HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 News Around the NHL thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-19-2011, 11:44 PM
  #426
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
There wasn't really anything the nhl could do. This is not like phoenix where they could hold the owners over a barrel.
What are the differences? Seems like literally out of left field Atlanta is moving when Phoenix has been on the verge for over a year now.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
05-20-2011, 06:06 AM
  #427
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Coolburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,769
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Globe and Mail is saying that Atlanta to Winnipeg is a done deal and will be announced on Tuesday. Ridiculous it can't be resolved, but their ownership was just as lame as our own. Apparently much worse.
Nothing is completed at all...negotiations are still on-going.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=366293

Coolburn is offline  
Old
05-20-2011, 04:23 PM
  #428
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
What are the differences? Seems like literally out of left field Atlanta is moving when Phoenix has been on the verge for over a year now.
The NHL had been financing the Yotes I think pretty much exclusively for a year so they were basically the default owners. Then the owner tried to go behind the NHL's back and sell the team to Balsillie. Then the NHL was like 'how do you sell the team when you haven't been paying for any of it for a year? it's our team now.' They had the legal authority to do really whatever they wanted with Phoenix.

ASG owns the hawks, thrashers, and the arena. They can sell of whatever pieces they want and there's nothing the NHL can do really because they have no leverage here, except to convince the BOG not to give a majority vote to approve the sale and/or relocation after the sale is completed. Methinks True North will get the votes though. Everyone makes money, and that's all most of these guys care about.

Also, there were rumors kinda for a couple years that Atlanta might be moving to Winnipeg, although not as strong as in the last couple weeks. Remember last trade deadline when Kovy was saying he didn't want to sign longterm with Atlanta because he was afraid the team might end up in Winnipeg? Well I guess he was the smart one. Now according to the Globe and Mail, this deal was already signed months ago. If that's true, then there has been a lot more going on behind the scenes than people suspected.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
05-20-2011, 08:10 PM
  #429
CanadianPantherFan
Registered User
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,460
vCash: 500
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=913735

Really good spirited thread going on right now with the Thrashers fans. Lets bring a couple of these fans on board who want to join us here in their time of grieving. It could do us well by bringing a couple members here to our board, making them laugh by our failures here in the last decade, and maybe they'll come to love this franchise one day like we all do.

CanadianPantherFan is offline  
Old
05-20-2011, 10:09 PM
  #430
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
salak gets 2 year 1-way deal from the hawks. doesn't necessarily validate the guy but he now, at the least, an nhl backup. he was dead and buried here but you'd think that we'd have been able to get more than pacan (+ really - frolik had to have had a least a slightly higher upside than skille at that time) for him.

zeroG is offline  
Old
05-20-2011, 11:39 PM
  #431
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,665
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=913735

Really good spirited thread going on right now with the Thrashers fans. Lets bring a couple of these fans on board who want to join us here in their time of grieving. It could do us well by bringing a couple members here to our board, making them laugh by our failures here in the last decade, and maybe they'll come to love this franchise one day like we all do.
Im down.

pb1300 is offline  
Old
05-21-2011, 05:43 AM
  #432
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
salak gets 2 year 1-way deal from the hawks. doesn't necessarily validate the guy but he now, at the least, an nhl backup. he was dead and buried here but you'd think that we'd have been able to get more than pacan (+ really - frolik had to have had a least a slightly higher upside than skille at that time) for him.
Maybe, but Pacan is underrated. He's going to win some fans in the next couple years i think.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
05-21-2011, 06:11 AM
  #433
jol
Registered User
 
jol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
I'm just stunned to see in the news the Boogie-man is dead

They aren't releasing any details, so I'm wondering if it's a suicide? But could be a bunch of possibilities. Sad.
Overdose, alcohol and oxycontin.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...rfW3yYNwbYkoPO

I wonder if they are going to investigate how did he get oxy?

JOL

jol is offline  
Old
05-21-2011, 09:04 AM
  #434
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
Overdose, alcohol and oxycontin.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...rfW3yYNwbYkoPO

I wonder if they are going to investigate how did he get oxy?

JOL
it was oxycodone, not oxycontin, to be precise. and it's not illegal.

zeroG is offline  
Old
05-21-2011, 09:11 AM
  #435
jol
Registered User
 
jol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
it was oxycodone, not oxycontin, to be precise. and it's not illegal.
You can buy it over the counter?

JOL

jol is offline  
Old
05-23-2011, 08:10 AM
  #436
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
You can buy it over the counter?

JOL
no, but you've made an assumption that he did not have a prescription.

zeroG is offline  
Old
05-23-2011, 06:41 PM
  #437
jol
Registered User
 
jol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Miami Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
no, but you've made an assumption that he did not have a prescription.
I'm not subject matter expert but how many pills doctor can prescribe to patient (at one time)?

JOL

jol is offline  
Old
05-23-2011, 06:56 PM
  #438
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
I'm not subject matter expert but how many pills doctor can prescribe to patient (at one time)?

JOL
A lot, depending on the seriousness of the condition and the medication itself. Wrt oxycodone, I know from experience in my family that a doctor can prescribe several bottles at a time.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
05-24-2011, 09:24 AM
  #439
zeroG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somerville, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
A lot, depending on the seriousness of the condition and the medication itself. Wrt oxycodone, I know from experience in my family that a doctor can prescribe several bottles at a time.
yes but it doesn't even take close to that much to have this effect. it can depresses (and eventually stop) your breathing and impair your judgement. depending on the dosage, i bet half a dozen or so (he WAS 6'8") washed down with a bottle of wine and a bite to eat, followed by a couple of more would be dangerous scenario and probably not too far off from what happened. it was ruled an accident after all.

zeroG is offline  
Old
05-24-2011, 12:01 PM
  #440
Markstrom Rules
Sup
 
Markstrom Rules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
yes but it doesn't even take close to that much to have this effect. it can depresses (and eventually stop) your breathing and impair your judgement. depending on the dosage, i bet half a dozen or so (he WAS 6'8") washed down with a bottle of wine and a bite to eat, followed by a couple of more would be dangerous scenario and probably not too far off from what happened. it was ruled an accident after all.
Oh for sure, it even says right on the front of the bottle that taken with alcohol may be fatal. One standard pill(I forget the mG) every 4-6 hrs. is a strong dose. If he took 8 pills and a glass of wine he'd be a goner for sure.

Markstrom Rules is offline  
Old
05-26-2011, 11:13 AM
  #441
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,345
vCash: 500
Red Wings defenseman and mainstay of Team USA this past decade Brian Rafalski has passed up a $6M contract extension from the Wings and opted to retire.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...wings-rafalski

__________________
"...and ultimately it doesn't matter."
Acadmus is offline  
Old
05-27-2011, 05:07 AM
  #442
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,345
vCash: 500
And now another Team USA guy, Doug Weight has retired after 19 seasons.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...-weightretires

Acadmus is offline  
Old
05-27-2011, 05:25 AM
  #443
BabyJagrov
Registered User
 
BabyJagrov's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Under the Sunshine
Country: St Pierre and Miquelon
Posts: 3,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Red Wings defenseman and mainstay of Team USA this past decade Brian Rafalski has passed up a $6M contract extension from the Wings and opted to retire.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...wings-rafalski
He hasn't passed up on an extension... He retired one year before the end of his deal signed with the Wings in July 07.

Just to clear things up.

BabyJagrov is offline  
Old
05-27-2011, 07:36 AM
  #444
Acadmus
Moderator
 
Acadmus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Vermont
Country: United States
Posts: 15,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
He hasn't passed up on an extension... He retired one year before the end of his deal signed with the Wings in July 07.

Just to clear things up.
Ah, didn't read that clearly.

Acadmus is offline  
Old
05-29-2011, 06:35 AM
  #445
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Mogo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 9,986
vCash: 813
Made my chuckle

1996 - The Florida Panthers were swept by the Colorado Avalanche in the finals.
2011 - Having learned a valuable lesson from that experience, the Florida Panthers haven't lost another playoff series in ten years.

So you could say were unbeaten for 10 years in the playoffs. Not many can say that.

Mogo is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 10:15 AM
  #446
Panthers Rock
Moderator
Slumpin' Like A Soph
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,538
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Well, the travel for the new Southeast division is going to suck this coming season:


__________________

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Panthers Rock is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 12:02 PM
  #447
Panteras
perennial loser
 
Panteras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Television sky
Country: United States
Posts: 6,972
vCash: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Well, the travel for the new Southeast division is going to suck this coming season:

so it's official that they're gonna be in the Southeast?

Panteras is offline  
Old
05-31-2011, 12:15 PM
  #448
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker
 
Desert Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Frisco, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 2,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panteras View Post
so it's official that they're gonna be in the Southeast?
For this season, yes. No word yet on realignment after this season but I suspect it'll be one of Nashville, Detroit or Columbus moving into the East for 2012-13.

Desert Panther is offline  
Old
06-04-2011, 08:54 PM
  #449
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,051
vCash: 500
True North has announced that Dudley will not be going to Winnipeg. Signed a 4 year extension in January, I think. Gonna get paid for awhile now.

Edit: They're saying he'll get a buyout over an 8 year period.


Last edited by Laus723: 06-04-2011 at 09:01 PM.
Laus723 is offline  
Old
06-04-2011, 09:12 PM
  #450
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,903
vCash: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
True North has announced that Dudley will not be going to Winnipeg. Signed a 4 year extension in January, I think. Gonna get paid for awhile now.

Edit: They're saying he'll get a buyout over an 8 year period.
A had a feeling this would happen.

Nice retirement plan for Duds!

JP Mick is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.