HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 News Around the NHL thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2012, 05:54 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Leafs re-sign Grabovski, 5 years at 5.5 per. Seems a bit pricey.
It is, but Burke had to do it. If he didn't re-sign him he might as well have just quit now. Love seeing this. That contract is going to cripple them.

Old
03-07-2012, 06:06 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
It is, but Burke had to do it. If he didn't re-sign him he might as well have just quit now. Love seeing this. That contract is going to cripple them.
Well it also has an affect on the rest of the league remember cause other potential UFAs see what he got and will want the same or more. For us, it could mean that we wont be able to re-sign Weiss next season when he's a potential UFA too.

Old
03-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
Well it also has an affect on the rest of the league remember cause other potential UFAs see what he got and will want the same or more. For us, it could mean that we wont be able to re-sign Weiss next season when he's a potential UFA too.
We'll re-sign Weiss. We are not nearly as affected as the Leafs will be. We're already a better team with a better future and we have the potential to spend more if we keep making the playoffs. The leafs are already at the cap and they still don't have a #1 goalie or d-man. Gardiner's pretty good but he's young.

Old
03-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Big news, Mike Green suspended 3 games. Definitely going to hurt the Caps.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389897

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Old
03-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers Rock View Post
Big news, Mike Green suspended 3 games. Definitely going to hurt the Caps.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=389897
That was an awful hit, thought he'd maybe get more as a repeat offender. Just didn't use his brain.

03-09-2012, 05:48 PM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Stupid contracts never seem to have that lasting effect though.

I doubt Santos would give Weiss a 5 year 5.5M contract.

By then, I expect that Weiss will be far more expendable. Hopefully, Huberdeau will be ready to step into the #1 spot by 2013 and Matthias will have solidified the #2 spot.

Old
03-13-2012, 03:17 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
Former Panther Steve MacIntyre loses his mind, fights goalie

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter

Old
03-15-2012, 07:58 AM
Acadmus

I'm pissed...yet again, UVM is losing one of it's increasingly rare offensive talents, as though they can afford to.

Viktor Stalberg's little brother Sebastian just got signed by the Sharks. That makes TWO Stalbergs that have left the Catamounts before reaching their senior year.

This team was STARVED for goals this season...and now a big chunk of what few they had is walking away.

03-15-2012, 08:00 AM
Acadmus

Quote:
I don't see Weiss leaving Florida. He strikes me as the kind who will accept a somewhat smaller contract to stay loyal to his team. Question is whether the team will stay loyal to him.

Old
03-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Skinner suspended 2 games for kicking (was shoving really, but it doesn't matter) Nichol of the Blues.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=60&id=165355

Old
03-29-2012, 10:32 AM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Sort of NHL news related, but EA is doing a cover vote this year for NHL 13. Right now the first rounds are between players on their own teams.

For the Panthers you can choose to vote in either Weiss or Fleischmann.

http://covervote.nhl.com

Old
03-30-2012, 02:05 AM
Gudbranson44

With Pierre Gauthier fired, the TSN panel was discussing potential candidates to take over as the habs GM. I was surprised to hear bob mackenzie going on and on about how they should contact the panthers and ask it tallon would be available, seeing as he is bilingual, has cup building experience and doing a great job in florida...
I sincerely hope tallon would stay loyal to us if the opportunity would arise for him with the habs.

To watch the video, go to www.tsn.ca/nhl and click the video "the short list"

Old
03-30-2012, 05:47 AM
Laus723
Future Now

First time in over a decade we're doing well, why the **** we would we make him available? And to them? Just dumb.

Edit: Just watched the video, what an absolute insult. HUGE insult, imo. That was a "he's bigger than Florida, get him outta that hole" comment. I see it as nothing less than that. Let him out of the contract...f'in stupid.

Last edited by Laus723: 03-30-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old
03-30-2012, 11:13 AM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
First time in over a decade we're doing well, why the **** we would we make him available? And to them? Just dumb.

Edit: Just watched the video, what an absolute insult. HUGE insult, imo. That was a "he's bigger than Florida, get him outta that hole" comment. I see it as nothing less than that. Let him out of the contract...f'in stupid.
Extracate him from the Florida situation? WTF. **** you Bob. Yeah horrible situation down here best prospect pool in the league, no pressure, and you're not required to move a guy 10-20 places up on the draft because he is French Canadian. Not to mention it wouldn't say much about Tallon's character if he bailed on us and all these guys he made promises to. I don't think he would go just because he gave his word to all those guys that he would be here to build a winner Cambell especially.

Old
03-30-2012, 11:29 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
Extracate him from the Florida situation? WTF. **** you Bob. Yeah horrible situation down here best prospect pool in the league, no pressure, and you're not required to move a guy 10-20 places up on the draft because he is French Canadian. Not to mention it wouldn't say much about Tallon's character if he bailed on us and all these guys he made promises to. I don't think he would go just because he gave his word to all those guys that he would be here to build a winner Cambell especially.
Glad I'm not the only one who was insulted by those comments.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:03 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:
Glad I'm not the only one who was insulted by those comments.
If I had said what I wanted to I would probably get banned.

He also said they had JM under contract and could hire him as GM. So it's not as if he was throwing out good ideas.

Last edited by PBPantherfan: 03-30-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old
03-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBPantherfan View Post
If I had said what I wanted to I would probably get banned.

He also said they had JM under contract and could hire him as GM. So it's not a if he was throwing out good ideas.
True.

Old
03-30-2012, 01:12 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Surprised McKenzie would say that. Definitely lost a bit of respect there.

Just goes to show folks, we are not liked very much, and likely never will be, even with success.

Old
03-30-2012, 02:07 PM
zeroG

i think you guys are overreacting. i don't think he meant any disrespect to us. the fact of the matter is the montreal jobs (plural, really - both GM and coaching) are two of the most prestigious jobs in the hockey world. i don't think tallon would leave as he's kinda (publicly at least) given the hard sell on south florida as a great place to come to. JM on the other hand, seemed to be waiting for the montreal job to come open.

i think most people in the business would think for a second if offered the gig, even if they liked where they are at. in any case, bmac's point was just that they ought to look everywhere and he even suggested it would be a non-starter. also JM's not such a bad idea. despite what some around here think, the rest of the hockey world clearly respects him... a lot.

Old
03-30-2012, 03:54 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
i think you guys are overreacting. i don't think he meant any disrespect to us. the fact of the matter is the montreal jobs (plural, really - both GM and coaching) are two of the most prestigious jobs in the hockey world. i don't think tallon would leave as he's kinda (publicly at least) given the hard sell on south florida as a great place to come to. JM on the other hand, seemed to be waiting for the montreal job to come open.

i think most people in the business would think for a second if offered the gig, even if they liked where they are at. in any case, bmac's point was just that they ought to look everywhere and he even suggested it would be a non-starter. also JM's not such a bad idea. despite what some around here think, the rest of the hockey world clearly respects him... a lot.
do you always have to play the devils advocate?I pity bob mackenzie must suck to cover some of the worst teams in the nhl in the leafs and habs for the entire season. I couldnt be happier.

And as for Jaques Martin...**** him i hope the canadiens hire him as gm so they can experience what a decade of non playoffs feels like. the leafs are well on their way there.

Old
03-30-2012, 04:38 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
do you always have to play the devils advocate?I pity bob mackenzie must suck to cover some of the worst teams in the nhl in the leafs and habs for the entire season. I couldnt be happier.

And as for Jaques Martin...**** him i hope the canadiens hire him as gm so they can experience what a decade of non playoffs feels like. the leafs are well on their way there.
i was shocked when i heard the wording so i watched the clip myself. knowing the sensitivity of people around the whole unconventional market issue, i get where the responses are coming from but i don't think he meant "extricate" in the way folks here have taken it. that would be REALLY arrogant and out of character for him. seems to me, he was saying something like "he's an ideal candidate - they should see if they could pry him away from the panthers...".

i guess you're blaming everything bad that happened here on JM, eh? that makes a whole lot of sense.

Old
03-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
i was shocked when i heard the wording so i watched the clip myself. knowing the sensitivity of people around the whole unconventional market issue, i get where the responses are coming from but i don't think he meant "extricate" in the way folks here have taken it. that would be REALLY arrogant and out of character for him. seems to me, he was saying something like "he's an ideal candidate - they should see if they could pry him away from the panthers...".

i guess you're blaming everything bad that happened here on JM, eh? that makes a whole lot of sense.
There's 29 others markets. This team is finally on the right path. Obviously Tallon is a top notch GM, but you're reasoning leaves out the biggest question: Why in God's name would the Panthers make their smartest and best GM they've had (ever?) available to the Habs? Or, in other words, what makes him think that would be an option? To me, the notion is an insult. Don't care how that's viewed.

Old
03-30-2012, 06:58 PM
IceManCat
A New Era

Tallon would never trade the links for the frozen tundra. This whole Montreal prestige thing is only important to Quebec folks

Old
03-30-2012, 11:55 PM
jol

Quote:
There's 29 others markets. This team is finally on the right path. Obviously Tallon is a top notch GM, but you're reasoning leaves out the biggest question: Why in God's name would the Panthers make their smartest and best GM they've had (ever?) available to the Habs? Or, in other words, what makes him think that would be an option? To me, the notion is an insult. Don't care how that's viewed.
What kind of contract Tallon has with Panthers?

JOL

Old
04-10-2012, 08:13 PM
ShootIt

Edmonton won the draft lotto, which means they'll be picking first for the 3rd year in the row.

Why didn't Bettman dock balls from the Oilers like he did us?

Closed Thread