, but it was much more premeditated (he obviously thought about it longer, you cannot deny the fact that Nieminen clearly had a lot of ice between him and Lecavalier when he started at him), and it came from someone who was a recently repeat offender.

Old
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsempire
Flames fans and the players should stop already and accept that Tampa bay is the better team and they will prove that in this series... To much complaining and does not win you a SC... The refs have been bad all season so deal with it and accept defeat... Nieminen's hit was ridiculious and uncalled for and he should be GONE for the series! But consider him very lucky to have only 1 game suspension...

Your kinda right...but mostly wrong. There's crying on both sides. That hit did not warrant a series long suspension. Ville's hit on Joseph was much more intentional and warranted a longer suspension IMO.

Old
Flamin' Griz

Quote:
You called that a love tap when clearly on all cameras it was an open illegal elbow to the head of CUJO! You really need to go back and look at the incident again because you missed it...
Huh? The contact was CLEARLY at the shoulder. Good god.

Old
06-02-2004, 04:44 PM
Pure Rock Fury*

Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
Why does everyone keep accusing Lecavalier of pretending to be hurt? He went head first into the boards with nothing to protect him.

Old
06-02-2004, 04:44 PM
OMA

Quote:
Flames fans and the players should stop already and accept that Tampa bay is the better team and they will prove that in this series...
I suppose they should cancel the remainder of the games now?

If the Flames Players believed any of the garbage you're spewing they would have been out 6 weeks ago.

Old
06-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Hellsempire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin' Griz
Huh? The contact was CLEARLY at the shoulder. Good god.

NO, IT was in the head for damn sake!

Old
06-02-2004, 04:45 PM
ZombieMatt

Quote:
Repeat offender for a love tap on Cujo.
I'm going to assume you don't actually believe what you just said and you're just trying to rile up non-Flames fans, because otherwise that's just embarassing.

Old
06-02-2004, 04:46 PM
Flamin' Griz

I didn't want a suspension for the Ohlund hit, I just wanted a freaking power play. Instead, the Canucks got one!

Old
06-02-2004, 04:46 PM
flamesfanont

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Maybe it would if Iginla was gushing blood out of his head like Lecavalier was he wasn't, so even though it might has been as bad, it didn't look as bad.
Talk about ebellishing the facts! Lecavalier had a slight cut on his head, where was this "gushing" blood? THere wasn't even a drop on the ice for Pete's sake!

Old
06-02-2004, 04:47 PM
Hellsempire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie
I'm going to assume you don't actually believe what you just said and you're just trying to rile up non-Flames fans, because otherwise that's just embarassing.

I m really comon! That was an uncalled for illegal elbow in the head of CUJO. Most of these HOMER Flames fans have to go back and look at the incident as a hockey fan not a Flames fan!

Enough said!

Old
06-02-2004, 04:47 PM
Flamin' Griz

Quote:
NO, IT was in the head for damn sake!
I watched it 25 times. It was to the shoulder.

It was a stupid play on Niemenen's part. It was a lot like Jovo's shot at Kiprusoff only Niemenen's made a lot less sense.

Neither one of them would've hurt either goalie in a million years.

Old
06-02-2004, 04:48 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMA
I suppose they should cancel the remainder of the games now?
Oh coarse!

Hellsempire must be right, after all, he said it.

PS: He was not whining in his post either

Old
06-02-2004, 04:49 PM
Hellsempire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club
Your kinda right...but mostly wrong. There's crying on both sides. That hit did not warrant a series long suspension. Ville's hit on Joseph was much more intentional and warranted a longer suspension IMO.

Well there is only three games left of the series and he should be GONE for all three. Nieminen will do it again until he is suspended for a long period of time... Three games in the SCF's could have been a very good lesson...

Old
06-02-2004, 04:50 PM
Flamin' Griz

Quote:
I m really comon! That was an uncalled for illegal elbow in the head of CUJO. Most of these HOMER Flames fans have to go back and look at the incident as a hockey fan not a Flames fan!

Enough said!
What possible reason would I have to see it in some way other than the truth? It's your perspective that benefits by changing the degree of nastiness of that play, not mine.

Old
06-02-2004, 04:50 PM
CaptainCrunch

Quote:
Flames fans and the players should stop already and accept that Tampa bay is the better team and they will prove that in this series... To much complaining and does not win you a SC... The refs have been bad all season so deal with it and accept defeat... Nieminen's hit was ridiculious and uncalled for and he should be GONE for the series! But consider him very lucky to have only 1 game suspension...

I like all the double standards.

whine about Nieminen's hit=OK
whine about Stillman's or Roy's hits=Bad
Flames fans whine about refs = Bad
Lightning fans whine about refs = OK
Lightning fans whine about Flames clutch and grab = OK
Flames fans whine about Lightning clutch and grab = (ahhh they don't because they're already used to it from playing Detroit and San Jose)

It's certainly been a two way street as far as whining is concerned. So you don't have to post it over and over and over again about how YOU think the Flames fans should stop whining.

Old
06-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Hellsempire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
Oh coarse!

Hellsempire must be right, after all, he said it.

PS: He was not whining in his post either

I couldn't really give a rats a$$ who wins this SCF's... I am not whining at all. I am just enjoying the Flamer homers here whining and everytime something goes wrong...

Old
06-02-2004, 04:52 PM
flamesfanont

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Why does everyone keep accusing Lecavalier of pretending to be hurt? He went head first into the boards with nothing to protect him.
Big deal! It happens a lot in the playoffs. When a player is dazed and out of it he just does not skate off after lying on the ice like he is dying nor do they sit on the bench and smirk at the opposition. Face it, Vinny played it up to the point where he should receive an Academy award! I'll bet anything he is good to go tomorrow. Players pulling this crap should be just as accountable as the guy being suspended for the hit.

Old
Hellsempire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch
I like all the double standards.

whine about Nieminen's hit=OK
whine about Stillman's or Roy's hits=Bad
Flames fans whine about refs = Bad
Lightning fans whine about refs = OK
Lightning fans whine about Flames clutch and grab = OK
Flames fans whine about Lightning clutch and grab = (ahhh they don't because they're already used to it from playing Detroit and San Jose)

It's certainly been a two way street as far as whining is concerned. So you don't have to post it over and over and over again about how YOU think the Flames fans should stop whining.

Over and over again? Don't think so...

Old
ZombieMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
Right, no back hand slaps to Flames fans.

Looks like a few other non Flames fans saw it though

First and most importantly, this certainly doesn't explain your embarassing and pointless 'posts' that you've made on the issue.

Secondly, I fail to see how its a back handed slap to Flames fans. You have Flames fans that are claiming the NHL has rigged the Finals? Come on, I don't care who you cheer for, that's about as big of a whiner as you can get. Not to mention its absolutely ridiculous.

Someone pointed out that it was only the vocal minority of FLames fans who were being that big of a problem with the referee issue. And I responded, fairly I think, that its difficult to judge if only the minority are being vocal.

Third, you still haven't substantiated a thing you've said in this thread. Either provide some evidence to back up your odd posts or stop, because you're not adding anything to the conversation, and actually taking away from the original post, which was PRAISING the behavior of the Flames.

Old
06-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie
First thing is first...the comparisons of the Ohlund hit and the Nieminen hit need to stop.

Ohlund HIT Iginla from behind (and I thought it should have been a suspension by the way, coming from a Canucks fan). It was dirty, and should have resulted in a suspension and Calgary fans DID scream, cry, beg for a suspension (as they should have). Ohlund's hit was from in close, he didn't exactly stride into him, it was more of a 1 metre away sort of thing.

Nieminen RAN at Lecavalier from about 5 metres out. Nieminen made a conscious choice and thought about it for 2-3 seconds if he was going to run Lecavalier and decided he wanted to. He decided he wanted to sucker punch/forearm Lecavalier in the back of the head and then ram him into the glass.

Nieminen's hit was not only much worse, but it was much more premeditated (he obviously thought about it longer, you cannot deny the fact that Nieminen clearly had a lot of ice between him and Lecavalier when he started at him), and it came from someone who was a recently repeat offender.
1. Proof?

2. 5m? All reports say 2, where the heck are you getting this stuff from now?

3. "Must more premeditated" ? Right, I'm sure Niemenen got onto the ice, and though "Well according to my quick calculations, Lecavlier should turn to this angle at this moment, and it I hit him from this angle, then I can injure him pretty good!!!

4. There was no sucker punch (only a certain player of your team does that). It was a forearm hit. Where the heck do you get this stuff from again?

Old
06-02-2004, 04:54 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Well there is only three games left of the series and he should be GONE for all three. Nieminen will do it again until he is suspended for a long period of time... Three games in the SCF's could have been a very good lesson...

Nieminen is dirty but that's far too harsh for this hit. Blown WAY out of proportion IMO.

Old
06-02-2004, 04:55 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
I couldn't really give a rats a$$ who wins this SCF's... I am not whining at all. I am just enjoying the Flamer homers here whining and everytime something goes wrong...
So your trying to say you have absolutely no life, so you go onto message boards and try and rile up people over message boards during your free time?

Closed Thread