HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Predators\Panthers Prospect games, Sept 15-16

Old
09-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Down 2-0 4 min in. Ellis with g and a

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Clackson fought and took pen they scored their second on pp..

Guds is throwing ppl around

Old
09-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Coolburn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
GR is blogging semi-live at the game...anyone wanting updates:

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/flapa...da-live-1.html

He's also tweeting which seems a faster update:

http://twitter.com/OnFrozenPond

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

2-0 after one.. Best players for us.. Guds, comrie and McFarland

Old
09-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Good to hear Gudbranson is looking better.

But this
Quote:
Shots: NSH 21, FLA 8
does not sound reassuring. Welcome to Florida, indeed.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Good to hear Gudbranson is looking better.

But this does not sound reassuring. Welcome to Florida, indeed.
Better? Has he looked bad?

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
Better? Has he looked bad?
Some people who were there said he looked winded on the 1st day. But DeBoer, Murphy, and Skrewy said he's been looking good the last 2 days.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 08:32 PM
kivaerijo

didnt realize Marc Cheverie was with you guys. saw him in games last year with DU and man did he play well.

and what is with the the preds scoring on PP? and all those shots?! i might rather have the prospects play for us this year! how has klasen looked? any pred info?

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 08:35 PM
kivaerijo

looked at twitter...and nevermind on klasen info...looks like he introduced himself with FLA ice. ouch. hope he is ok. was it a hit? and by who?

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
k so we sucked...back to reality

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Erick

Sounds like quite the lopsided game tonight. Credit to DeBoer and his coaching staff for having his players ready to play, as always.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
k so we sucked...back to reality
BUT ITS OKAY ITS JUST TEH DEFENSVE SCHEME WER SUPPOSE TO LET THEM TAKE LOTS OF TEH PRIMETER SHOTZ!

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Erick

At least GR says that Markstrom is likely to play tomorrow. That should be fun. I'm sure he'll be tested a lot, of course.

Old
09-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

We lost the bonus shootout 2-1 too. lol

McFarland scored our goal.

I still don't know why Repik and Ellerby aren't in this camp. Our roster is like seriously 1/3 invites. Makes no sense.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 08:51 PM
Boooooth10

Just got back.. wow. What a very disappointing game. Most of our guys looked really tired by the end of the 2nd period. The puck possession time was just sad. Nashville controlled the puck like 65% of the game. I think the first period we had like 2 shots. It was really BAD.

Dadonov looked good. Had some really sweet dekes and had a breakaway. Love his hands. Howdens line looked really solid. McFarland had a few chances but couldn't find the net.

Petrovic looked very good in the second period. Had a huge hit and was weaving through traffic like he was a pro. Disappeared after that though.
Guds looked alright. Didn't really stand out. He was hammered behind the net and fell awkwardly. I saw him with one of the teams doctors checking his hand out. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

It was a pretty brutal game. Looked like Clackson broke some dudes nose in a fight. And one of Nashvilles players got destroyed while weaving through traffic. From where I was standing it looked like Klasen had his head down and just got leveled. He was laying face first on the ice for a good 5 minutes before he got up.

I'm a bit tired so that's all I really remember right now. I'll probably post some pics tomorrow.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Panteras
perennial loser

vCash: 536
Markstrom's ok right guys? If he's not feeling 100% I'd much rather him just sit, and get action in the pre-season games

Panteras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 09:22 PM
FinlandPanther

ok i just got back and boy was i impressed with mcfarland. excellent game for him, had a great power move in the beginning to get by the defender and almost scored a goal. created a lot of chances after that. best player of the game by far for me. hit everyone and just never gave up looked good defensively as well, had great work ethic the whole game and his shootout goal was fantasic. pulled of some nice dekes and top shelfed it.

gudbranson looked solid and had some nice hits, his hands looked good he was taking it in the zone and deked the defenders a few times for some shots. ran the PP good and pinched nicely and had some good shots. gave up 1 breakaway goal but caught up with him and stopped it. he got better as the game went on as well looking more comfortable. juniors is definetely the way for him but he looks like his 2 way game is developing nicely

petrovic looked good but had some dumb giveaways. the kid can carry the puck up and hit very well. shoots great also. kid is a project but he could be a damn good player in the future if he works on some things.

robak looked great controlled the puck on the powerplay well, pretty much did everything well for me.

didnt really notice comrie that much but when i did he made good plays i think he had a quiet solid game.

dadonov was good had some nice dekes and plays but couldnt finish anything and missed his breakaway chance after dangling the defender.

timmins was ok nothing good but nothing bad. sorry very vague.

well thats my 2 cents on the practice.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Some people who were there said he looked winded on the 1st day. But DeBoer, Murphy, and Skrewy said he's been looking good the last 2 days.
Cool, thanks. Haven't been around much, so I had no idea.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Back from game... pretty disappointing, wish we had Markstrom

Dadanov really showed me tonight how good his hands and playmaking skills are, very nice to see.. Had a few really nice dekes..

McFarland had a solid game and was visibly frustrated that nothing was going in, I like this kid a lot.

Gudbranson you could also tell was frustrated, almost went end to end with like 5 minutes to go, tried to do it himself, he had a nice deke to get around dman and hit post.. Very promising. He must have played 35 minutes, was def getting tired towards the end.

Comrie and Robak both had time on PP with Guds, personally I liked the pair with Comrie better because Robak would try and take over and Guds played the right side and when comrie was in guds played left and comrie kept setting up Guds for his big shot... Robak seemed to pinch a ton, very aggressive..

Petrovic was solid, he has better hands then I thought too..

Howden was pretty quiet, he definetly has speed, but he was on a line with McFarland and Birkholz who both want the puck, moreso with Birk and he ended up being a setup man and almost a midfielder type role for the 2.. Birkholz is solid, but was a little selfish this game.

I really like Timmins and Jenks, Jenks had the better game I think. Both similar type of players tho.

Cheverie started cold and then got better, Foster played pretty solid. I definetly have come to the conclusion that I like Foster more..

Clackson is one dirty mofo.. He was hitting everybody and I didnt get a clean view of the hit on Klason but he knocked him out, he was down for a good 5 minutes, pretty scary

As for the Nashville... Ellis and Blum are some STUDS..

Towards the end you could tell the refs didnt wanna make any more calls because it was getting dirty.. Clackson didnt get a penatly for running Klason.. And Ellis was just getting abused. Comrie crosschecked him in the face then Jenks clipped him pretty good..

Hopefully better tomorrow :-/

Old
09-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
ok i just got back and boy was i impressed with mcfarland. excellent game for him, had a great power move in the beginning to get by the defender and almost scored a goal. created a lot of chances after that. best player of the game by far for me. hit everyone and just never gave up looked good defensively as well, had great work ethic the whole game and his shootout goal was fantasic. pulled of some nice dekes and top shelfed it.
Replica of Crosby's shootout goal in his first ever visit to MTL if you remember?

Old
09-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Hip to be Square

5-0 shutout win for the preds. Plus, they won the SO at the end. Nsh has solid prospects and they make the playoffs pretty consistently. We could learn something from them.

Last edited by Hip to be Square: 09-15-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Hip to be Square is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Erick

Clackson won't see any ice time here. He's too aggressive/physical.

Old
09-15-2010, 09:50 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip to be Square View Post
5-0 shutout win for the preds. Plus, they won the SO at the end. Nsh has solid prospects and they make the playoffs pretty consistently. We could learn something from them.
You guys are definately on the right track, especially after this years draft. By the looks of it you've got a stud in Gudbrannson, very excited to watch your team over the next couple of years.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
The puck possession time was just sad. Nashville controlled the puck like 65% of the game. I think the first period we had like 2 shots. It was really BAD.
I've gotta assume a big part of that is that both Pickard and Lindback are pretty good at playing the puck and that if there's one common trait among our 6 defensemen in camp (besides the fact they're not all that big), it's gotta be that they're all known for their puck moving abilities.

Will be to see how Florida responds tomorrow. Shots were 21-8 in favor of the Preds after the first period, but finished with the Panthers out shooting the Predators by a 40-38 count at the end of 60 minutes...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2010, 10:07 PM
vektorious

I'll have a video of the entire game up soon.

vektorious is offline   Reply With Quote