HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Is it just me, or is Bilaletdinov an idiot?

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2004, 01:19 PM
MOGiLNY

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to MOGiLNY
Is it just me, or is Bilaletdinov an idiot?

Sport Express has an interview with him discussing the roster, and when asked about why Brylin wasn't chosen, Bilaletdinovwhatever said that Brylin is a centre and they've already got 4 of those so there's no spot for him.

Sport Epxress then asked him what the team will do if one of the 4 centres get injured, and he said that Kozlov can play wing and centre, so he'd replace the injured centreman.

NOw did it ever occur to our new head coach that Brylin can also play wing and centre? Maybe instead of picking Zubrus we could've have a Russian player who would help the team?

Old
06-02-2004, 01:31 PM
wilka91*

It is just you, believe me.

:lol

Anyway you should visit the World Cup forum more, there's much more things being discussed about Team Russia.

Oh and by the way, where did you see that interview?

Old
06-02-2004, 01:35 PM
MOGiLNY

I only care about team Russia though..

and why is it just me?? he explains taking Kozlov because he can play wing and centre, but Brylin who can also play both positions isn't taken "because he's a centre". That's bullcrap.

Brylin should've been in instead of Zubrus.

and as I said, the interview is in sport express

Old
06-02-2004, 01:37 PM
TORRUS

Where is that world cup forum?

Old
06-02-2004, 01:40 PM
TORRUS

You mean the one above?! This is eastern europe. Right?

Old
06-02-2004, 02:30 PM
GB

Send a message via ICQ to GB
You can get too the World Cup board by clicking here.

You can also discuss the Russian team there.

Old
06-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOGiLNY
Sport Express has an interview with him discussing the roster, and when asked about why Brylin wasn't chosen, Bilaletdinovwhatever said that Brylin is a centre and they've already got 4 of those so there's no spot for him.

Sport Epxress then asked him what the team will do if one of the 4 centres get injured, and he said that Kozlov can play wing and centre, so he'd replace the injured centreman.

NOw did it ever occur to our new head coach that Brylin can also play wing and centre? Maybe instead of picking Zubrus we could've have a Russian player who would help the team?
Actually, he is not an IDIOT. yes, brylin can play wing as well, but why have so many centers playing wing? brylin's natural position is center and he plays his best at center. also, i really dont see how you can say that brylin would be a better choice than ZUBRUS? ZUBRUS plays just as well defensively, but is much bigger and strong than BRYLIN, while being more skilled as well. i'm sure part of the reason why brylin is not on the team is because he is small and COACH BILL wanted some checkers with size so that they can contain guys like IGINLA, MARLEAU, TKACHUK, ETC.

Old
06-02-2004, 11:05 PM
MOGiLNY

Zubrus is bigger and more offensively talented than Brylin, but that's it. Brylin is the better 2way player, he's got the experience of playing in the big games having won 3 cups and all and he knows all about containing guys like Iginla, as he's been doing that for YEARS.

Zubrus though, while big, I don't think is too physical, and he isn't a scoring machine neither. Was once supposed to be a star, but has turned out a bust pretty much.

He's also not Russian, so I don't know why he's on this team.. might as well pick Anson Carter.

Old
06-02-2004, 11:55 PM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Zubrus is bigger and more offensively talented than Brylin, but that's it. Brylin is the better 2way player, he's got the experience of playing in the big games having won 3 cups and all and he knows all about containing guys like Iginla, as he's been doing that for YEARS.

Zubrus though, while big, I don't think is too physical, and he isn't a scoring machine neither. Was once supposed to be a star, but has turned out a bust pretty much.

He's also not Russian, so I don't know why he's on this team.. might as well pick Anson Carter.
totally disagree with you. i purposely went on the CAPS board and did a thread where i asked the CAPS fans if ZUBRUS can play defense. all of them said he has become a great checker on their team. yes, he has not become the scorer he was supposed to be, but as a checker i'd take him over brylin cause both can play defense but zubrus is much bigger. brylin does know how to play defense but when you have a guy like IGINLA powering through you, there isnt much you can do sometimes if you are brylin's size!

Old
06-03-2004, 12:58 AM
MOGiLNY

lol

I went to your thread, and ONE person said that. that's still techincally all of caps fans telling you that he's good defenisively, but c'mon now... that guy lives in Virginia too.. I'm sure he's watched a lot of Caps games..

I like Zubrus as an offensive guy, but defense? no thanks

Old
06-03-2004, 09:36 AM
Evgeny Oliker

actually, it was two replies and both stated with a lot of confidence that zubrus is very responsible in his own zone. no one disagreed either. maybe you need to watch some caps games yourself? cause i saw him play and he did work hard on defense and improved his physical play. i love brylin, i think he is great on defense too, but i dont see him being able to contain an IGINLA or a TKACHUK...sometimes great positioning is not enough with those guys, u just need size against size sometimes

Old
06-03-2004, 09:59 AM
MOGiLNY

I saw Zubrus too. Nothing special on defense. But I can't argue with two caps fans.

Old
06-03-2004, 10:18 AM
wilka91*

Zubrus is way better than Brylin! He's younger, and is much stronger. Size is going to be a key factor in the World Cup. Brylin has nothing to do here. If he was scoring at least as much as Valeri Bure, maybe he would have been on the team, but Zubrus is defeinetly better!

Old
06-03-2004, 10:23 AM
MOGiLNY

did you know that Brylin is scoring more than Zubrus and Afinogenov?

his size is blown out of proportion too. he's consistenly proven to be one of New Jersey's better defensive forwards, and size obviously hasn't been a factor for him..

as a Leaf fan, I've seen Reichel take care of the other teams' bigger forwards as well, and he's done a good job despite being of similar size as Brylin.

Last edited by MOGiLNY: 06-03-2004 at 10:27 AM.
Old
06-03-2004, 10:44 AM
Evgeny Oliker

MOGILNY i dont think you quite understand the difference between an NHL game and a WORLD CUP game. if NJ lets say plays TORONTO, brylin might have to face off against the SUNDIN line and be responsible for taking care of a RENGERG or MOGILNY, while a guy like madden or pandolfo takes care of the bigger guys like ROBERTS AND SUNDIN. in a WORLD CUP game brylin's checking line would have to go against a line with maybe IGINLA, LEMIEUX, and MARLEAU on it...meaning that CANADA can put 3 big AND skilled guys on one line and then BRYLIN is out of luck. size will matter much more in the WORLD CUP and yes ZUBRUS can play defense. he started off as a one-way player but since his offense hasnt been much to talk about, washington has turned him into more of a two-way player who can use his size for positioning.

Old
06-03-2004, 10:48 AM
wilka91*

Brylin is scoring more than Zubrus?

Brylin 82 games, 33 points (14+19)
Zubrus 54 games, 27 points (12,15)

Old
06-03-2004, 10:52 AM
MOGiLNY

heh I didn't notice that Zubrus played 54 games... my bad.. still more than Afinogenov though..

Forsberg, you make it sound like Brylin would play alone against everyone.

Old
06-03-2004, 10:56 AM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
heh I didn't notice that Zubrus played 54 games... my bad.. still more than Afinogenov though..

actually i was saying the opposite of that...i was saying that because he DOES NOT play alone in NJ, he does not have to take on a guy like SUNDIN, cause his bigger and stronger linemates like pandolfo and marshall and such can take on a guy like SUNDIN. you will never see BRYLIN taking on a SUNDIN in the NHL. but in the WC a team like CANADA can easily create a line with three big power forwards and then brylin will have to take on a guy like SUNDIN...someone like IGINLA or MARLEAU will just power through brylin and brylin will get tired throughout the game until someone eventually will take advantage of him being tired.
i think BRYLIN is one of the best checkers to come out of RUSSIA and i have a ton of respect for him...but if you look at TEAM CANADA or TEAM U.S.A, this WC is just not meant for a BRYLIN...and it really has nothing to do with how many points he gets...just they need bigger players for checking line

Old
06-03-2004, 11:11 AM
wilka91*

Quote:

Damn, why didn't I pick another nickname, like "Fedorov". That would have been a very funny conversation.

Fedorov : "Mogilny, are you stupid? Zubrus is better than Brylin."
Mogilny : "No Fedorov, Brylin is scoring more. What do you think Forsberg?"
Forsberg : "I agree with Fedorov".

Old
06-03-2004, 11:15 AM
Evgeny Oliker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilka91
Damn, why didn't I pick another nickname, like "Fedorov". That would have been a very funny conversation.

Fedorov : "Mogilny, are you stupid? Zubrus is better than Brylin."
Mogilny : "No Fedorov, Brylin is scoring more. What do you think Forsberg?"
Forsberg : "I agree with Fedorov".

lol :lol so like those russians to ask a swede for advice about another russian!

Old
06-03-2004, 12:57 PM
Markov

Send a message via AIM to Markov
You guys crack me up! :lol :lol

Closed Thread