HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 News Around the NHL thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2011, 07:59 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

vCash: 500
Bruce Boudreau was just fired replaced by Dale hunter. Damn i thought George Mcphee was dumb enough to keep boudreau and the capitals would be mediocre for the rest of the season.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:34 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
Bruce Boudreau was just fired replaced by Dale hunter. Damn i thought George Mcphee was dumb enough to keep boudreau and the capitals would be mediocre for the rest of the season.
And the SE Division Coaching Carousel continues. Maurice handed his walking papers by the 'Canes. Kirk Muller is the likely replacement.

Old
11-28-2011, 09:46 AM
RainingRats

I'm a little worried about the coaching changes. I think it has the possibility to be a catalyst to turn things around.

Old
11-28-2011, 11:47 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Wonder if the Canes will stop diving now

Things will probably get dicey, not a fan of meeting a team with a brand new coach in their first game, hopefully we can take it to him.

11-28-2011, 11:54 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Wonder if the Canes will stop diving now

Things will probably get dicey, not a fan of meeting a team with a brand new coach in their first game, hopefully we can take it to him.
This.

how was crowd in Tampa? game sucked i know.

Old
11-28-2011, 12:02 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
This.

how was crowd in Tampa? game sucked i know.
Not too bad, actually. The couple guys in front of us stunk pretty bad, but they were at least cool. Wasn't until we left that we heard a few hecklers. "Panthers suck" was met with, "first place!"

Old
11-28-2011, 12:24 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I'm not surprised about either firing. Just am surprised that the Caps decided to do it now and not after the season ended while they've only lost 2 in a row and are still 2nd in the division. As I stated in another thread, sucks for us that Maurice was fired now right before we play them. We all know how teams perform under a new coach's first game typically.

Old
11-28-2011, 12:29 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Not too bad, actually. The couple guys in front of us stunk pretty bad, but they were at least cool. Wasn't until we left that we heard a few hecklers. "Panthers suck" was met with, "first place!"
Glad to know they didn't give you guys such a hard time after some of the stories that I read from other games. P-Rock and I are looking into going to the game on Feb. 4th and were hoping to come out alive or not in Hillsborough County jail

Old
11-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Glad to know they didn't give you guys such a hard time after some of the stories that I read from other games. P-Rock and I are looking into going to the game on Feb. 4th and were hoping to come out alive or not in Hillsborough County jail
Let us know, we're looking to go to that one, too. Likely going to meet up with several of my friends from down there.

They weren't bad at all. The first place retorts literally shut em up, was cool. Course, Rattrick hollered back "your mom" once, funniest part was the other person just stammered afterward.

Old
11-28-2011, 05:32 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Let us know, we're looking to go to that one, too. Likely going to meet up with several of my friends from down there.

They weren't bad at all. The first place retorts literally shut em up, was cool. Course, Rattrick hollered back "your mom" once, funniest part was the other person just stammered afterward.
Despite them kicking our ***** 5-1, it sounds like it was a semi-good time. Yeah, I'll talk to P-Rock and we'll let you know. It would probably be much more fun sitting near a group of Panthers fans rather than having the chance of getting heckled all game.

I was at the game on Friday night in Sunrise and there were probably slightly more Lightning fans there than normal. Probably because they were down there like I was visiting family for the holiday weekend. Most of them seemed well behaved after the overtime win and really just seemed more shocked than anything. I did see a group of teenage Bolts fans on the escalator chanting "Panthers Suck" but everyone was just giving them pathetic looks.

Old
11-28-2011, 05:49 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:

It's amazing how that classic retort never gets old and always works!

Old
11-28-2011, 07:12 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Despite them kicking our ***** 5-1, it sounds like it was a semi-good time. Yeah, I'll talk to P-Rock and we'll let you know. It would probably be much more fun sitting near a group of Panthers fans rather than having the chance of getting heckled all game.

I was at the game on Friday night in Sunrise and there were probably slightly more Lightning fans there than normal. Probably because they were down there like I was visiting family for the holiday weekend. Most of them seemed well behaved after the overtime win and really just seemed more shocked than anything. I did see a group of teenage Bolts fans on the escalator chanting "Panthers Suck" but everyone was just giving them pathetic looks.
Should've popped off with my retort. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
It's amazing how that classic retort never gets old and always works!
Conversation literally went:

"Panthers suck..."
Rattrick: "Your mom sucks"

"......yeah....well..........your grand.....ma...."

Old
11-30-2011, 12:38 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Mentioned in another thread, but Leblond was waived by Calgary. I'm sure he's not the best player out there, but he can sure throw with the best of em. Had an incredible fight with Janssen, lasted awhile with McGrattan and held his own well, and knocked down Thornton with a glancing blow as the fight was winding down. Tough customer for sure, and the kind of guy who can go with anyone.

Old
11-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Should've popped off with my retort. lol.

Conversation literally went:

"Panthers suck..."
Rattrick: "Your mom sucks"

"......yeah....well..........your grand.....ma...."
"Yo mamma" jokes never get old ...

Old
11-30-2011, 11:54 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:

I'll most likely be heading to that game as well, we should all definitely meet up.

Old
12-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Boudreau wasn't out of work very long .. Randy Carlyle out and Bruce Boudreau in with the Ducks..

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nhl/s...bruce-boudreau

Old
12-05-2011, 11:57 AM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Has anyone else seen the new proposed alignment for next season when Winnipeg is put into the West? I'm typing this on a phone so I apologize for not being able to post a link, but they are thinking of having 4 separate conferences with no divisions. They are proposing putting the Panthers and Lightning in a conference with the Northeast Division teams and the Canes and Caps with the Atlantic Division teams. I think of the travel we'd have to endure and think this is an absolute crazy idea.

Old
12-05-2011, 12:05 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Has anyone else seen the new proposed alignment for next season when Winnipeg is put into the West? I'm typing this on a phone so I apologize for not being able to post a link, but they are thinking of having 4 separate conferences with no divisions. They are proposing putting the Panthers and Lightning in a conference with the Northeast Division teams and the Canes and Caps with the Atlantic Division teams. I think of the travel we'd have to endure and think this is an absolute crazy idea.
From what I read, teams travel expenses would increase by $1 million each, and the average additional travel would be about 20,000 miles. I think its ridiculous that they are doing this. They need to keep it the way it is, move Winnipeg to the West, and eithe Columbus or Nashville to the East. But if they are going to go with this four division format, Id rather be in the NE division, since the teams seem to be easier than the Atlantic division.

Old
12-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Two4Fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
Don't know if you guys have seen this:

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2011/12...ch-killer.html

Ovechkin and Boudreau rapping "You got me fired"

Old
12-07-2011, 08:10 PM
gizmo12688

Quote:
@VanCanucks: AV confirms Booth is out with MCL sprain. Expected to miss 4-6 weeks. #Canucks
Well I guess that makes us equal with Sammuelson being injured when we got him....

Seriously though, that sucks for David.

Old
12-07-2011, 08:15 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

He should be thanking his lucky stars it's only a sprain.

Old
12-09-2011, 10:39 AM
gizmo12688

Quote:
Kaberle traded to Mtl for Spacek. Done deal.
-Dreger

Old
12-09-2011, 10:53 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
-Dreger
Thats laughable for montreal. Makes them much worse especially with cap issues. Gauthier is going to get the ax this summer book it.

Old
12-14-2011, 11:41 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Campbell in the Norris discussion??

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...phy-candidates

Old
12-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Laus723
Future Now

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

NHL.com saying that Pronger is out for the season due to post-concussion syndrome.

Closed Thread