HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Goal\No Goal talk(ALL SUCH TALK GOES HERE!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2004, 05:55 PM
Snakeeye

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Why does everyone keep accusing Lecavalier of pretending to be hurt? He went head first into the boards with nothing to protect him.
The way he got up, the timing of when he got up - when Niemenen's penalty was announced - and his smirk towards the Flames bench.

If Lecavalier misses game five due to a concussion, I'll admit that I was wrong. But until then, his reaction, and miraculous recovery are extremely unusual for a guy who apparently was just dazed/concussed by a such a "violent" hit.

Old
06-02-2004, 05:58 PM
ZombieMatt

1)Watch the clips.

Ohlund stepped around the net and hit Iginla. I AGREE it was a bad hit and should have been a suspension.

2)Watch the hit. Nieminen circled around and went at Lecavalier from what looks to be a good 12-15 feet on the idea.

3)Its pretty rudimentary. Nieminen skated at Lecavalier for a decent amount of time before actually making contact. Sometime in that 2-3 seconds Nieminen must have made the choice to hit him from behind or not. Ohlunds appeared to be an 'in the moment' hit, and was STILL wrong. Nieminen had several seconds, which is still a short time I acknowledge, to decide to turn away or run him...he chose run. PLUS, you can't deny that it looks awfully bad when I guy who so blatantly took a run at a goalie (and has a rep as an agitator - aka cheap shot artist) hits a guy from behind it definitely seems that he meant to do it.

4)Hitting a guy in the back of the head with a forearm is a sucker punch. Hitting someone with your arm from behind is a sucker punch/sucker forearm. Either way its wrong big time.

Old
06-02-2004, 05:59 PM
ZombieMatt

1)Watch the clips.

Ohlund stepped around the net and hit Iginla. I AGREE it was a bad hit and should have been a suspension.

2)Watch the hit. Nieminen circled around and went at Lecavalier from what looks to be a good 12-15 feet on the idea.

3)Its pretty rudimentary. Nieminen skated at Lecavalier for a decent amount of time before actually making contact. Sometime in that 2-3 seconds Nieminen must have made the choice to hit him from behind or not. Ohlunds appeared to be an 'in the moment' hit, and was STILL wrong. Nieminen had several seconds, which is still a short time I acknowledge, to decide to turn away or run him...he chose run. PLUS, you can't deny that it looks awfully bad when I guy who so blatantly took a run at a goalie (and has a rep as an agitator - aka cheap shot artist) hits a guy from behind it definitely seems that he meant to do it.

4)Hitting a guy in the back of the head with a forearm is a sucker punch. Hitting someone with your arm from behind is a sucker punch/sucker forearm. Either way its wrong big time.

Old
06-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie
First and most importantly, this certainly doesn't explain your embarassing and pointless 'posts' that you've made on the issue.

Secondly, I fail to see how its a back handed slap to Flames fans. You have Flames fans that are claiming the NHL has rigged the Finals? Come on, I don't care who you cheer for, that's about as big of a whiner as you can get. Not to mention its absolutely ridiculous.

Someone pointed out that it was only the vocal minority of FLames fans who were being that big of a problem with the referee issue. And I responded, fairly I think, that its difficult to judge if only the minority are being vocal.

Third, you still haven't substantiated a thing you've said in this thread. Either provide some evidence to back up your odd posts or stop, because you're not adding anything to the conversation, and actually taking away from the original post, which was PRAISING the behavior of the Flames.

YOU ARE GROUPING FLAMES FANS TOGETHER IN THIS....You're praising the teams reactions to bad reffing but you're insulting their fans at the same time...I'm not a Flames fan but I think you are goating a few here. Some emotional fans obviously said dumb things but I've read Canadian's drink bathwater on this thread.

Old
06-02-2004, 06:04 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier
Your right, non-superstars (Is Lecavlier even a superstar?) are allowed to be hit from behind.

Good call SBF

PS: I'm not surprised you didn't notice that it was said liek 4 times above, but Iginla DID get run from behind this playoffs.
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Old
06-02-2004, 06:04 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
First and most importantly, this certainly doesn't explain your embarassing and pointless 'posts' that you've made on the issue.

Secondly, I fail to see how its a back handed slap to Flames fans. You have Flames fans that are claiming the NHL has rigged the Finals? Come on, I don't care who you cheer for, that's about as big of a whiner as you can get. Not to mention its absolutely ridiculous.

Someone pointed out that it was only the vocal minority of FLames fans who were being that big of a problem with the referee issue. And I responded, fairly I think, that its difficult to judge if only the minority are being vocal.

Third, you still haven't substantiated a thing you've said in this thread. Either provide some evidence to back up your odd posts or stop, because you're not adding anything to the conversation, and actually taking away from the original post, which was PRAISING the behavior of the Flames.
Well you can plead ignorance all you want, but the writing's on the wall.

How about actually concentrating on HOCKEY rather than make troll posts about fans? There was absolutely no need to backhand slap us, TWICE, when talking about how the Flames responded... which, btw, were the same points brought here.

My setiments were echoed by a few here, who obviously realize the intent of your posts.

So how about getting back to HOCKEY instead of talking about fans, ok?

Old
06-02-2004, 06:08 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsempire
You called that a love tap when clearly on all cameras it was an open illegal elbow to the head of CUJO! You really need to go back and look at the incident again because you missed it...

Calgary as a whole seems to have lost connection to reality and what hockey is.

They are screaming foul everytime one of there dirty acts are caught on tape. Biggest problem is the league is such a mess that they dont know what is going on out on the ice.

This is EASY the worst possible final for the NHL the way it is getting played out. What was before thought of going to be a fullspeed SCF of hockey have turned into a headhunting fest on display in National TV. and if the league thinks you pull new fans into the game with this they are seriously wrong SERIOUSLY wrong.

In this series there hasnt been much of hockey played unfortunatly. Which the league would benefit tremendously on if it got on display in National TV.

Old
06-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
1)Watch the clips.

1. Proof was the whining that you said. I personally saw no whining.

2. The hit was made from 2m, as recorded by all media sources.

3. I guess it never clicked to you that Niemenen was waiting for the puck to come loose? Nah, he was standing around, contemplating if you should crush Lecavlier's skull. BTW, Niemenen ran Cujo for sure, yes it was stupid and intentional, but it wasn't, and didn't, cause injury. He plays like a *****, not a single player in the league (including Bertuzzi) goes out to seriously hurt someone.

4. Huh????

Old
06-02-2004, 06:10 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Bolt Fan

They are screaming foul everytime one of there dirty acts are caught on tape. Biggest problem is the league is such a mess that they dont know what is going on out on the ice.

What does a Canadian city like Calgary know about hockey?

I mean, all the guru's are in Tampa, right?

Last edited by Phanuthier*: 06-02-2004 at 06:21 PM.
Old
06-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
1)Watch the clips.

In your 3rd point, you could substitute Stillman's name for Nieminen's at the beginning. I think what most Tampa fans don't get here is that what most Flames fans are ticked about is the double standard Colin Campbell has set. Stillman's and Roy's hits were very comparable to Nieminen's. Why only Nieminen gets suspended is the big mystery.

Old
06-02-2004, 06:16 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by csstranger
Only 1 game??

It is SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK but it tells exactly what is WRONG with NHL right now.

Old
06-02-2004, 06:18 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelmoor
Against Islanders, Canadians or Flyers there were no problems like this, the series against Flyers was tough but fair. Finals are usually tough but since Flames are lacking skills they must play dirty, tehy have beaten three division champs so far so of course they deserve the palce in the finals but tehy should concentrate on playing instead of roughing.

But than they will have ZERO chance of winning it all wont they

Old
06-02-2004, 06:27 PM
Pure Rock Fury*

Send a message via AIM to Pure Rock Fury*
Off-topic a little bit I guess, but is anyone else having fun too? I love having heated discussions and arguments about hockey. This is great.

Old
06-02-2004, 06:30 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhackpot
The fact that Vinny's helmet wasn't done up; the edge of the helmet probably caused the cut more so than his head hitting the glass. Still to drop like a little girl was pathetic. (No offense to little girls intended).
And you wonder why Flames fans are hated

Old
06-02-2004, 06:31 PM
Flamin' Griz

Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSatan666
And you wonder why Flames fans are hated
Because people take the comments of one and attibute it to all Flames fans everywhere?

Old
06-02-2004, 06:34 PM
zoidberg

From another Flames message board, poster Draug, on the hockey news.
Sutter: "Are you surprised? Well, neither am I.

We have seen it all playoffs long. We have had three guys out with injuries caused by the other team, and a total of 1 penalty was called. *his sideways mouth smirk*.

Hey, we are the little guy that wasnt expected to be here, and frankly, alot of people dont want us here. *sideways mouth smirk*"

Good on ya' Sutter. I preemptively bet that some people from Tampa or, a certain upset first round city, will whine about Sutter's comments but I think it's a ballsy thing that says something to the NHL about their treatment towards stars and lesser lights. **** suspension. Ninny's gonna get messed up next game, I'll bet.

Old
06-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Swedish Bolt Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg
From another Flames message board, poster Draug, on the hockey news.
Sutter: "Are you surprised? Well, neither am I.

We have seen it all playoffs long. We have had three guys out with injuries caused by the other team, and a total of 1 penalty was called. *his sideways mouth smirk*.

Hey, we are the little guy that wasnt expected to be here, and frankly, alot of people dont want us here. *sideways mouth smirk*"

Good on ya' Sutter. I preemptively bet that some people from Tampa or, a certain upset first round city, will whine about Sutter's comments but I think it's a ballsy thing that says something to the NHL about their treatment towards stars and lesser lights. **** suspension. Ninny's gonna get messed up next game, I'll bet.
Only good thing in a pathetic 1 game suspension is he may have to pay for it in persona as well. Guess thats the reason Colin Campbell only gave 1 game to make sure Lightning gets a chance to beat some sense into him .

Old
06-02-2004, 06:45 PM
rye&ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakeeye
Hit from behind count:

Calgary: 1
Tampa Bay: 3

forgot the cheeseball hit by Reghr on Fedotenko? flames are a rough team. **** happens, get over it.

Old
06-02-2004, 06:46 PM
mikkoz

Quote:

They are screaming foul everytime one of there dirty acts are caught on tape.
I think You do the screaming. We just gotta answer the call.

Quote:
Biggest problem is the league is such a mess that they dont know what is going on out on the ice.
Yes, as it has been mentioned the refs and Cambell haven´t been all that good.

Quote:
This is EASY the worst possible final for the NHL the way it is getting played out. What was before thought of going to be a fullspeed SCF of hockey have turned into a headhunting fest on display in National TV. and if the league thinks you pull new fans into the game with this they are seriously wrong SERIOUSLY wrong.
Are You Gary?

Last edited by barrytrotzsneck: 06-02-2004 at 07:07 PM.
Old
06-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Goldark

A deserved suspension on Neimenen.

To suggest that Lecavalier somehow faked it is not only asinine, it's irrelevant. Nimo delivered a blow from behind to his head into the glass. That's a suspension in my book, regardless of what happened to the other player. As I recall, Vinny was bleeding from the head and did not play another shift. Don't you think if he was faking it, he'd be right back out on the powerplay for TB to try to put the game away? Come on people, use some common sense!

After reading through this thread (at times, it was painful the amount of homerism exhibited by a certain few), it seems to me that the main problem Calgary fans have is the lack of consistency by the league office concerning similar hits by Stillman and Roy, and trust me, I feel your pain. Championship calibre teams fight through bad calls, bad no-calls, and other forms of adversity all playoffs long. I don't see the Flames players *****ing about this stuff after the game; some of you fans have done enough of that already. The best way to get even is simply to go out in Game 5, play a great road game, and get the win. Simple as that.

Old
06-02-2004, 06:51 PM
zoidberg

Quote:
Only good thing in a pathetic 1 game suspension is he may have to pay for it in persona as well. Guess thats the reason Colin Campbell only gave 1 game to make sure Lightning gets a chance to beat some sense into him .
With who? Cory Stillawoman? Dungman already has a concussion so he will do even less than he usually does, and if Andre comes close, Oliwa will try to get him. And every time Oliwa even looked at big 'Dre he scampered off to the bench like a dog with its tail in its legs.

Old
06-02-2004, 06:54 PM
I in the Eye

I gotta say...

As an outsider with no deep emotional ties to either team, reading these Calgary vs. Tampa Bay threads are very entertaining... Keep up the good work guys!

Nothing like the game of hockey to make otherwise reasonable adults argue and try to prove their points to 14 year old kids!

Oh, and just so that my post doesn't get deleted and it looks like it belong here:

The Flames are a dirty 'clutch and grab' team, their fans whine, and Nemo is an a******... and TB fans know nothing about hockey - and Lecavalier is a much better actor than hockey player...

Sorry to interrupt... carry on...

Old
06-02-2004, 06:56 PM
kolanos

Quote:
Only good thing in a pathetic 1 game suspension is he may have to pay for it in persona as well. Guess thats the reason Colin Campbell only gave 1 game to make sure Lightning gets a chance to beat some sense into him with suspension-worthy headshots that will go overlooked, in other words nothing changes in Nieminen's case.
Fixed.

Old
06-02-2004, 06:59 PM
zoidberg

One more sutterism...
"I hold myself accountable because I didn't ***** and complain."

Old
06-02-2004, 07:00 PM
Snakeeye

Sutter responds to the suspension

Said it was expected; It holds up to how the playoffs have been called to date.

Commented on how Calgary has lost three players to injury as a result of dirty play, with only two minutes in penalties called.

Said that there are many in the league who dont want us to be here. "We are the little team that isnt supposed to be here. They dont want us to be here." When pressed on who, Sutter flatly said "none of your buisness."

Said the lack of calls in Calgary's favoir are his fault because he hasnt been working the media and the league like he should be.

At the end, Sutter asked reporters if Tampa had made its players available to them, they said no. He said "Well our players aren't available today then either." and left the podium.

Sufficed to say, even despite a couple jokes he commented on early in the newser ("With Ville out of the Lineup, how does it change your lineup? Sutter: "Less vowels") Sutter is extremely pissed off with the league's decision making process.

Also, local reporter, Grant Pollock, interviewed Colin Campbell and learned that Fraser might be pulled from game six as a result of the backlash.

Closed Thread