HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Petr Sykora

Old
09-09-2010, 04:13 PM
NJDFan4Life

vCash: 500
Petr Sykora

Has anyone heard what he plans on doing for his career is he planning on signing somewhere tryout invite going to KHL? If he plans on staying in NHL where can you see him playing

NJDFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 04:17 PM
caley

He might have to take the Miroslav Satan route and sit on the sidelines waiting for a team to get an injury to a Top 6 player and hope to get a call.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 04:46 PM
sunbear

He was negotiating a deal with New Jersey Devils. There was an interview with HC Plzeň GM Marty Straka earlier this week as his club signed a Canadian forward. Straka was asked about potential Sıkora's signing and he said:

"We are still in touch but I believe the chances of signing him are very small. He negotiated with New Jersey, he's been waiting for offers from NHL. We'll see what happens but we could not wait any longer. We signed Josh (Langfeld), who is a good player as well."

http://hokej.idnes.cz/chci-davat-gol...2946_hokej_ald

Maybe if Devils manage to trade one big contract away, they'll sign Sıkora on his place (for under 1 M).

sunbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 04:51 PM
dbaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbear View Post

"We are still in touch but I believe the chances of signing him are very small. He negotiated with New Jersey, he's been waiting for offers from NHL. We'll see what happens but we could not wait any longer. We signed Josh (Langfeld), who is a good player as well."

Maybe if Devils manage to trade one big contract away, they'll sign Sıkora on his place (for under 1 M).
elias - arnott - sykora all over again.

dbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 04:53 PM
TyBOZAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunbear View Post
He was negotiating a deal with New Jersey Devils. There was an interview with HC Plzeň GM Marty Straka earlier this week as his club signed a Canadian forward. Straka was asked about potential Sıkora's signing and he said:

http://hokej.idnes.cz/chci-davat-gol...2946_hokej_ald

They have to clear lots of cap space.

TyBOZAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 07:21 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

I would think the chances of him signing in NJ are slim. The Devils have wingers coming out the ass and Sykie didn't exactly end on a great note with Lou.

kyle evs48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2010, 07:24 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
Bitter Buffalo

vCash: 50
Considering the way he's played the past two seasons I can't imagine why anyone would be interested.

Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 02:12 AM
defer*

sykora>kovy

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 02:20 AM
TheStranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge View Post
Considering the way he's played the past two seasons I can't imagine why anyone would be interested.
Can't say I know much about the guy really, haven't paid attention to him that closely...but checking his stats...

Other than last year which I assume was cut very short by injury...I don't see how somewhere between 20-30 goals and 20-30 assists is bad.

TheStranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 03:30 AM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Can't say I know much about the guy really, haven't paid attention to him that closely...but checking his stats...

Other than last year which I assume was cut very short by injury...I don't see how somewhere between 20-30 goals and 20-30 assists is bad.
The guy is finished as a hockey player, even ask Wild fans.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 03:51 AM
Tender Rip
#Haz supa line mates

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post

It started the year before. He was attached to Geno's hip in the regular season, and when Malkin lead the league in points (including ES points) your linemates will have nice stats. But Sykora wasn't actually good at any point that season outside of some customary PP screamers and he more or less died as a hockey player a month before the end of the reg. season. Got scratched in the playoffs which was a huge factor in Malkin taking the Conn Smythe and the Pens winning the cup, and he never recovered.
It was abrupt, but I'm sure Minnesota fans will attest that there's just nothing there now. Two such years in a row.... when you're 34 and really, really soff.... contracts aren't easy to come by.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 07:56 AM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

I read that Patrik Elias actually wants the Devils to give him a tryout...

I could see him going to the Devils, but only if they trade away Rolston, or two other $2.5+M players.

If Sykora ends up in New Jersey, I would still like to see the Kovalchuk-Arnott-Elias line, rather than the Sykora-Arny-Elias line. Kovy needs a big body (Arnott) to play with, and I think playing with Kovalchuk will reignite the 60-70 (maybe 80?) point scoring in Arnott and Elias. We'll see.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 08:11 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Too bad Straka doesn't want to come back to the NHL. He was one of the most electrifying players in his prime. That goal he scored with the panthers against the pens in the 95-96 conferance finals was one of my favs of all time. He took a perfectly placed bounce pass off the boards from Gord Murphy, put it into high gear and deked 2 guys out of their drawers, then played a little give and go with Bill Lindsay and roofed it over Barraso.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 08:17 AM
HemskyToHall*

He was fairly mediocre as an Oiler, but could probably make our top 6 lolz.

HemskyToHall* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 09:32 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
please god no. do not want this piece of crap back

Zajacs Bowl Cut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Anderson55

Hes been hurt since the beginning of 2009, kinda why he started to flop in Pitt (systems as well) and why he missed alot of time last year.

Anderson55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-10-2010, 10:43 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

He had a shoulder injury down the stretch for the Pens in 2009. Earlier that year he was great, but he was pretty bad down that stretch.

With the Wild, he got a concussion right away, and then he missed a bunch of time, and then he got waived. A couple days afterwards, he revealed he had a torn stomach muscle that required surgery. So basically he hasn't been healthy for about a year and a half.

It's entirely possible that he can rebound from all that IF he's healthy, but three different injuries in that time span might have him about wrapped up as a player.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote