HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 News Around the NHL thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2011, 07:59 AM
  #676
PanthersHockey1
Bond.
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,578
vCash: 500
Bruce Boudreau was just fired replaced by Dale hunter. Damn i thought George Mcphee was dumb enough to keep boudreau and the capitals would be mediocre for the rest of the season.

PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 09:34 AM
  #677
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker
 
Desert Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Frisco, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 2,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
Bruce Boudreau was just fired replaced by Dale hunter. Damn i thought George Mcphee was dumb enough to keep boudreau and the capitals would be mediocre for the rest of the season.
And the SE Division Coaching Carousel continues. Maurice handed his walking papers by the 'Canes. Kirk Muller is the likely replacement.

Desert Panther is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 09:46 AM
  #678
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,189
vCash: 500
I'm a little worried about the coaching changes. I think it has the possibility to be a catalyst to turn things around.

RainingRats is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 11:47 AM
  #679
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,096
vCash: 500
Wonder if the Canes will stop diving now

Things will probably get dicey, not a fan of meeting a team with a brand new coach in their first game, hopefully we can take it to him.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 11:54 AM
  #680
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth
 
adam graves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: south florida
Country: United States
Posts: 8,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Wonder if the Canes will stop diving now

Things will probably get dicey, not a fan of meeting a team with a brand new coach in their first game, hopefully we can take it to him.
This.

how was crowd in Tampa? game sucked i know.

adam graves is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 12:02 PM
  #681
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
This.

how was crowd in Tampa? game sucked i know.
Not too bad, actually. The couple guys in front of us stunk pretty bad, but they were at least cool. Wasn't until we left that we heard a few hecklers. "Panthers suck" was met with, "first place!"

Laus723 is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 12:24 PM
  #682
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,588
vCash: 500
I'm not surprised about either firing. Just am surprised that the Caps decided to do it now and not after the season ended while they've only lost 2 in a row and are still 2nd in the division. As I stated in another thread, sucks for us that Maurice was fired now right before we play them. We all know how teams perform under a new coach's first game typically.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 12:29 PM
  #683
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Not too bad, actually. The couple guys in front of us stunk pretty bad, but they were at least cool. Wasn't until we left that we heard a few hecklers. "Panthers suck" was met with, "first place!"
Glad to know they didn't give you guys such a hard time after some of the stories that I read from other games. P-Rock and I are looking into going to the game on Feb. 4th and were hoping to come out alive or not in Hillsborough County jail

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 12:44 PM
  #684
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Glad to know they didn't give you guys such a hard time after some of the stories that I read from other games. P-Rock and I are looking into going to the game on Feb. 4th and were hoping to come out alive or not in Hillsborough County jail
Let us know, we're looking to go to that one, too. Likely going to meet up with several of my friends from down there.

They weren't bad at all. The first place retorts literally shut em up, was cool. Course, Rattrick hollered back "your mom" once, funniest part was the other person just stammered afterward.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 05:32 PM
  #685
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Let us know, we're looking to go to that one, too. Likely going to meet up with several of my friends from down there.

They weren't bad at all. The first place retorts literally shut em up, was cool. Course, Rattrick hollered back "your mom" once, funniest part was the other person just stammered afterward.
Despite them kicking our ***** 5-1, it sounds like it was a semi-good time. Yeah, I'll talk to P-Rock and we'll let you know. It would probably be much more fun sitting near a group of Panthers fans rather than having the chance of getting heckled all game.

I was at the game on Friday night in Sunrise and there were probably slightly more Lightning fans there than normal. Probably because they were down there like I was visiting family for the holiday weekend. Most of them seemed well behaved after the overtime win and really just seemed more shocked than anything. I did see a group of teenage Bolts fans on the escalator chanting "Panthers Suck" but everyone was just giving them pathetic looks.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline  
Old
11-28-2011, 05:49 PM
  #686
JP Mick
Two Gallants
 
JP Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Homestead, FL
Posts: 4,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Let us know, we're looking to go to that one, too. Likely going to meet up with several of my friends from down there.

They weren't bad at all. The first place retorts literally shut em up, was cool. Course, Rattrick hollered back "your mom" once, funniest part was the other person just stammered afterward.
It's amazing how that classic retort never gets old and always works!

JP Mick is online now  
Old
11-28-2011, 07:12 PM
  #687
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Despite them kicking our ***** 5-1, it sounds like it was a semi-good time. Yeah, I'll talk to P-Rock and we'll let you know. It would probably be much more fun sitting near a group of Panthers fans rather than having the chance of getting heckled all game.

I was at the game on Friday night in Sunrise and there were probably slightly more Lightning fans there than normal. Probably because they were down there like I was visiting family for the holiday weekend. Most of them seemed well behaved after the overtime win and really just seemed more shocked than anything. I did see a group of teenage Bolts fans on the escalator chanting "Panthers Suck" but everyone was just giving them pathetic looks.
Should've popped off with my retort. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
It's amazing how that classic retort never gets old and always works!
Conversation literally went:

"Panthers suck..."
Rattrick: "Your mom sucks"



"......yeah....well..........your grand.....ma...."

Laus723 is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 12:38 PM
  #688
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,096
vCash: 500
Mentioned in another thread, but Leblond was waived by Calgary. I'm sure he's not the best player out there, but he can sure throw with the best of em. Had an incredible fight with Janssen, lasted awhile with McGrattan and held his own well, and knocked down Thornton with a glancing blow as the fight was winding down. Tough customer for sure, and the kind of guy who can go with anyone.

Laus723 is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 06:37 PM
  #689
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker
 
Desert Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Frisco, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 2,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Should've popped off with my retort. lol.



Conversation literally went:

"Panthers suck..."
Rattrick: "Your mom sucks"



"......yeah....well..........your grand.....ma...."
"Yo mamma" jokes never get old ...


Desert Panther is offline  
Old
11-30-2011, 11:54 PM
  #690
Holy Jokinen
Registered User
 
Holy Jokinen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Tampa/Boca
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Let us know, we're looking to go to that one, too. Likely going to meet up with several of my friends from down there.

They weren't bad at all. The first place retorts literally shut em up, was cool. Course, Rattrick hollered back "your mom" once, funniest part was the other person just stammered afterward.
I'll most likely be heading to that game as well, we should all definitely meet up.

Holy Jokinen is offline  
Old
12-01-2011, 11:25 AM
  #691
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker
 
Desert Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Frisco, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 2,238
vCash: 500
Boudreau wasn't out of work very long .. Randy Carlyle out and Bruce Boudreau in with the Ducks..

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nhl/s...bruce-boudreau

Desert Panther is offline  
Old
12-05-2011, 11:57 AM
  #692
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come
 
FlaPnthrsPunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Coconut Creek, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,588
vCash: 500
Has anyone else seen the new proposed alignment for next season when Winnipeg is put into the West? I'm typing this on a phone so I apologize for not being able to post a link, but they are thinking of having 4 separate conferences with no divisions. They are proposing putting the Panthers and Lightning in a conference with the Northeast Division teams and the Canes and Caps with the Atlantic Division teams. I think of the travel we'd have to endure and think this is an absolute crazy idea.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline  
Old
12-05-2011, 12:05 PM
  #693
pb1300
BLEED RED
 
pb1300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Aiyio, Greece
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,679
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
Has anyone else seen the new proposed alignment for next season when Winnipeg is put into the West? I'm typing this on a phone so I apologize for not being able to post a link, but they are thinking of having 4 separate conferences with no divisions. They are proposing putting the Panthers and Lightning in a conference with the Northeast Division teams and the Canes and Caps with the Atlantic Division teams. I think of the travel we'd have to endure and think this is an absolute crazy idea.
From what I read, teams travel expenses would increase by $1 million each, and the average additional travel would be about 20,000 miles. I think its ridiculous that they are doing this. They need to keep it the way it is, move Winnipeg to the West, and eithe Columbus or Nashville to the East. But if they are going to go with this four division format, Id rather be in the NE division, since the teams seem to be easier than the Atlantic division.

pb1300 is offline  
Old
12-07-2011, 12:33 PM
  #694
Two4Fighting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
Bruce Boudreau was just fired replaced by Dale hunter. Damn i thought George Mcphee was dumb enough to keep boudreau and the capitals would be mediocre for the rest of the season.
Don't know if you guys have seen this:

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2011/12...ch-killer.html

Ovechkin and Boudreau rapping "You got me fired"

Two4Fighting is offline  
Old
12-07-2011, 08:10 PM
  #695
gizmo12688
Registered User
 
gizmo12688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 5,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
@VanCanucks: AV confirms Booth is out with MCL sprain. Expected to miss 4-6 weeks. #Canucks
Well I guess that makes us equal with Sammuelson being injured when we got him....

Seriously though, that sucks for David.

gizmo12688 is offline  
Old
12-07-2011, 08:15 PM
  #696
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor
 
StrangeVision's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
He should be thanking his lucky stars it's only a sprain.

StrangeVision is offline  
Old
12-09-2011, 10:39 AM
  #697
gizmo12688
Registered User
 
gizmo12688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 5,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Kaberle traded to Mtl for Spacek. Done deal.
-Dreger

gizmo12688 is offline  
Old
12-09-2011, 10:53 AM
  #698
PanthersHockey1
Bond.
 
PanthersHockey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: UF & Boca Raton
Country: United States
Posts: 5,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo12688 View Post
-Dreger
Thats laughable for montreal. Makes them much worse especially with cap issues. Gauthier is going to get the ax this summer book it.

PanthersHockey1 is offline  
Old
12-14-2011, 11:41 PM
  #699
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker
 
Desert Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Frisco, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 2,238
vCash: 500
Campbell in the Norris discussion??

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...phy-candidates

Desert Panther is offline  
Old
12-15-2011, 08:00 PM
  #700
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,096
vCash: 500
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

NHL.com saying that Pronger is out for the season due to post-concussion syndrome.

Laus723 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.