HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hradek: Lombardi's intense questioning turned off Kovalchuk

Old
09-08-2010, 11:46 PM
BigKing
Spot Picker

vCash: 500
Money. Bottom Line. I've already told everyone this so why can't we just move on?

NJ fans...just be glad that you got him but realize that the difference in offers is quite astronomical. Sure, he doesn't hate NJ but all of this talk about him "just loving it soooooo much because I love NJ and I am a NJ fan and, if I could play in the NHL, I'd totally want to play for the Devils!!LOLZZ" is past borderline retarded.

When Grossman et al speak about the "best opportunity to win" and all that jazz, do not underestimate the difference between the Eastern and Western conferences...especially with the travel involved in being an LA King. Kovy is at his best scoring goals and, while this could change over the course of his contract, the best place to score goals is in the Eastern Conference.

It's easier playing in NJ than LA, except for the whole living in NJ part of it.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2010, 11:50 PM
ScoreZeGoals
Back on Cloud 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige14 View Post
So, EJ Hradek is a legitimate source yet Jay Grossman is just using "agent speak". Riiiiiight.
I don't think there is legitimacy to what Hradek wrote. I'm just discussing it as if there was the slightest chance it was true. After all, what the hell else would we be doing here?

Agents ALWAYS use "agent speak". I don't care who it is. I don't believe a word they say. It's their job to make their clients look good, not speak the truth, but if you want to go on believing all the spin that agents try and shove down our throats, more power to you

Last edited by ScoreZeGoals: 09-09-2010 at 12:00 AM.
ScoreZeGoals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 01:00 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

I guess it's been a few years there but...

In Soviet Russia, the GM questions YOU!

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 01:04 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan12 View Post
This

The Kings would have been Favs, and could have followed a similar path as the Hawks in devolopment

If you have a Shot, go for it, don't worry about resign 2 Lesser players for 3 Million each in a few years, deal with it then, id rather have an elite sniper and take that shot. A Hossa, Gabby, or Kovy even in their mid to late 30's (if Healthy ie Gabby) will be very effective, and 30 Goal guys likely. Take the Shot, and Dean could have, but he didnt have the balls and now looking at the Kings roster, I doubt they make it out of the 1st, defenitly not out of the 2nd. I just dont see the Elite talent, upfront mostly, to have a dangerous team ie Contender

Well, on the other hand, if they do make it out of the first round without Kovalchuk, that's more than the last two teams that paid Kovalchuk the big bucks were able to do.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 01:47 AM
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Money. Bottom Line. I've already told everyone this so why can't we just move on?

NJ fans...just be glad that you got him but realize that the difference in offers is quite astronomical. Sure, he doesn't hate NJ but all of this talk about him "just loving it soooooo much because I love NJ and I am a NJ fan and, if I could play in the NHL, I'd totally want to play for the Devils!!LOLZZ" is past borderline retarded.

When Grossman et al speak about the "best opportunity to win" and all that jazz, do not underestimate the difference between the Eastern and Western conferences...especially with the travel involved in being an LA King. Kovy is at his best scoring goals and, while this could change over the course of his contract, the best place to score goals is in the Eastern Conference.

It's easier playing in NJ than LA, except for the whole living in NJ part of it.
Funny you should say that because this is where Kovalchuk where likely be living. Alpine, NJ:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpine,_New_Jersey

Yeah, it's gonna be real hard

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 01:53 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
Funny you should say that because this is where Kovalchuk where likely be living. Alpine, NJ:

My god, please tell me you aren't trying to compare Jersey to LA.

I mean, yes that's a nice place and all, do you happen to know how many STREETS are lined with houses like that in LA, didn't think so, not to mention, close access to the beach and mountains, and wait for it.....no below freezing weather,

Seriously bud, give your head a shake if you think living in Jersey is better.

sjmay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Taylorhall4EDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post

I mean, yes that's a nice place and all, do you happen to know how many STREETS are lined with houses like that in LA, didn't think so, not to mention, close access to the beach and mountains, and wait for it.....no below freezing weather,

Freezing weather is great, keeps the giant spiders from invading us

Taylorhall4EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 02:04 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorhall4EDM View Post
Freezing weather is great, keeps the giant spiders from invading us
LOL true, and I lived in LA for 20+ years, never had much use for it to be honest, but for someone to try and make out that living in Jersey is better is hilarious.

Old
09-09-2010, 02:17 AM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:

Do you happen to know how many STREETS in ENTIRE MUNICIPALITIES are lined with houses like that in New Jersey?

Bergen County, NJ, where Kovy will most likely take up residence, is one of the nation's most affluent jurisdictions, and New Jersey as whole is the country's second richest state only behind Maryland.

There's close access to the beaches in New Jersey, as well. Just watch that God awful abomination on MTV that helps to generate more warped conceptions of our state thanks to a bunch of ridiculous New Yorkers who got famous thanks to their stupidity to know what I'm talking about.

And the argument about no below-freezing weather warrants an "Okay... Whatever." Kovalchuk's Russian, I'm positive the cold whether doesn't bother him one bit.

Personally, It'd **** with me royally if I went to a hockey game and it was 70 degrees outside.

Anyway... It's really a ****ing shame that people look at a very, very small percentage of New Jersey, specifically the small portions of the state that are heavily industrialized and the ******, crime-infested neighborhoods in the outer reaches of Newark along with Camden (the latter shouldn't be an argument from Angelinos of all people, especially since you guys have that lovely section of LA County that includes the likes of Compton and Inglewood), and immediately proceed to generalize our entire state.

I wouldn't doubt for one second that a staggering amount of the ridiculous near-sightedness outsiders have towards the Garden State is generated by the popular media, either.

Quote:
LOL true, and I lived in LA for 20+ years, never had much use for it to be honest, but for someone to try and make out that living in Jersey is better is hilarious.
How is it hilarious?

In New Jersey, there (is a large amount) are wonderful places to live, just like LA.

And in New Jersey, there are ****** places to live, just like LA.

Take this from someone who lives here... I live in New Jersey in what is predominantly a working class town... And it's pretty damn nice.

Last edited by PacManNJD: 09-09-2010 at 02:44 AM.
PacManNJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 02:21 AM
timorousme
luongod

when you have $100mill, anywhere is great

timorousme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 02:23 AM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timorousme View Post
when you have $100mill, anywhere is great
Yeah... To be honest, that pretty much nails it.

Old
09-09-2010, 02:27 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post

Wow, you posted pictures. Lock up time!

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 02:33 AM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:

This is how I look at it:

If Kovalchuk was all about the money, then he could have taken the same amount of dough from the Islanders or Thrashers over a considerably shorter period of time.

And in regards to your second point...

I don't think it's that much easier playing in New Jersey than in Los Angeles as an NHL'er... If only because the fans here have standards pertaining to what is expected from the hockey club.

In all seriousness, if you're talking about media exposure, I can only assume that the Devils get just as much exposure in the NYC Metro as the Kings get out in Los Angeles, if only because the Devils have been the most consistent team in terms of success around these parts in winter sports (And that's including football. And HELL NO, I'm not saying the Devils are anywhere near as popular as the Giants or Jets. I'm not retarded.) over the last two decades, while Los Angeles is completely fixated on the Lakers during hockey/basketball season and the Kings haven't had any sort of legitimate playoff run since 1993.

Old
09-09-2010, 03:57 AM
sjmay*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanghostx View Post
Do you happen to know how many STREETS in ENTIRE MUNICIPALITIES are lined with houses like that in New Jersey?

Bergen County, NJ, where Kovy will most likely take up residence, is one of the nation's most affluent jurisdictions, and New Jersey as whole is the country's second richest state only behind Maryland.

There's close access to the beaches in New Jersey, as well. Just watch that God awful abomination on MTV that helps to generate more warped conceptions of our state thanks to a bunch of ridiculous New Yorkers who got famous thanks to their stupidity to know what I'm talking about.

And the argument about no below-freezing weather warrants an "Okay... Whatever." Kovalchuk's Russian, I'm positive the cold whether doesn't bother him one bit.

Personally, It'd **** with me royally if I went to a hockey game and it was 70 degrees outside.

Anyway... It's really a ****ing shame that people look at a very, very small percentage of New Jersey, specifically the small portions of the state that are heavily industrialized and the ******, crime-infested neighborhoods in the outer reaches of Newark along with Camden (the latter shouldn't be an argument from Angelinos of all people, especially since you guys have that lovely section of LA County that includes the likes of Compton and Inglewood), and immediately proceed to generalize our entire state.

I wouldn't doubt for one second that a staggering amount of the ridiculous near-sightedness outsiders have towards the Garden State is generated by the popular media, either.

How is it hilarious?

In New Jersey, there (is a large amount) are wonderful places to live, just like LA.

And in New Jersey, there are ****** places to live, just like LA.

Take this from someone who lives here... I live in New Jersey in what is predominantly a working class town... And it's pretty damn nice.
Guess I could have elaborated with municipalities, I mean, Brentwood, Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Hollywood Hills, Malibu, Calabasas, etc etc,

Figured I could cover it all with, L.A. lol, didn't think you would get into that much of a snitfit over it.

Please don't compare the Jersey Beaches to LA Beaches, I've been to both, absolutely no comparison,

As far as richest state, I presume you are talking government money, and not actual private wealth, which I have no idea how that fits into the equation at all, but ok, NJ is rich, and....yea,

Anyways, I was just pointing out the obvious to the guy who thought posting the picture of what would be an average house in Bel Air, as proof that living in NJ would be equal to living in LA.

Old
09-09-2010, 04:06 AM
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
*riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing*
Hello?
Ilya it's me Dean, want to sign yet?
It's 4AM Dean.
So, you're still thinking about it?
Yes!
Allright, allright I know these things take time, get some rest we'll talk later ok
Goodnight Dean!
*riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing*
Hello?
How bout now?

Lobstertainment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 04:09 AM
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkson Fall Down View Post
I really hope Kovalchuk lives here.

Lobstertainment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 04:16 AM
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Quote:
Guess I could have elaborated with municipalities, I mean, Brentwood, Beverly Hills, Bel Air, Hollywood Hills, Malibu, Calabasas, etc etc,

Figured I could cover it all with, L.A. lol, didn't think you would get into that much of a snitfit over it.

Please don't compare the Jersey Beaches to LA Beaches, I've been to both, absolutely no comparison,

As far as richest state, I presume you are talking government money, and not actual private wealth, which I have no idea how that fits into the equation at all, but ok, NJ is rich, and....yea,

Anyways, I was just pointing out the obvious to the guy who thought posting the picture of what would be an average house in Bel Air, as proof that living in NJ would be equal to living in LA.
Oh, I'm not disputing your first point. I'm completely aware of some of the ridiculously affluent gorgeous towns in LA County.

As a New Jerseyan, I have an inferiority complex, I suppose. I defend my state when people talk out of their ass (not you personally; in general) and make warped generalizations about our state.

You were only referring to promixity of beaches, not the quality of said beaches... I mean, I've never been to a Los Angeles beach, but I've been okay with what we have in New Jersey so far... Meh.

Richest state as in private money (median household income). I use that as an example quite often in arguments when people bring up their ideas of New Jersey being a giant slum and basically tell them that the assertions they're making are completely farcical and asinine. (Once again, you didn't say that. I'm just a sensitive *******. )

As for what's an "average" house in Bel-Air as opposed to Alpine, New Jersey... Well, yeah, you're talking about ****ing Bel-Air! Seriously, does anyone who makes less than like, $5 million a year even live in Bel-Air? (And for the record, there are plenty gated communities very similar to what you find up in Beverly Hills, Bel-Air, Hollywood Hills in Northern New Jersey.)

Old
09-09-2010, 04:32 AM
Kopistar

Quote:

You forgot Palos Verdes, Newport Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, The OC,

Kopistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 04:34 AM
Kopistar

Quote:
Oh, I'm not disputing your first point. I'm completely aware of some of the ridiculously affluent gorgeous towns in LA County.

As a New Jerseyan, I have an inferiority complex, I suppose. I defend my state when people talk out of their ass (not you personally; in general) and make warped generalizations about our state.

You were only referring to promixity of beaches, not the quality of said beaches... I mean, I've never been to a Los Angeles beach, but I've been okay with what we have in New Jersey so far... Meh.

Richest state as in private money (median household income). I use that as an example quite often in arguments when people bring up their ideas of New Jersey being a giant slum and basically tell them that the assertions they're making are completely farcical and asinine. (Once again, you didn't say that. I'm just a sensitive *******. )

As for what's an "average" house in Bel-Air as opposed to Alpine, New Jersey... Well, yeah, you're talking about ****ing Bel-Air! Seriously, does anyone who makes less than like, $5 million a year even live in Bel-Air? (And for the record, there are plenty gated communities very similar to what you find up in Beverly Hills, Bel-Air, Hollywood Hills in Northern New Jersey.)
I know you're defending your state and all, but come on now, California has the best beaches in the US with exception to Hawaii

Kopistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 04:41 AM
sjmay*

Quote:

I find that hard to believe, NJ being the richest state in private wealth, but then again, I haven't been out to CA in 10+ years, haven't been to Jersey in 5+ years, not that it makes any difference, but I do think the population difference might be the difference in determining the median household income,

And yes, a lot of people that don't make 5 million a year, live in Bel-Air in fact, a lot of people that don't work at all live there, lol

Old
09-09-2010, 05:25 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
I find that hard to believe, NJ being the richest state in private wealth, but then again, I haven't been out to CA in 10+ years, haven't been to Jersey in 5+ years, not that it makes any difference, but I do think the population difference might be the difference in determining the median household income,

And yes, a lot of people that don't make 5 million a year, live in Bel-Air in fact, a lot of people that don't work at all live there, lol
Meh. Rich people are fleeing CA, frankly. Place is becoming a dump real fast.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 09:01 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Quote:

Wow, someone is really hurt by Kovalchuk choosing NJ over LA. Why is it retarded that, if I had the opportunity to play in the NHL, I would want to play for the Devils? Maybe it's easier playing in NJ than LA not because of travel or the higher-scoring east (is this even true? 8 of the top 16 scoring teams are from the West, or 50%)...maybe it's the 17+ year track record of playoff appearances and success. Yes, it hasn't happened lately in NJ, but it hasn't happened in a longer time in LA.

Nice shot at living in NJ...said only by someone who has never lived here.

Quote:

Yup, NJ is close to the beach, close to the Appalachian mountains, close to NYC (without having to live there and pay those astronomical taxes and prices)...what's wrong with freezing weather? Having 4 seasons? Kovalchuk is from Russia, I hardly doubt he minds the cold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobstertainment View Post
I really hope Kovalchuk lives here.
Devils Tower...supposedly haunted.

njdevsfn95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 09:17 AM
FootKnight
This ****ing team

Quote:
I don't want to get in on this place to live debate, but to comment on this. I've never understood this when I see some Northeasterners and Canadians say it. Did the air conditioning phenomenon somehow not hit where you guys live? Does it "**** with you royally" when you're inside a building and it's cold when it's hot outside?

I've played hockey in Oklahoma in the middle of the summer when its 100+, what difference does it make? Yeah the ice was **** (it was always **** at those rinks even in the middle of winter anyway), but a building being cold inside when it's warm outside doesn't amaze and mess with my head, it's a pretty normal situation.

FootKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 09:26 AM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

This thread is full of lulz. All I can say is that the mexican food in LA is better than the mexican food in NJ.

xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Guttersnipe
Leave Zubrus Alone!

Quote:
You've heard of New York City right? You know it's the financial center of the world, right? Where do you think all those swell Wall Street types live?

I've lived in LA and it does have some ritzy neighborhoods, but nothing like the uber-wealthy East Coast counties surrounding NYC and DC because those two cities are a lot more important than LA. Just FYI.

Guttersnipe is offline   Reply With Quote