HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 News Around the NHL thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-05-2011, 07:14 AM
Acadmus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
For this season, yes. No word yet on realignment after this season but I suspect it'll be one of Nashville, Detroit or Columbus moving into the East for 2012-13.
Just to update, Bettman gave his state of the NHL speech last week and confirmed that the league will realign in 2012 and naturally speculation is that one of those teams will come East.

I'm personally hoping it's Columbus or Nashville (Columbus would make more sense). Not that it wouldn't be good to have a Detroit in the conference, but the NHL wouldn't be the same without several games a year between Detroit and Chicago and Detroit and Colorado.

06-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

As much as I have issues with the way Horton departed Florida, no one likes to see a player get leveled like that. Very reminiscent of the Booth hit and there better be a very hefty suspension coming for Aaron Rome.

Old
06-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Boooooth10

Philly just acquired Bryzgalov's rights. I wonder if this means they're going to be trading Hartnell or Carter soon.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Philly just acquired Bryzgalov's rights. I wonder if this means they're going to be trading Hartnell or Carter soon.
Surprised the Coyotes let him go. Either he was trying to make bank, told them he wouldn't play for them again or they think they can get him back on July 1st.

Old
06-07-2011, 08:10 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
Surprised the Coyotes let him go. Either he was trying to make bank, told them he wouldn't play for them again or they think they can get him back on July 1st.
Wild guess... He won't sign long term with Phoenix because he doesn't want to risk the team relocating and having to play in Canada.

Old
06-07-2011, 09:16 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
Wild guess... He won't sign long term with Phoenix because he doesn't want to risk the team relocating and having to play in Canada.
According to the hockey reporters on Twitter his contract demands were excessive and they weren't going to be able to sign him so they did the right thing and traded his rights. I'd be surprised if Philly can sign him if he wants to get paid as one of the top goalies.

Old
06-07-2011, 09:29 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Clearly a head shot. lucky he only got 4..

Old
06-08-2011, 04:42 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves
Clearly a head shot. lucky he only got 4..
Meanwhile, Boston's own Chara never did get suspended...I'm just sayin'

Live game action didn't do this justice - look at the slow-mo replay around the 1:10 mark.

When will the league get rid of this double-standard between star players and regular players? It makes disciplinary actions like this look like a bad joke.

Old
06-08-2011, 07:58 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Meanwhile, Boston's own Chara never did get suspended...I'm just sayin'

Live game action didn't do this justice - look at the slow-mo replay around the 1:10 mark.

When will the league get rid of this double-standard between star players and regular players? It makes disciplinary actions like this look like a bad joke.
they are different. was this "rub out" late? of course. under normal circumstances though, that type of play results in nothing but an interference penalty. the injury was not caused directly by chara but rather by a chance run-in with the turnbuckle. you cannot say the same for a shoulder to the head, e.g., rome's hit.

i'm not saying there's no double standard at all, just that this incident isn't necessarily the best to prove your point.

Old
06-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
they are different. was this "rub out" late? of course. under normal circumstances though, that type of play results in nothing but an interference penalty. the injury was not caused directly by chara but rather by a chance run-in with the turnbuckle. you cannot say the same for a shoulder to the head, e.g., rome's hit.

i'm not saying there's no double standard at all, just that this incident isn't necessarily the best to prove your point.
No, the issue I have is it was in no way a "chance run in" with the turnbuckle - instant replay showed Chara looking up at that turnbuckle right before sending Pacioretti into it with a little extra shove to the side. It wasn't so much a blindside hit, yes - but it was no less deliberate and in the end, the injuries to the two victim players was the same. The league said before the Chara/Pacioretti incident that they would crack down on head shots and they let Chara go just because he let the turnbuckle do the dirty work for him...but now his team benefits from their sudden decision to crack down.

In all truth, I'm 100% for suspending a player indefinitely for these hits - but the league needs to be consistent. It can't keep following the model of "oh my God, was anyone killed? Is he a star player? Oh, Aaron Rome? Who's that? Yeah, suspend him, no one knows who he is anyway, we won't lose ticket sales or TV ratings."

Old
06-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Pantherbelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry_treefrog View Post
This! We all know that team will not be in Phoenix for long. The BOG will not allow Bettmans screw up cost them more money next year. I also heard that Bettman has told Bastille tat he makes nice nice he can have a team....ahhhh Hamilton here we come.

Old
06-08-2011, 09:32 AM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherbelle View Post
This! We all know that team will not be in Phoenix for long. The BOG will not allow Bettmans screw up cost them more money next year. I also heard that Bettman has told Bastille tat he makes nice nice he can have a team....ahhhh Hamilton here we come.
www.litterboxcats.com

yea its right there... its ridiculous; behave and I'll give you a team....
seriously!

Old
06-15-2011, 12:47 PM
JP Mick
Fire trucks beware!

vCash: 120
Just saw a tweet from Bob McKenzie from a couple days ago that says Pete DeBoer is a front-runner for the Detroit assistant coach position.
Good luck Pete!

Old
06-15-2011, 01:26 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Just saw a tweet from Bob McKenzie from a couple days ago that says Pete DeBoer is a front-runner for the Detroit assistant coach position.
Good luck Pete!
Perfect position for him. He was just sooooo not ready to run a team. Unfortuantely we paid for it. Not surprised HC positions passing him up to date.
However this is the kind of experience that will allow him to learn from a HC how to run a bench and seasoned NHL players. Good on him i hope he gets it and succeeds.

Old
06-15-2011, 01:31 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Perfect position for him. He was just sooooo not ready to run a team. Unfortuantely we paid for it. Not surprised HC positions passing him up to date.
However this is the kind of experience that will allow him to learn from a HC how to run a bench and seasoned NHL players. Good on him i hope he gets it and succeeds.
Seconded. That's great news!

Old
06-15-2011, 01:47 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

[QUOTE=Acadmus;33497182]No, the issue I have is it was in no way a "chance run in" with the turnbuckle - instant replay showed Chara looking up at that turnbuckle right before sending Pacioretti into it with a little extra shove to the side. It wasn't so much a blindside hit, yes - but it was no less deliberate and in the end, the injuries to the two victim players was the same. The league said before the Chara/Pacioretti incident that they would crack down on head shots and they let Chara go just because he let the turnbuckle do the dirty work for him...but now his team benefits from their sudden decision to crack down.

[QUOTE]

Wow, do you really believe Chara had the malice aforethought to have seen the turnbuckle, decided to intentinall ram Paciorettis head into it, and all within the seconds of the incident?

I dont. But if true, the District Attorney should file criminal actions for that type of conduct. Thats not even a late or high hit, that would be implying Felonious conduct.

Old
06-18-2011, 07:09 AM
Laus723
Future Now

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=927775

Reports are that Bryz has been signed to a 5 year deal worth 5.5 per. Imagine Vokoun will get that as well. Doubt he's a Panther next season.

06-18-2011, 07:26 AM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=927775

Reports are that Bryz has been signed to a 5 year deal worth 5.5 per. Imagine Vokoun will get that as well. Doubt he's a Panther next season.
Tomas is older and wasn't as good as Bryzgalov the last few years...

I've always said 4.5M would be the perfect number for Vokoun, and I'm pretty sure he will sign that kind of contract for 2 to 3 years.

Old
06-18-2011, 07:29 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
Tomas is older and wasn't as good as Bryzgalov the last few years...

I've always said 4.5M would be the perfect number for Vokoun, and I'm pretty sure he will sign that kind of contract for 2 to 3 years.
Yeah, I think he'll get in that range, and I don't think the Panthers will want to pay that for him. They may, I'd welcome him back, just expecting Emery to be a Panther...for some reason.

Would love to take Richards and Steeg off the Flyers hands, though.

Old
06-18-2011, 09:50 AM
Thunderheart

No to Flyers Richards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Yeah, I think he'll get in that range, and I don't think the Panthers will want to pay that for him. They may, I'd welcome him back, just expecting Emery to be a Panther...for some reason.

Would love to take Richards and Steeg off the Flyers hands, though.
Laus...Could never accept Richards as a Panther after the cheap hit on Booth

Some of us have short memories

Thunderheart

Old
06-18-2011, 10:14 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderheart View Post
Laus...Could never accept Richards as a Panther after the cheap hit on Booth

Some of us have short memories

Thunderheart
I know we do, but I think he'd be a fan favorite quickly. I didn't like that hit, either, but he's a lot of what I love in hockey players. Leader, hits everything, scores, plays whistle to whistle, sets the example.

Old
06-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Boooooth10

5.5m? How can they even fit that under the cap?

Old
06-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
5.5m? How can they even fit that under the cap?
Its not really that hard TBH. The cap is probably going up at least $3M, they can easily get rid of Leighton's cap hit which is being counted right now against them ($1.5M), and then putting Lapierre ($1.16M) on LTIR gives them plenty of space to fit that under the cap.

To fill out the rest of their roster, yes they'll need to move players but it wont be hard for them to fit Bryz's new contract in. Its already been rumored but I'm sure Versteeg will be moved so they can sign other players. Also keep in mind that part of their cap hit numbers include Boborovsky's rookie bonuses which he most likely won't reach now since he'll have fewer starts with Bryz the new starter.

Old
06-18-2011, 10:47 AM
Laus723
Future Now

There's also rumors that they're looking to move either Carter or Richards to help, too. I expect Carter to go before Richards, though. They don't lack centers over there.

Old
06-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Well looks like the cap is going up even higher than originally thought. Its now projected to go up $5M to an upper limit of $64M. In addition, that means the cap floor has increased to $48M which means either FL is spending almost $30M this offseason or there will be some form of penalties. Very interesting development IMO.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369480

Closed Thread