HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bill Guerin Available

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Baron Von Shark

vCash: 500
Bill Guerin Available

Guerin is available to trade. He has provided the Stars a list of teams he would be willing to go to. Granted, he is more of a goal scorer, and what we need these days is passing/playmaking, and I'd say out RW depth is looking good as it is. Still, the guy is a proven power forward. Your opinions?

Old
06-02-2004, 03:39 PM
Los Tiburones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Shark
Guerin is available to trade. He has provided the Stars a list of teams he would be willing to go to. Granted, he is more of a goal scorer, and what we need these days is passing/playmaking, and I'd say out RW depth is looking good as it is. Still, the guy is a proven power forward. Your opinions?
Dallas is not trading Bill Guerin to the Sharks.

Old
06-02-2004, 03:55 PM
Baron Von Shark

Obviously. I should have been more clear in saying that this is a hypothetical, "would you if you could," type of question.

Old
06-02-2004, 05:59 PM
Cyclops II*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Shark
Obviously. I should have been more clear in saying that this is a hypothetical, "would you if you could," type of question.

No. No. No. I understand the Stars were a disfunctional team and some players didn't talk to each other the last month of the season. If that is true I am sure Guerin was one of the troublemakers. Too big a risk to the chemistry of the team.

Old
06-02-2004, 08:19 PM
Ender

Leave Guerin alone. Two years ago I would of been Saying -- GET HIM GET HIM!!!! but now I don't see him fitting in the Sharks mold.

Old
06-02-2004, 08:36 PM
dumpnchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cheech4
Leave Guerin alone. Two years ago I would of been Saying -- GET HIM GET HIM!!!! but now I don't see him fitting in the Sharks mold.
Right on! Not what we need!

Old
06-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Spacemania
Recovering Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
Guerin I'm sure would be smoking on other teams, but he does not fit the Sharks mold. I don't see him as a team player and might try to hog the glory on the team.

Old
06-02-2004, 09:30 PM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
Bill Guerin, would be a good player in SJ, but it isn't going to happen.

I'm really really hoping, it would be amazing, if the Sharks signed Friesen....ooo boy. It would fit, he's fast, defensivly responsible, skilled, works hard, solid size.

Bring are boy back home. I still remember getting his rookie card, with him playing for the Canadian junior team. He had a face mask on so he was younger then 18, but still got that card today none the less.

Old
06-02-2004, 09:42 PM
dumpnchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-SHARKIE
I'm really really hoping, it would be amazing, if the Sharks signed Friesen....ooo boy. It would fit, he's fast, defensivly responsible, skilled, works hard, solid size.

Bring are boy back home. I still remember getting his rookie card, with him playing for the Canadian junior team. He had a face mask on so he was younger then 18, but still got that card today none the less.
Most people who have followed the Sharks for a while now consider him one of their favorites. To me the only NHL player I like more than him would Yzerman, as a Shark no one tops Freeze. I didn't watch any hockey for about a month after he was traded to ANA. I jsut hope Doug Wilson gets him back because he is most likely done with NJ.

That's a pretty old card. My oldest card of him is an authograph card from Classic, one of my most treasured hockey things.

Old
06-02-2004, 11:12 PM
VP and GM
Ack! Thbbft!

Not sure I'd do this one - probally cost us to many of our top players
as well as a ton of $$ under the salary cap.

Old
06-03-2004, 11:21 AM
Spacemania
Recovering Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
I've followed the team for like a decade, but he was never really a favorite. I was happy they traded Freisin and Shields for Selanee, and for a time the trade did work well. He mighta worked well had he stayed but then again he could have faulted like he did on Colorado. I still feel Friesen would dissipoint if he did return. Sometimes things that we feel would be absolutely perfect for a team or player, ends up bombing

Case in point, Selanne reuniting with Karyia in Colorado.

Yes, there two entirely different things but I just can't shake the feeling. I trust my gut.

Closed Thread